The ability to edit your thread has been extended to 24 hours
Post 152 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Well, that's something.
Post 153 IP   flag post
Collector VintageComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dormian
The functionality I miss the most in comparing this forum to CGC's is the ability to navigate to the most recent post, by just clicking the post title, without having to do a lot of scrolling. Is this a setting we can change or am I missing something?

There is a lot that prevents the forum from being very useful right now.

The functionality of the forum is ultimately going to determine the traffic that this forum experiences.
Post 154 IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
@VintageComics Very true

Let's keep in mind, this really isn't a standard forum, its more of a bulletin board.

At the moment. Perhaps the dev will consider switching to vbulletin or a BB style. I am sure PHP will not be compatible with the rest of the site format, but vbulletin should
Post 155 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I feel like my credentials have been short changed. My "join date" is 4-26-16, like just about everyone else. But in fact, I joined this site way before that.

I want my bona fides corrected. I know what is going to happen eventually. Ten years from now, there will be a thread whereupon so and so will state "I posted the first post on this forum", or "I sold the first book on this forum", or the infamous "I was a founding father of this forum".

I want my bragging rights. Respect my authoritie!

J/K
Post 156 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
This board is more like the old scrolling board on eBay...
Post 157 IP   flag post
Collector Stelbert_Stylton private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalPSI
@VintageComics Very true

Let's keep in mind, this really isn't a standard forum, its more of a bulletin board.

At the moment. Perhaps the dev will consider switching to vbulletin or a BB style. I am sure PHP will not be compatible with the rest of the site format, but vbulletin should

They should switch to this type of board:

LINK
Post 158 IP   flag post
Collector Stelbert_Stylton private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
This board is more like the old scrolling board on eBay...

Were you on the Ebay Live Chat board back in the late 90s?
Post 159 IP   flag post
Collector Kav private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelbert_Stylton
Quote:
@VintageComics Very true

LINK

agree
Post 160 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I've noticed that the emoticons or smileys that move (gifs) tend to be the ones that more often than not get compressed into smaller images when you link them to the forum.
Post 161 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
seems like only using the center of my monitor is a waste of space almost seems like this forum is formatted for phones and tablets
Post 162 IP   flag post
Why is the forum only using my center part of the monitor is there a way to change this in a settings somewhere almost looks like the forum is setup for smart phones and tablets
Post 163 IP   flag post
sorry about spamming myself didn't see the post post because i typed the text on the first page and it gave me a page full message
Post 164 IP   flag post
Moderator The_Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle
Why is the forum only using my center part of the monitor is there a way to change this in a settings somewhere almost looks like the forum is setup for smart phones and tablets

Posted by SteveRicketts in another thread asking basically the same thing:

"Looking at the statistics on the boards, I can tell you that half of the people who access them are using a tablet or mobile device. This number will continue to increase.

Our board format is much more friendly for those types of devices. I never thought I'd browse this board on my phone. It has been my experience that other message boards are extremely frustrating to use on it. This forum is quite easy to use on a phone, with it losing almost no functionality."
Post 165 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelbert_Stylton
Quote:
@VintageComics Very true

LINK

Just saw this

Post 166 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
I tried [ s] [/s] and found it "slashes" text, but [spoiler] [/spoiler] doesn't work.

I can always just remove large clusters of images when I quote someone (to help reduce page clutter), but I like the spoiler feature for the benefit of viewers who may not have seen the original quoted post.

So I guess I'm asking if we (or can we) have a spoiler function?
Post 167 IP   flag post
598009 167 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?