Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkArt Sketch Covers

George Perez made my Father's Day Weekend553

Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
I had the opportunity to drive to St. Louis this morning and attend The St. Louis Comic Convention. I went to meet the modern day master George Perez.

After driving 2 1/2+ hours to get there, I went inside and got in line to meet Mr. Perez, have a book signed, and get a sketch done on a blank variant Teen Titan's cover. I waited my turn and went up to meet him. Everything you read about him is right on the money with my experience. He was gracious, extremely nice, and funny. He connected with those in line, listened to their comments and answered tons of questions. He just seemed to go out of his way to make sure you remembered him as a great human being. What a wonderful man!

When my turn came he asked me what I wanted drawn. I asked if he would draw The Vigilante holding a weapon? He let me know he hadn't draw him in years. Nobody asks for him. He was excited to do a character that few ever asked for. This is what he drew for me (please excuse the bad pic):

BTW, he doesn't charge for autographs. He asks for a donation to charity and his sketches are $40.00. $ 40.00! Cheap!!!!!!!! The sketches are paid to him not the charity.

Thank you Mr. Perez for making my weekend, and my month!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Some artists are just that down to earth people. What was the charity?
Post 2 IP   flag post
I want to write CBLDF but I could be way wrong too. I can't recall.
Post 3 IP   flag post
CBCS Daniel_E private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
I want to write CBLDF but I could be way wrong too. I can't recall.

That is a really great and the sketch turned out awesome.
I want to say that he usually ask for donation to the Heroes Initiative.
Post 4 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
George is taking donations for Heroes Initiative. I've never seen him act any differently. He's just a delightful man.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Treco private msg quote post Address this user
That is awesome. I've never met him, but have read nothing but nice things about him over many years. Congrats!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Moderator The_Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
For those that may not be familiar with the Hero Initiative and the work they do

http://www.heroinitiative.org/spage.asp?p=69
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thanks for saying what organization he was taking donations for at the event. I just couldn't remember.
Post 8 IP   flag post
BTW, he did state that he thought it was funny that I should ask him to draw the Vigilante. He said he was contacted and is currently drawing him as a promo piece for a certain TV show he will be appearing on in the future.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I totally agree. I had him sign an Avengers 196 with the 1st full Taskmaster and he did a sketch of Iron Man for me back in 2013 at Motorcity CC. The sketch is one of my favorites that i have. He was super cool with everyone in line. The $40 for the sketch was really reasonible. I which i had brought some of my New Teen Titan books for him to sign too.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector samediarchon private msg quote post Address this user
I was in St. Louis, too! He sketched Warlock wearing the Infinity Gauntlet in my IG omnibus.

I also had CBCS witness him sign my Avengers 144 so I could get it slabbed. My first interaction with them, and they were great! Looking forward to getting that comic back (along with a couple others I submitted).

From what I've read, The Vigilante is going to be in this year's season of Arrow. Get your New Teen Titans Annual 2 slabbed now!!
Post 11 IP   flag post
597966 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?