Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Of course, there are going to people out there who don't like it. And then there are those that do. On Rotten Tomatoes, 75% liked it. For Google users, 92% liked it. IMDB.com gave it 4 1/2 out of 5 stars. So if people want to rag on it, go for it. I don't care. I will be waiting for season 2.
Post 26 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I have a fondness for the classic robot. But I admit this Ultron type is probably more realistic for rugged terrain.

I can not watch Netflix though, so it is a moot point at the moment.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Just ok.
Post 28 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Nice review. I for one did not like the campiness of the original. Also hated it in the 60's Batman series, but that's just me. I always liked the more realistic type shows. Maybe that's why I liked this remake.

Thanks OG! I agree that there will ALWAYS be people on "both sides", that is those who like something and those who don't. The key there is to try not to invalidate someone else's opinion just because it differs from our own. (I am in no way saying you did this, rather i am speaking generally)

I also like gritty, realism in SciFi. In fact, I've liked it ever since I first got in to Mechwarrior back in the 1980s.

Reboots can be tricky. They either have to retell a story in the same way yet do it in a way that it brings something new to the table or tell it a completely different way. Batman in the 80s worked because his "darkness" was so completely different than the 60's series version. It was a far departure from the "pow!" "bam!" "smack!" era that it was hard to compare the 2 versions.

With LIS, it should be the same thing. Either tell the story in the same way with updates (which would include campiness and an over-the-top villain) or go in a different direction like Batman did with the darkness. Since they chose to take a different route, I believe they should have taken it farther in to the seriousness or darkness than they did. Otherwise, it's not far enough away from the original to feel like it did something new with the property. It wasn't far enough away and so I found myself comparing it to the original series.

Don't get me wrong, I did like it. My 6.5/10 (3.25/5 stars) still places it above a completely average score. I especially liked the look of the first couple of Neil Marshall directed episodes. They had a slick, cinematic feel to them that was really good.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
@JLS_Comics Thanks for the review. I watched the first episode and will watch the rest as time permits.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Broker1 private msg quote post Address this user
I’m three in and loving it so far.
Post 31 IP   flag post
@JLS_Comics I'm all for remakes and/or reimaginations as long as they build off the original, doing it justice, and don't move backward. An excellent example is Battlestar Galactica. The remake of this series was stellar IMO. I won't debate the worthiness of the new LIS. I like the direction and look forward to the exploration of the characters and the new unknown worlds which is the second half of what the series is all about. The first half is the family.
Post 32 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I watched the first 2 episodes and I like it so far. The mom is a hottie with a naughty body.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Broker1 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
I watched the first 2 episodes and I like it so far. The mom is a hottie with a naughty body.

About the mom, I might give you the second part...
Post 34 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broker1

About the mom, I might give you the second part...

She's kinda hot. Got that natural, aged, yet very pretty fair face. She's on another show, right? I seen her before
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
The mom is a hottie with a naughty body.

MOLLY PARKER

Post 36 IP   flag post
169586 36 11
destitute