Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Comicnewbie private msg quote post Address this user
Could somebody give me a list of the DNM variants that are the rarer and more desirable ones. If anyone has the list including 4-5-6 also that would be appreciated. Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
DNM 4 - nothing special
DNM 5 - should go with the Dell’Otto virgin
DNM 6 - should go with the Mattina virgin
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
DNM 4 - nothing special

Come on, poka, we can do better than that!

It's a tall order, but I'm a numbers/stats guy and the challenge intrigues me. I'll see what I can do, but it will be later this evening befor I can get to it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Comicnewbie private msg quote post Address this user
Is there anything in the 1-2-3 group that is intriguing? How about the DNM 6 Horn Harley Quinn who laughs variant A-B-C-D grouping?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicnewbie
Is there anything in the 1-2-3 group that is intriguing? How about the DNM 6 Horn Harley Quinn who laughs variant A-B-C-D grouping?

DNM 3 Mattina virgin is the winner but it is expensive. Last time I checked it was going for $300
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
DNM 4 - nothing special

Come on, poka, we can do better than that!

It's a tall order, but I'm a numbers/stats guy and the challenge intrigues me. I'll see what I can do, but it will be later this evening befor I can get to it.

Let’s see what you come up with
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

That is one ugly ass cover IMHO, all of them! Mattina's is great!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Here is the list I was able to gather on short notice. I only included first prints unless they are a new/unique cover (i.e., issue #2 Mattina cover). I did not differentiate exclusive signed covers from their regular unsigned covers.

Comic Mint and Bulletproof are very good about identifying their print runs on these, but I don't know the others.

I highlighted the issues I thought were the best for each issue (i.e., most likely to increase in value). You'll notice Mattina is the choice in 5 of the 6. That's because his art is fantastic AND the print runs are low on his exclusives.

The only exception was Issue #5 which I just have to give the nod to the Dell 'Otto's Reverse Flash(Yellow Death) cover over Mattina's TBWL's bursting out of Val Kilmer's (or does he look more like Michael Keaton) brain. Just doesn't do it for me.

It's very possible I missed some variants...if anyone knows of any post 'em here or send me a PM and I'll update the list.

Hope this helps! I'm exhausted!

Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
Quote:

It is bad. Although I wouldn't mind owning this special one-of-a-kind cover...
Post 9 IP   flag post
There's likely to be a Dell 'Otto convention exclusive for issue #6 as well, seeing as how Bulletproof has had one for issues 1-5. Just hasn't been announced yet to my knowledge.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Drogio so we ended up agreeing
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Drogio so we ended up agreeing

Oh yes. I think it's no contest. I do think Dell 'Otto issue #4 is a close second...but Mattina's is a lower print run so I gave it the edge (I bought both covers).
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

DNM 3 Mattina virgin is the winner but it is expensive. Last time I checked it was going for $300

I also agree DNM #3 (Mattina Virgin) is THE comic to have in 9.8 in this series...although DNM #1 (Ultimate) only has a print run of 250, signed and individually numbered. And one could argue the "joker" on the cover is actually TBWL without his helmet...so perhaps his first appearance?

When are people going to jump on that little nugget?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
Quote:

It is bad. Although I wouldn't mind owning this special one-of-a-kind cover...

For that kind of money I'd rather buy a silver age key!

For issue 5 I think that list is missing Planet Comic Con variants, 4 of them.
Post 14 IP   flag post
600857 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?