Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

AMS 797 Red Goblin variant5526

Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
this
asm 797 238 homage Goblin variant goes on sale Friday 2PM EST - comic mint, Sad Lemon

600 copies only.

Be fast - will probably sell out in a few minutes

Big question is whether 795, 796 or 797 will count as the first appearance.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder if they're going to make all their green character red now.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
What about the classic grey versions??
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
yep - and after that white, black, yellow, orange, blue.....
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
It'd be cool if they also offer the metal #6 mattina variant the same day and sav some shipping costs. Waiting for that to be announced. So far only Frankie's seems to have to have made any announcement.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
It'd be cool if they also offer the metal #6 mattina variant the same day and sav some shipping costs. Waiting for that to be announced. So far only Frankie's seems to have to have made any announcement.

You need to buy them as soon as they get released. After purchase just contact them asking them to refund excess shipping. In the past shops such as comic mint and sad lemon have done so (but only if you ask)

Would assume Frankie’s would do the same although don’t think Frankie’s will sale this one
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:

You need to buy them as soon as they get released. After purchase just contact them asking them to refund excess shipping. In the past shops such as comic mint and sad lemon have done so (but only if you ask)

Would assume Frankie’s would do the same

Actually the mint is offering it on Saturday at 2pm...I guess they are spacing see out by 24 hrs as to not crash their system?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Could be
Post 8 IP   flag post
Honestly, I'm not crazy about the cover for $40. To pay $40 for a new comic, even a rare one, I'd better be in love with the cover.

I like the Alex Ross cover much better than this and will stick with chasing that down (unless there's another exclusive variant that comes out).
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

lol A green and purple Spidey would look pretty funky.

Post 10 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I'm getting mine from my subscription box but when I asked for more copies they said sorry sold out
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
I'm getting mine from my subscription box but when I asked for more copies they said sorry sold out

which one - regular cover?
Post 12 IP   flag post

I'm putting my $$ in his cover (comicxposure)...not as limited, but I'd rather have a cover I like, not to mention its half the price of the 797 ho,age..and if 796 ends up being the first app then Bonus!
Post 13 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Don't let Romita Sr. see this! LOL
Post 14 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio Now THAT is a wicked cover!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Don't let Romita Sr. see this! LOL

Spider hulk...I think they already did that mashup....it didn't take.
Post 16 IP   flag post
also check the regular cover for ASM 799!
Post 17 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah regular cover
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Well.. I never saw this one go for anything close to $40. Decided to go with the comic xposure connecting variants.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Already going for $150+ raw on eBay. Don't even know if it's going to be the big reveal yet...I hope the red goblin shows up in 796...sort of like how gwenom showed up an issue early to many's surprise.

I'd rather have a high grade of ASM 238 for $200.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah regular cover

Still plenty out there. 796 is the one which is difficult as it would seem that is the issue most people are betting on will be 1 appearance.

My understanding is that 795 will be first appearance (cameo?), 796 will be second appearance (either first full or 2nd cameo) and 797 will be either first full appearance or nothing.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Already going for $150+ raw on eBay. Don't even know if it's going to be the big reveal yet...I hope the red goblin shows up in 796...sort of like how gwenom showed up an issue early to many's surprise.

yeah.. I know it's rare at 1 in 600 but its just not a cover I really like to be honest.. One of the other variant covers at this price and scarcity I probably would have jumped on...

It's still being beaten by the 1:500 cover swipe that's posted.. Im not sure if I was going crazy but I'm sure I saw there was a sketch variant briefly of the green goblin swipe that was over $1k
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
Quote:

yeah.. I know it's rare at 1 in 600 but its just not a cover I really like to be honest.. One of the other variant covers at this price and scarcity I probably would have jumped on...

It's still being beaten by the 1:500 cover swipe that's posted.. Im not sure if I was going crazy but I'm sure I saw there was a sketch variant briefly of the green goblin swipe that was over $1k

I'm with ya. Go with the comicxposure 796...trusting my gut on this one. I probably should call them up to order a second copy.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
Quote:

I'm with ya. Go with the comicxposure 796...trusting my gut on this one. I probably should call them up to order a second copy.
yep I've pre ordered the 796-800 set of those, if anything could look pretty cool on the wall.. The first two revealed covers are great
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I ordered the 796 from Comicxposure after you posted it. I really like Crain’s cover on this and Weapon H #1.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidM
Quote:

I ordered the 796 from Comicxposure after you posted it. I really like Crain’s cover on this and Weapon H #1.

I see the price has increased to $29.99 now (was $24.99 a few days ago). Must be getting low on copies. Did you use the "NEW" discount code when checking out to save 15%? Covers most of the shipping costs.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector PeteN private msg quote post Address this user
I liked that cover to Drogio...thinking about buying the virgin, except only saw it available as a set...if you could just by the 796 virgin I would take a few in a hearbeat.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteN
I liked that cover to Drogio...thinking about buying the virgin, except only saw it available as a set...if you could just by the 796 virgin I would take a few in a hearbeat.
they do have the single copy on the comic xposure site.. At least they did when I checked yesterday. Copies on ebay also but higher prices on ebay.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector PeteN private msg quote post Address this user
oh i see it now! thanks wraith...gotta pick a couple up.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Anyone picking up the remastered for 799.9? Or remastered b+w for 1299.99??
Insane prices for preorder and not even confirmed 1st appearance... ( though I think it must be with all the rare covers for that issue). Though the Cain 796 wins first red goblin cover appearance at the moment I believe.

Combination of classic spidey villain with the most notorious modern villain is genius though. Can't wait to read it. Can see why it's so popular in preorder
Post 30 IP   flag post
600782 68 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?