Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Restoration and ConservationGrading Help NeededMovies TelevisionPop Culture

1971 DC Comics HOUSE OF SECRETS 925616

Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke Congrats on the score man! Swamp Thing is one of, if not my favorite so I am a little biased but it really doesn't get much cooler than this book. One thing about it though is that its ridiculously hard to find in higher grades. There are only 2 9.8's for Pete's sake!

This is the second copy I ever bought. I paid somewhere around 400 for it in '12 or '13. Came back a 7.5 twice. First to get Len and Bernie and then Weezy. It's not my only or nicest copy but I think it's probably my favorite.

Post 51 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
very cool signatures in matching colors!
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster Would you consider selling one of those #1s?
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
very cool signatures in matching colors!

Thank you sir
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
Nice copy! A little TLC press might do it some good, but definitely up to you if you're deciding to get it slabbed or not. I'd love to get one of these, but it's not in my top ten yet!
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I just bought a HOS92. I took these photos as soon as I got it unboxed. What do you think?

I'll give you $150 for it...that's the 24 month average for a low grade copy like that one.

Serious offer brah, let me know.
Post 56 IP   flag post
@Logan510 Post #6
Post 57 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odins_Raven
@Logan510 Post #6

And?
Post 58 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510
Quote:
I just bought a HOS92. I took these photos as soon as I got it unboxed. What do you think?

I'll give you $150 for it...that's the 24 month average for a low grade copy like that one.

wow u got serious issues brah get some sunshine and unplug
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
This brings up a somewhat unrelated thought to mind; I wonder if there are many buyer/sellers out there who insist on paying 2 year averages on hot books, but ask 90 day averages when selling hot books.

And since there's no "off topic" thread:

I hate when eBay offers those 10% eBay bucks deals the day AFTER dropping a ton of cash.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

wow u got serious issues brah get some sunshine and unplug

Is that how you treat people who make lowball offers? Not cool brah.
Post 61 IP   flag post
I don't know what's jappening here
Post 62 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Post 63 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:

the struggle is real, brah
Post 64 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

I raise that offer to $155.99. I'll pay over the average.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Sorry I took @DarthLego's 25 month average instead.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
Quote:
Quote:

I raise that offer to $155.99. I'll pay over the average.

I tried buying a GSX #1 CGC 9.0 for the 9 year average and got turned down.

I don't understand what's wrong with these sellers wanting fair market value.
Post 67 IP   flag post
You're not doing it right.
Post 68 IP   flag post
@Logan510 Lets break that down "Fair Market Value" everyone talks about. The word "Fair" is b.s. This is 'Merica! Nothing is fair. Either you get put over the barrel or the other guy does.

Market Value is whatever a buyer can talk a seller into and vice versa.

All those GPA charts that we hold so dear, I see them as war records of defeats and victories.

I always set a goal to buy something lower than the current GPA records to test my negotiating skills. A personal challenge if you will.

I have succeeded at that many times and failed as well. But at least I try and not just bend over and take the "FMV" price. I think Mike is very much like that as well.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Logan510 Lets break that down "Fair Market Value" everyone talks about. The word "Fair" is b.s. This is 'Merica! Nothing is fair. Either you get put over the barrel or the other guy does.

Market Value is whatever a buyer can talk a seller into and vice versa.

All those GPA charts that we hold so dear, I see them as war records of defeats and victories.

I always set a goal to buy something lower than the current GPA records to test my negotiating skills. A personal challenge if you will.

I have succeeded at that many times and failed as well. But at least I try and not just bend over and take the "FMV" price. I think Mike is very much like that as well.

So you're all for trying to bend over a fellow collector and boardie with that 24 month average hogwash?

Check
Post 70 IP   flag post
Quote:

So you're all for trying to bend over a fellow collector and boardie with that 24 month average hogwash?

Check

Hi @Logan510. If you like to over pay or pay the "asking rate" on stuff that fluctuates like a roller coaster that's your choice. Trying to make other people feel bad for following the principles of a free market economy is lame.

If someone believes the "24 month average" story and agrees to sell at that price, you've just witnessed negotiating bro!
Post 71 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Check

Hi @Logan510. If you like to over pay or pay the "asking rate" on stuff that fluctuates like a roller coaster that's your choice. Trying to make other people feel bad for following the principles of a free market economy is lame.

If someone believes the "24 month average" story and agrees to sell at that price, you've just witnessed negotiating bro!

I try to make fair offers, I don’t try to put one over on someone.
Post 72 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, this needs to end! He paid $611 for the comic, he’s not going to sell it for $150, $155 or anything less than $611! I’m pretty sure he’s keeping it for his PC.
Post 73 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@daywalker They're busting his balls for making an offer on another book for the 24 month average.

He pointed out that the more recent sales were trending upwards, but intended it as an opening offer.

Even so, it was not well received.

On another note, @kaptainmyke, are you getting the HOS 92 slabbed? It'll be interesting to see the final grade.
Post 74 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
Oh! I’m so confused! Thanks for getting us back on track with what this thread is all about...the amazing HOS #92!
Post 75 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@daywalker They're busting his balls for making an offer on another book for the 24 month average.

He pointed out that the more recent sales were trending upwards, but intended it as an opening offer.

On another note, @kaptainmyke, are you getting the HOS 92 slabbed? It'll be interesting to see the final grade.

Yes. I think with a press everyone's grade guess is low, because that spine looks fantastic. But I don't know how to penalize for the foxing. And foxing always looks worse in person than on the pics. (It doesn't look that bad in the pics you added.) So ... you must follow up, after it's pressed and graded! Please?
Post 76 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Some people think that "fair market value" is more like a scheme to lowball a price. Generally, I believe most people who are not in the business of selling agree that the value of a book is what is listed in the Overstreet price guide and not an average of the current eBay/auction selling price.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Oh, now I get it.
Post 78 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I don't understand why some people get so bent over negotiating, especially other people's business.

Negotiating is fun, imo.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:

I don't understand why some people get so bent over negotiating, especially other people's business.

Negotiating is fun, imo.

Technically he never made an offer on the book opening or otherwise, he just said what he would pay based on a 24 month average.

Getting mocked for clown tactics shouldn’t cause people to get so bent IMHO.
Post 80 IP   flag post
598080 95 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?