Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Sketch CoversComics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

Comic Con Revolution 2018 - West Palm Beach5626

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Good morning!

Did anyone from the forum attend Comic Con Revolution in West Palm Beach on Saturday (it was a 1-day event)?

I had to drive up from Fort Lauderdale but I am glad I did, it was a ton of fun. Unfortunately there were a couple of cancellations like Chris Bachalo and Chris Claremont but the promoters were able to get Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti to fill in (They just had to drive over from the west coast, Tampa I think)

They guys from Scout Comics were there with a big table set up. Haick, Rivera, Pruett were all slangin' their books. Cool group of guys. James has a "Bug Out Bag" promo for his book Solar Flare, pretty cool idea!

I also talked with Ming Chen, Tommy Walker, Frank Tieri and got a great Magik commission done by Billy Tucci. There was a Magik cosplay that he took a photo of to be the muse for my sketch!

Frank told me that Harley "isn't going anywhere" despite being absent from May's DC solicitations. No surprise there but I had to ask. Amanda has been bugging Garth Ennis "for years" to do another volume of The Pro. He says "her story has been told" but it'd be good timing since it was recently opted.

I put up a video (below) and most of the cosplay photos and the commission are up on my Instagram page, if you're want to check those out.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Oh! and if you want to check out the Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti panel, here you go:

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector anthonybischoff private msg quote post Address this user
I went got a couple things signed and I knew that Chris Claremont canceled and I was bummed but then when I got there to find out Chris Bachalo cancelled too but I ended up getting a sketch cover from Dave Johnson and a couple Ghost Rider Remarks from Jimmy Palmiotti. So I was a happy camper and I drove up from Coconut Grove, Miami. I will post what I got when I get to my office.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@anthonybischoff Nice! I was bummed too, I didn't know they cancelled until I got there so I wasn't prepared for Jimmy and Amanda. I actually bought a Harley Quinn book from Frank Tieri. He signed it and since Amanda did the cover I had her sign as well. Jimmy did a remarque on the book so it became triple signed with a remarque which was pretty awesome.

I brought 2 books for Greg Land, he was a nice guy. Joked with him for a minute and sat in on his panel. I also had 2 books for Dave Johnson to sign, the Spiderman/Deadpool #1 hip hop variant and the Catwoman "Bullitt movie poster variant". 2 awesome covers if you ask me!

I picked up some books I was looking for, not a whole lot of comic book sellers, but I did like those 0.50 bins lol
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Mintcondition private msg quote post Address this user
I was there. It was a major let down. Only real reason I went was to meet Claremont. I got to meet and speak with Ron Marz and the guys at Scout comics. Stand up guys. Amount of comic vendors was pretty weak. I don't think I'll be attending another con run by these guys unless they have a bigger lineup. Now for I'm just waiting on Supercon this summer.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector anthonybischoff private msg quote post Address this user
I got stuff signed by most of the writers and artists there.

Post 6 IP   flag post
Here is my Billy Tucci piece

Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Davescomicbox private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah unfortunately the booth price was a little high for a one day show. I think that was a big reason many of us Florida vendors who do a lot of the Florida shows did not show up.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Mintcondition private msg quote post Address this user
Well if that's the case, I don't see them doing another con down here in the future.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I was told - and it’s 3rd party so take it as you will - that the event host realized it was lacking in comic book vendors. He is new to the area and didn’t want to commit to a full weekend, just kind of gauge the area based on a day.

Apparently next years will be 2 days and they’ll be better about attracting more comic book vendors.

Being local (well a few hours drive in any case) I’d also like to see a CBCS presence next time (the distinguished competition was set up with a booth near the front)
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector zosocane private msg quote post Address this user
I was there. It was strange seeing CGC there, but with three comic book dealers. (At least three is what I counted.) I won't be back unless I see an exhibitor list with plenty of dealers next time.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zosocane
I was there. It was strange seeing CGC there, but with three comic book dealers. (At least three is what I counted.) I won't be back unless I see an exhibitor list with plenty of dealers next time.

I sort of feel like they committed after reading about Chris Claremont's presence. Surely they'd get some submissions and a crowd draw from that one guest
Post 12 IP   flag post
600484 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?