Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I had no idea there was a movie adaptation, but I need to back up 28 years...

Back in 1990 I went to work on a Saturday to run EOM processing. I knew I was going to be there most of the day alone in the building, so I grabbed my 4 issue LTD series of ROTN (unread) to occupy my time. These were thick square bound comics with art by Gil Kane. Anyway, I remember the story really captivated me.

Fast forward...

I had absolutely no idea there was a movie adaptation until YouTube threw in my face this morning. So I clicked, watched about 20 minutes, paused it, heated up some leftover pizza, and became engrossed.

Anybody who hasn't seen this movie, and you have 3 hours to spare (or waste), I highly recommend it. Sword and scorcery, action, adventure, love, tradegy.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Etkt private msg quote post Address this user
Haven't seen the movie, however, as the philosopher Bertrand Russell once said: any time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Magellan private msg quote post Address this user
Hopefully you were listening to some Wagner while you were reading those stories. ; )
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magellan
Hopefully you were listening to some Wagner while you were reading those stories. ; )

Nope, the only noise was 9 mainframes whirring in the background.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the tip ol' buddy. You had me at Gil Kane. I just purchased the 4 books for $7.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Thanks for the tip ol' buddy. You had me at Gil Kane. I just purchased the 4 books for $7.

Cheers, Brother! Hope you enjoy it.

Watch the movie!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
I bought those ROTN comics back when they came out. They're in a long box somewhere. Didn't realize they ever adapted the opera into a movie.

For anyone not familiar with ROTN, you probably know some of the music. Most famous is "Ride of the Valkyries", which was used in a scene in Apocalypse Now.

But if you are like me, you know it and other music from Wagner's ROTN from the classic Bugs Bunny cartoon, "What's Opera Doc". I couldn't find the whole episode on YouTube, but here are a few clips. Enjoy!

Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector rtdcomics private msg quote post Address this user
Got some of the artwork from Ring Of Nibelung ending in auction tonight.

https://auction.catawiki.com/kavels/16285773

Post 8 IP   flag post
600782 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?