Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
There's a long list of people who never made their lasting mark on history until their 80's.

Some people didn't start acting until they were in their 80s.
Post 26 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Harland Sanders started KFC at age 62. The business failed and a few years later he started it up again.

Amazingly he sold it for two million dollars. But kept the rights to the franchises in Canada for himself, and became a paid spokesman for the U.S. market at the same time.

He did not like what the buyers of the U.S. market did with "his" restaurant. He thought they let the quality go down.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
I didn’t really feel any loss of endurance or strength until I hit 45 and then some cardiovascular problems emerged for me.

I was running 20 miles a week until that happened though!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
I used to run warm like a portable heating device, but I've noticed I'm feeling cold a lot more.
Post 29 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Happy Birthday!!!
I used to think 40 was old, now it's when I was younger!
Post 30 IP   flag post

Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Black panther was good. It's hard for me to go see a movie everyone is saying is the best yet. Expectations are too high in my mind before I even go.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Domogotcomics private msg quote post Address this user
40 isn't even half of your life anymore. As long as you aren't destroying your body get out there and crush the world.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Look at all the history you've seen. Man setting foot on the moon,
Nixon going, JFK shot, first STAR Trek and Star Wars, geek becoming a positive value word, The Avengers from England, Superman & Spider-Man's first team up, all the comic companies that have come & gone [never mind all the characters], youtube, the internet ( really? Isn't that just a movie thing?), home computers, start of self driving cars and so on.

For each bad, a good but for each good, a bad. Future ??
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by det_tobor
Look at all the history you've seen. Man setting foot on the moon,
Nixon going, JFK shot, first STAR Trek and Star Wars, geek becoming a positive value word, The Avengers from England, Superman & Spider-Man's first team up, all the comic companies that have come & gone [never mind all the characters], youtube, the internet ( really? Isn't that just a movie thing?), home computers, start of self driving cars and so on.

For each bad, a good but for each good, a bad. Future ??

I have certainly seen a lot, but it is Apollo 8 and the earth rise images shown on Christmas Eve 1968 that sticks in my mind as one of the most beautiful acheivements of mankind that I was blessed enough to be alive at the time to witness. It was the the first time a manned mission got to see the earth from the moon. As an 8 year old, it was truly amazing to watch.
Here's a news clip from 2013 about it.

Post 34 IP   flag post
Yeah,...that works pretty well.
Post 35 IP   flag post
It's hard to believe that in a period of just 65 years we went from flying for the first time with a self powered machine (1903 Kittyhawk) to flying around the moon and back (1968 Apollo 8). Just incredible.
Post 36 IP   flag post
You can thank the aliens who crashed here in the 40's and 50's, for the technology you enjoy today. Not so much rocket fuel burning. But all the other stuff that came so quickly, seemingly out of nowhere.

The government gave it out piecemeal to various American companies and let them develop the various technology.

Did you really think we went from a bicycle pedal powered plane to a Mars Rover in that short amount of time? And from 3x5 cards to a device you carry around in your pocket that contains the sum total of all knowledge humans have amassed to date?

C'mon.
Post 37 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@conditionfreak what you posted above have been my same thoughts for the past many years. You are the only individual I have met personal/online who has voiced the same.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Just for kicks, I will state how I think about "us".

I do not believe in a God. But of course, that depends on how one defines a God. "Q" from Star Trek could easily be considered a god. I will never disrespect God or Jesus, And I believe Jesus existed, and that he is the most influential person who ever lived. For what that is worth.

I believe that evolution does apply to living things, except for where humans came from. It is silly to think that we evolved from monkeys or apes, for a thousand reasons. But here is one to ponder. How come we evolved to lose most of our body hair, just to need to wear something to keep us warm?

We have not found the "missing link" because there is none. And ancient man (and women if you are PC oriented) were as intelligent as we are. Just not as technically advanced. But they did things we could not do today, without the wheel and power tools. There is ancient knowledge that has been lost before our time, and the original knowledge from wherever we originated from was lost the same way.

Anyway, back to what I believe.

I believe we were put on earth intentionally, or accidently, from some place else. And my gut tells me it was an accident.

It is impossible to believe in God, and not believe in alien life from somewhere other than earth. Because God is not from earth.

The number of planets with suns in the universe is something like this: 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000. It defies everything we know and every scientist on the planet agrees, that it is virtually certain there are millions of planets with life on them. Probably billions. And some would have to be way below us in advancement and some way above us. Law of averages. But of course, we will think we are the most advanced. That is how us humans roll.

The laughing starts right here.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
You can thank the aliens who crashed here in the 40's and 50's, for the technology you enjoy today. Not so much rocket fuel burning. But all the other stuff that came so quickly, seemingly out of nowhere.

Velcro!
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
It defies everything we know and can every scientist on the planet agrees, that it is virtually certain there are millions of planets with life on them. Probably billions. And some would have to be way below us in advancement and some way above us.

I believe in life out there as well, likely within our own solar system on the outer moons, but I've often wondered What If...? we are the first technologically advanced race? Someone has to the the first, right?
I know that's unlikely, and certainly conflicts with your beliefs. And while it might be cool to be first, personally I think it would be a let down. As eccentric as the experts on 'Ancient Aliens' are, some of the things they theorize make me ponder. Especially when it concerns India's legends of sky battles.

Just things I think about when feeling... cosmic.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I was just watching the Star Trek episode from the original series where they accidently pull the US fighter jet pilot on board from the past Earth.Then they go down to Earth and a military guy accidently gets transported onto the USS Enterprise. Now they have to figure out what to do with them. They cannot be sent back because they will know about the future. They end up going back around the sun to jump back in time so they can send the 2 guys back right before they came on board. It makes you think about what is possible. Or what might be possible in the near future.
Post 42 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips that's one of my favorite original ST episodes. It's titled, "Tomorrow is Yesterday".

In reference to the sun, when we send a probe to study (for instance) Saturn, instead of firing the probe in the direction of the planet's orbit, we send it in the opposite direction, let it slingshot around the sun, and it arrives at it's destination sooner.

Physics is awesome!
Post 43 IP   flag post
Michio Kaku, a renowned theoretical physicist, says that whatever you can conceive. Whatever you can create in your wildest fantasy. Will happen, given enough time elapsing.

He specifically stated that nothing can cease to exist. It will be around in some form "forever". And that just because your great great grandfather is long gone and eaten by worms. Some day, given the passage of enough time. someone will be able to read the thoughts of your great great grandfather, thru some kind of technological device. Because even thoughts and memories can not become "nothing". They are there, somewhere.

I like that. Can't imagine it, but I like it.

Question is: who would I "call" first? Jesus? My father? Lincoln? Noah? Cleopatra? Moses? Grandma Helen? Or the uncle that buried a fortune "somewhere"? Or Jacob Waltz who is supposed to know where the Lost Dutchman Mine is located.

Decisions decisions. Hope I get at least three "calls".
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector Marximus private msg quote post Address this user
Einstein: Time is relative, not constant.

Faulkner: Time is the reductio ad absurdum of all human experience.

'Light speed' seems pretty fast to us, but rather slow to a galaxy.

See, it's all about perception, right? The older we get, the flow of time seems to speed up, like it's on some sort of fast forward.

Turning 40? (whatever that means).Forget the past...its only in your mind. The future doesn't exist, only possibilities. Live NOW. That's all we got.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
It defies everything we know and can every scientist on the planet agrees, that it is virtually certain there are millions of planets with life on them. Probably billions. And some would have to be way below us in advancement and some way above us.

I believe in life out there as well, likely within our own solar system on the outer moons, but I've often wondered What If...? we are the first technologically advanced race? Someone has to the the first, right?

Totally agree! On more than one occasion I have witnessed occurrences in the night skies that are unexplainable.

Technologically advanced - whether created or evolved, somebody had to be first. But that doesn't mean they will remain in first place. A lot depends on the intellectual capacity of these beings, the resources their planet has to offer,... and given the notion that maybe a UFO crashed on their planet and they raped it's technology, just as I feel we did. Nothing wrong with that.
Post 46 IP   flag post
What else ya gonna do with it, right?
Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector Marximus private msg quote post Address this user
https://youtu.be/MO_Q_f1WgQI

If you're having a cosmic moment.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Ok, what about this possibility? "GOD" exists, but GOD is an alien that is trillions of years ahead of us. Like we are to an amoeba.
Consider- this (genderless energy) being didn't have us simply as live stock for it, didn't use us as a supply of emotional energy recharges, gave Earth inhabitants the ability to develop, everyone is NOT the same (one model, one product thinking), has a universe where there are actual laws (ie:no air in space on its own), still have a ton of stuff to explore,, learn about & develop and there are things that contradict themselves (ie plants don't think but a venus fly plant is stimulated to a visitor and attacks it).

On the same planet that has large mass life forms, we have light weight versions as well. Hawks and hummingbirds,whales and guppies, elephants and mice, octopus and eels and so on. All by accident on a planet with constant conditions? Amoebas certainly have fun in creating new life forms.

Tech tells us we can recover light and sounds because they continue to exist as waves and travel out from their starting point. Won't be able to get interaction with them but they will be "there" like a recording in a distance. (like tv signals.)

Does this mean humans are the only one of their kind? Different skin colors... but those are a category breakdown, not differences like elephants and dogs and cats. A human is a human...anyone else here?

We have learned of the atom, a wider range of colors than we see (why this?), a wider range of sounds than we can hear (again, why?), chemical interactions of all kind, MIXING organic and non-organic for the same life form and things that we only know about abstractly (like time...travel).

What exists that we still have no ideas about? 40 years old? Strap in, the ride has only left the launch point. We may have a long way to go before the next stop.
Post 49 IP   flag post
601333 49 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?