Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Cincinnati Comic Expo 20185519

Collector Hexigore private msg quote post Address this user
I was looking at the vendor list for the Cincinnati Comic Expo and saw that CGC is on the list. Does this mean CBCS will not be attending? Do they have a "non-competing" clause or something that prevents them from both being at the same convention? Or will CBCS maybe have an off-site presence? I didn't see the Cincinnati expo listed in the "news & events" section, but it only goes through April for con appearances and the Ciny expo is in September. I was actually looking forward to submitting again through CBCS's booth. Any info is appreciated.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Lewdog private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexigore
I was looking at the vendor list for the Cincinnati Comic Expo and saw that CGC is on the list. Does this mean CBCS will not be attending? Do they have a "non-competing" clause or something that prevents them from both being at the same convention? Or will CBCS maybe have an off-site presence? I didn't see the Cincinnati expo listed in the "news & events" section, but it only goes through April for con appearances and the Ciny expo is in September. I was actually looking forward to submitting again through CBCS's booth. Any info is appreciated.

How close do you live to Lexington? CBCS is going to be there for the Lexington Comicon March 10th-12th.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Why can't Cincinnati get some guests like that? They do okay in terms of some of their guests, but it would be great if they could get some of the comic legends of Steranko's caliber.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Lewdog private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexigore
Why can't Cincinnati get some guests like that? They do okay in terms of some of their guests, but it would be great if they could get some of the comic legends of Steranko's caliber.

Not sure but I know it is going to bust my wallet. I got WWE #13 "List of Jericho" variant cover I am going to get CBCS authenticated signatures from all the wrestlers including Ric Flair which is like $100 for him alone. Then I got a Chuck Norris #1 book I am going to get signed by him. I have a Dark Knights Metal #1 I am going to get Capullo... then I tentatively have a Detective Comics #49 Neal Adams Homage Variant cover I am going to get him to sign. I'm not even planning on getting Steranko.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector MarcJ private msg quote post Address this user
I would say that in the last two years, the Cincinnati show has gotten better. Last year had Cappullo, Synder, and Layton for example. The year before had Stan Lee. Its just too early right now to see who will be there this year since its all the way in September.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Yah, I am going to Lexington Comic Con. It’s a great con and fun little city. Going to get Flair’s sig as well, stoked.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I agree that Cincy does well with guests. I would just like to see more non-contemporary guests in the lineup. Guests such as Steranko or Williamson or Perez would be nice.
Layton was pretty cool to meet last year.
Post 7 IP   flag post
600869 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?