Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Anyone pretty good with Comic Link Auctions5546

Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
I've never tried the actual auctions..only BIN options.

Is there anything I should know with auctions:

1) Does everyone wait until last second because it started last night and there are some very very big numbers out already with 20 days to go

2) Is there a buyer's fee outside the 3% credit card fee that I don't see mentioned anywhere

3) Is there any shot in hell of getting a book insured en route since it appears Comic Link does not cover any damage or loss during shipping..or am i mis-reading that.

Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I like Comic Connect but a friend of mine buys from Comic Link all the time.

I usually don't take the prices seriously until there are less than 48 hours left on an auction item.

The only buyer fee for Comic Link is on the credit cards but I would call them to ask about the insurance before bidding if you are concerned about it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
I have won quite a few books from comic link. They are located in Maine and I get my books within 2-3 days of their email confirmation stating it's been shipped. I have never had an issue with a damaged book. They are not bashful about packing peanuts.

In regards to the pricing. This is a small auction compared to ones in the past. Also with the Venom trailer I have noticed ASM 300 pricing being fairly high this early into the auction. The last day is when the action usually picks up.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
I have never had any problems with shipments. I believe they use FedEx for deliveries. I have found if I pay right away after the auctions end on the books I want, I usually get my order within a week, but if I wait, probably because of the volume of other payments/orders, it may take 2 or 3 weeks or maybe even longer to get your order after you've paid. If you pay by check to avoid the 3% credit card surcharge, it will take a while to get your order.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks guys...those are the answers I was looking for.

Enjoy your weekend !!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Watcher - I don’t know if this has changed since the last time I won anything from them, but the shipping charge was $20 for 1 to 10 comics. So if you win one item, you might as well win a few more.
Post 6 IP   flag post
lol..Thanks @esaravo...but judging by opening bids Ill be lucky to win an empty slab with a crack in it for my price range
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Selling through them. This time hope to buy as well!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
I once received a book from them with a case that had a minor side-edge crack. I emailed them, and they quickly responded with fantastic customer service. They paid for return shipping, reslabbing fees, and sent the book back to me when they received it from CGC.

Post 9 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Let me know when the 20 days are almost over.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
lol..Thanks @esaravo...but judging by opening bids Ill be lucky to win an empty slab with a crack in it for my price range

The auction taking place has such a small lot and everything is being bid aggressively. There are deals to be had. In the past I won an X-Factor #5 9.8 CBCS along with an X-Men 109 9.2 CGC. Without logging into my account I know I paid around $40 and $60 respectively.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@despain - very cool to know. Thanks
@hcanes - also very cool to know...I guess I'll wait and see if I can get one of those Af15's cheap
Post 12 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despain
I once received a book from them with a case that had a minor side-edge crack. I emailed them, and they quickly responded with fantastic customer service. They paid for return shipping, reslabbing fees, and sent the book back to me when they received it from CGC.

They did something similar for me on an auction I'd won, but they noticed the slab was cracked before shipping it to me. They notified me of this and the delay that would be involved to re-slab the book, but took care of it on their dime and sent it to me. Probably added about a month to receive the book, but I appreciated their taking ownership of the situation and working to fix it before they sent the book out.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
@Foghorn_Sam Yeah. They're a top notch auction house. I appreciate their customer service. 🍺
Post 14 IP   flag post
598062 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?