Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Facebook Comic Groups564

Collector Marc_1 private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone frequent these different groups?

I know Steve does and some others might. I'm slowly getting off the ones run by private people because it seems to attract some very unsavory immature types.

I can certainly be immature with the best of them but this borders on propaganda and hate, which I just don't tolerate.

Was curious what others have seen and do.

Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Chubbyfresh77 private msg quote post Address this user
I am a member of several and have found it very helpful in learning more about collecting.

It has also been not so great at times, especially once I shared my picture evidence of the new CGC case damaging my book. I was called all sorts of things, but I try not to let those type of people get to me. I just think about how awful their lives must be to want to treat people like that.
However,if not for the FB groups I would definitely not be as into collecting as I am. Good source of info at times so I trudge through the muck!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector KenWorthing private msg quote post Address this user
I specifically left an FB Group, pretty much because of what Chubbyfresh77 experienced with the new cases.

I left, because the Group Admin was a 'poster boy' for the new cases, and refused to admit there was a problem at all.

I blocked him too. Yup, I was "that" riled up
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenWorthing
I specifically left an FB Group, pretty much because of what Chubbyfresh77 experienced with the new cases.

I left, because the Group Admin was a 'poster boy' for the new cases, and refused to admit there was a problem at all.

I just had the same occurrence from a person who is the admin of the CGC group forum on FB.

I left the group and blocked him as well.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector KenWorthing private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc_1
Quote:

I just had the same occurrence from a person who is the admin of the CGC group forum on FB.

That's the Group, and that's probably the fella. D**id Ra*fo*d.
Post 5 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I don't much care for the FaceBook groups, but I do sift through them from time to time.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
If it wasn't for a great group of slab collectors on facebook, I probably would not be here. But I've definitely had my share of runins with other fb admins, not all of them pleasant. A certain CGC admin comes to mind, initials A. R. Anyone know if he is still around while all of this is going on?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector matterus023 private msg quote post Address this user
Over here in the UK facebook groups are useless unless you are into deadpool or harley quinn. Plus ALL they blab on about is flipping. Like it is a TERRIBLE thing to do.

I had to leave the biggest group recently due to the stupid comments I saw every day. Plus for me I just wasn't learning anything new which is important to me.

Many people on there are also very rude. Saying that though a U.S facebook group recently blocked me. I listed a comic on there for sale which I own but is sitting at a friends house in the states. I mentioned that in the listing and it was taken down. Fair enough it was mentioned in the rules that the comic must be with you. Kind of annoying as many of my comics sit in the states but ok. Anyway spoke to an admin about it. It was a friendly and polite convo. Next thing I know I can't get on there anymore. Completely pathetic

I hope to learn much more on here and make a few more friends across the pond
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user
Meh. No interest in joining a Facebook Comic Group. I only use FB to maintain some kind of contact with friends I no longer have regular contact with.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's the Group, and that's probably the fella. D**id Ra*fo*d.

That's the guy.
Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
Anybody know some good FB colic groups let me know. Looking for some
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Chubbyfresh77 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine
Anybody know some good FB colic groups let me know. Looking for some

They all have colic, never stop crying like babys!!!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not sorry to say that Lin Harrell and Christopher Larkin are two that I do not think favorably of. It goes without saying I'm not in any of their groups.

That said, there are some good groups that I subscribe to and participate in.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Jerkfro private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

This is a typical problem with many Facebook groups. Thin skinned special little snowflakes who can't tolerate any viewpoint but their own. Their are some good groups out there though. I'm in a Dell group, a Harvey group, and a DC 1950s group. Those are all good but are made up of comic readers primarily and don't really touch on slabbed comics.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick_Pontoon
Meh. No interest in joining a Facebook Comic Group. I only use FB to maintain some kind of contact with friends I no longer have regular contact with.

Several months ago I joined joined a few groups, both comic and non comics related and I have seen very little content in most of them that I can't live without. Facebook is also vastly inferior to message boards for protracted discussions and the ability to search for stuff.
Post 15 IP   flag post
double post
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Ghost_Town private msg quote post Address this user
I checked out the CGC Comics Club a few weeks ago when the new case problems went from bad to worse. Between the guy(s) who runs the group and some of its belligerent zombie members, it was the comic book version of the Flat Earth Society. Make that the Flat Comic Society.

Waves, what waves? CGC fixed that problem. Shut up or start your own group if you want to mention it. And we'll curse at you for good measure.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Does anyone frequent these different groups?

I know Steve does and some others might. I'm slowly getting off the ones run by private people because it seems to attract some very unsavory immature types.

I can certainly be immature with the best of them but this borders on propaganda and hate, which I just don't tolerate.

Was curious what others have seen and do.

Thanks!
No need to bash me Mark
Post 18 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Town
I checked out the CGC Comics Club a few weeks ago when the new case problems went from bad to worse. Between the guy(s) who runs the group and some of its belligerent zombie members, it was the comic book version of the Flat Earth Society. Make that the Flat Comic Society.

Waves, what waves? CGC fixed that problem. Shut up or start your own group if you want to mention it. And we'll curse at you for good measure.

"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war".
Post 19 IP   flag post
597993 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?