Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature ASPComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

My latest submissions! Let's talk about it5621

SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user

I just submitted 8 books. Silver Surfer 6 and Max Carnage are photos of the actual books. I failed miserably in not taking pics of the others before submission. I plan to update on the results when these come back 5-6 months from now. I hope I'm not too far off with my grading estimates. I did not plan on submitting so many, but Cody was making it too easy to get witnessed sigs so we were going to the different artists together, each with our own books.

Silver Surfer 6 (1st series) expecting 9.2

Maximum Carnage (Acclaim Promotional)getting pressed, currently a 9.2/4, hoping for 9.8

Spider-Man 2099 1 2nd print(toy variant) getting pressed, currently a 9.2/4, hoping for a 9.8

Warlock Infinity Watch 1 (witnessed Medina sig) expecting 9.6

Venom Dark origin 1 (witnessed Medina sig) getting pressed currently 9.4/6, hoping for 9.8

Venom Dark Origin 4 (witnessed Medina sig)getting pressed currently 9.4/6, hoping for 9.8

TMNT 78 Great Lakes ComiCon variant cover (witnessed sign/sketch Lawson, signed Moore, expecting 9.8

Thor 500 (witnessed sig Messner-Loebs) expecting 9.8

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
I noticed about half of those GLCC TMNT books had an impact mark to the bottom left corner. I was impressed with the "house" book this year; bought 5 of em thinking they wont be available for the next decade.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Did you see Lawson's Original art? great pieces/prices. I scooped up one of a foot clan ninja being put into a bodybag.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
ooooo how come i didn't know about the tmnt variant?!
Post 4 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't see the impact mark on mine (to be honest I didn'y look at it closely.) I only got one copy and it lives at CBCS for now.
I saw Lawson's original art but was running short on cash by then. I'm hoping to be better prepared next year. I ended up with his sign/sketch on my con variant TMNT book and the booth sign, so I'm happy.

kaptainmyke, only 1200 were printed so they say. You may still be able to order at Greatlakescomiccon.org if they have any left. $20/copy free shipping. Looks like they have the ASM 23 Pollard variant still available too, and the GI Joe variant.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector CEPubDude private msg quote post Address this user
So is the big thing with the Warlock 1 issue the signature? Or did I miss something Warlock newsworthy? Just wondering because I just picked that one up. Another 50 cent find...
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
ooooo how come i didn't know about the tmnt variant?!

http://www.greatlakescomiccon.org/store.html get more than one if you want a 9.8 or write a note if possible to look out for the defect i mentioned.
Post 7 IP   flag post
The warlock 1 was more of a signature thing for me. The book in particular I got signed/graded is one I’ve owned since I was a teenager. Full disclosure: not all my books I get graded are $ driven. I suppose it has the possibility of paying off if warlock is a big part of the marvel cinematic universe but it’s whatever. my day job funds the comics 😁 I love the fact that my comic hobby can actually pay me back, whereas my mountain biking hobby is naught but a money pit.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector cawummel private msg quote post Address this user
That is quite the submission list. Hope you get the grades you are expecting on all of them.

I missed that TMNT variant cover somehow, and I was at the show!
Post 9 IP   flag post
597866 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?