Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedQuestions

My Order Is Going to the Wrong Address5484

Collector jaked6698 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Two posts on the forum surely translates to many more that have happened not reported here.

This possibility never occurred to me. 3 times in about a month is a shocking number alone.

It has to have happened more than three times. I’m a broken record here but I just can’t see how the address is correct on one email notification and the package STILL gets sent to the wrong address.
Post 26 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Simple really.

Humans make mistakes, and some humans make a lot of mistakes. I have had several CGC labels with the wrong issue number, etc. And the issue was a famous #1 with the number on the cover. Yet the label stated #2.

I am sure that the shippers for CBCS and CGC do not make real good money. You get what you pay for with laborers. Average people with average attention to detail.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Simple really.

Humans make mistakes, and some humans make a lot of mistakes. I have had several CGC labels with the wrong issue number, etc. And the issue was a famous #1 with the number on the cover. Yet the label stated #2.

I am sure that the shippers for CBCS and CGC do not make real good money. You get what you pay for with laborers. Average people with average attention to detail.

I get that, but three different times (that we are aware of) to the same wrong city? That’s beyond a lack of attention to detail.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Yea, but maybe we don't know about the other cities. And if I had to guess, I would guess there is a place in Vegas that does a lot of business with CBCS and because they get a lot of packages, mistakes are going to happen with them involved more than say, with me.

Don't get me wrong. I think what happened to you and others is very wrong and in your case, with the email and all. Is doubly not understandable.

But mistakes do happen with any business. And the business should do what it takes to make this right. Even if you get your books and everything is okay. They should give you some kind of restitution, such as credit on next order or free submission coupons for the future.

It is part of doing business, to make things right when it is your fault (the business's fault).
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
@jaked6698 What happened?
Post 30 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
@jaked6698 What happened?

@Drogio Thanks for checking. I called customer service on Monday and spoke to a gentleman named Daniel. He stated that he would have to check with shipping to see if the package could get rerouted. I asked him if there was anything CBCS could offer as a make good. He stated that he would have to check with management. Mr. Daniel stated that he would get back to me.

Fast forward three hours, and I have not heard anything. I decide to call again considering it doesn't sound that hard to get a package rerouted. I spoke to Jake (Fleming, I assume) and he stated that the package had indeed been rerouted; however, I do not have any evidence to prove this. I'm note sure if there is evidence to be had; however, as of five minutes ago FedEx still states that the package will be delivered to Las Vegas and there are no indications of rerouting. Again, I am not sure this is something that would appear on the FedEx Tracking site.

At this point, I just want my books. You know, it would be nice if they offered a make good, but I am just super concerned about Maximum Comics in Las Vegas getting my books and me never seeing them again. Throughout this entire process, do you know what has not happened once through private messages or phone calls? An apology.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by det_tobor
One bit of ok news....Steve said everything is fully insured.
https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/5191/page/3/shipped-to-the-wrong-person/
Post 52
Means, worse case - they have been graded and looking at Auction houses, you can say what they are worth IF they have to be replaced.

It would be HELPFUL for CBCS to have an ANSWERING SERVICE to take messages and give some acknowledgement to a customer in need. They could have one person to be called past closing time for problems like a lot of places do.

Actually, if they had someone manning the phones overnight outside of normal business hours, this really would not accomplish anything. I say that because virtually nothing can be accomplished outside of normal business hours, because the time frame is simply outside of normal business hours.

Not only that, as Ricketts explained in post #17 in this thread, a package cannot be whisked away out of delivery after it has been rerouted.

Here are the logistics involved, as I understand them:

A FedEx truck likely has a couple hundred or so packages on it after being loaded up at the start of a Fed Ex's drivers shift. It is not as if a Fed Ex driver can get a text or call from his manager , telling him to pull the incorrectly labeled package aside...and than the driver prints out a new label in his truck and puts all of his other scheduled deliveries on hold to drop off the one incorrectly labeled package to the nearest Fed Ex distribution center.

Instead, it is pulled out and physically rerouted when it reaches it's distribution hub in its'destination city. In this case this would ostensibly be the regional FedEx distribution center in Nevada.

That said, employing someone overnight at CBCS to handle what is a rare occurence such as a incorrectly labeled package makes no practical sense whatsoever. There is nothing said individual could do other than repeat what Ricketts said in this thread, verbatim.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
I believe that there is a glitch in the CBCS computer system. I had an issue last summer with two separate packages getting shipped to my old address.

Between the time I had made two different submissions and when they were being shipped to me, I had moved. I called Customer Service and spoke with someone there, informing them of the situation. This was well before the books were to be shipped. They did change my address. I checked on the website by clicking on my order number and it had my new updated address.

Unfortunately, (and still not sure how or why), when they shipped, they were sent to my old address.

Since I knew who would receive it at my old address, and knew there wouldn't be any issues, I didn't bother with calling CBCS or making a big deal about it. I was able to get both packages without issue.

But my point is that there is some issue in their system. Not sure what.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar

i belive it called humans not following what there supposed to be doing or not paying attention to there job.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion
Quote:

i belive it called humans not following what there supposed to be doing or not paying attention to there job.

Maybe this is just semantics on my part, but I don't think it's just "human error" or "not paying attention". In my case, I know that CS did change my address when I requested it. I saw it on my dashboard when clicking on my order. But still somehow, the order was shipped to the old address. So that tells me that the address is input in their system in more than one place. And changing it in one place, doesn't change it another place. The person inputting the address change probably doesn't know that this is even an issue.

So that is why I call it a glitch, rather than human error.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion
Quote:

Maybe this is just semantics on my part, but I don't think it's just "human error" or "not paying attention". In my case, I know that CS did change my address when I requested it. I saw it on my dashboard when clicking on my order. But still somehow, the order was shipped to the old address. So that tells me that the address is input in their system in more than one place. And changing it in one place, doesn't change it another place. The person inputting the address change probably doesn't know that this is even an issue.

So that is why I call it a glitch, rather than human error.

This does indeed sound like a glitch; however, sending a package to an address that one has never been associated with seems like an entirely different issue.
Post 36 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I'm sure you'll get your book brah, good things come to those who wait
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

#soon
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:
Post 52
Means, worse case - they have been graded and looking at Auction houses, you can say what they are worth IF they have to be replaced.

It would be HELPFUL for CBCS to have an ANSWERING SERVICE to take messages and give some acknowledgement to a customer in need. They could have one person to be called past closing time for problems like a lot of places do.

Actually, if they had someone manning the phones overnight outside of normal business hours, this really would not accomplish anything. I say that because virtually nothing can be accomplished outside of normal business hours, because the time frame is simply outside of normal business hours.

Not only that, as Ricketts explained in post #17 in this thread, a package cannot be whisked away out of delivery after it has been rerouted.

A FedEx truck likely has a couple hundred or so packages on it after being loaded up at the start of a Fed Ex's drivers shift. It is not as if a Fed Ex driver can get a text or call from his manager , telling him to pull the incorrectly labeled package aside...and than the driver prints out a new label in his truck and puts all of his other scheduled deliveries on hold to drop off the one incorrectly labeled package to the nearest Fed Ex distribution center.

Instead, it is pulled out and physically rerouted when it reaches it's distribution hub in its'destination city. In this case this would ostensibly be the regional FedEx distribution center in Nevada.

That said, employing someone overnight at CBCS to handle what is a rare occurence such as a incorrectly labeled package makes no practical sense whatsoever. There is nothing said individual could do other than repeat what Ricketts said in this thread, verbatim.

Or...as a matter of good business practice, having an ANSWERING service that can take the info from a very distraught customer and be able to tell them that the info will go to the needed department on the next work day morning would help.

It helps the customer to know they have been heard, that the policy in place to handle problems like this is working and that someone can call them back and say a correction has been made. "It may not show in the computer for two days, but the process is in motion."

Those words can do a whole lot for a customer that is disgruntled, scared or any of a number of other feelings a person has when they think they are trying to fix a problem, they are alone and no one gives a damn from the company that made the mistake.

Remember how YOU feel when you have to go thru trying to fix a problem at ANY company and you get no help when you start.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Ha Ha All my adult life I have hated weekends and holidays. Because most people are not working and most businesses are not operating.

Of course, I always had jobs that worked holidays and weekends.

I do understand that most of the country can't wait until the next weekend or holiday. But I always have had a dislike for them. My job, my work, WAS my life. Almost NOTHING came before my job. I was happiest when I was working.

But that's just me. I know I am one in a million.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaked6698
I decide to call again considering it doesn't sound that hard to get a package rerouted. I spoke to Jake (Fleming, I assume) and he stated that the package had indeed been rerouted; however, I do not have any evidence to prove this. I'm note sure if there is evidence to be had; however, as of five minutes ago FedEx still states that the package will be delivered to Las Vegas and there are no indications of rerouting. Again, I am not sure this is something that would appear on the FedEx Tracking site.

Maybe call Fed Ex and ask them if there is a way to check if it was rerouted.

Quote:
At this point, I just want my books. You know, it would be nice if they offered a make good, but I am just super concerned about Maximum Comics in Las Vegas getting my books and me never seeing them again. Throughout this entire process, do you know what has not happened once through private messages or phone calls? An apology.

Bingo.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Or, at the very least, a computer hot line. Info needed.

Please leave your name, customer id, phone number or email to use to contact you.
Please state the situation you are calling about.
Please state how many books may be affected.
After researching your situation, someone will be in contact with you after the start of the next work day.
Thank you for your business and we are working to continue to earn it.

WOULD SOMETHING LIKE THIS BE THAT HARD TO HAVE for a business hot line??
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
I decide to call again considering it doesn't sound that hard to get a package rerouted. I spoke to Jake (Fleming, I assume) and he stated that the package had indeed been rerouted; however, I do not have any evidence to prove this. I'm note sure if there is evidence to be had; however, as of five minutes ago FedEx still states that the package will be delivered to Las Vegas and there are no indications of rerouting. Again, I am not sure this is something that would appear on the FedEx Tracking site.

Maybe call Fed Ex and ask them if there is a way to check if it was rerouted.

Quote:

Bingo.

@MR_SigS Good point. I will give FedEx a shout. Thanks.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

@jaked6698 do you know what the grades are yet? the longer you wait to see them, the more they "bake" and higher the grade you will get!Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
Quote:

#soon

The CBCS motto...

Quote:
Ha Ha All my adult life I have hated weekends and holidays. Because most people are not working and most businesses are not operating.

I do understand that most of the country can't wait until the next weekend or holiday. But I always have had a dislike for them. My job, my work, WAS my life. Almost NOTHING came before my job. I was happiest when I was working.

Try one-in-a-billion...
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Post 52

Or...as a matter of good business practice, having an ANSWERING service that can take the info from a very distraught customer and be able to tell them that the info will go to the needed department on the next work day morning would help.

It helps the customer to know they have been heard, that the policy in place to handle problems like this is working and that someone can call them back and say a correction has been made. "It may not show in the computer for two days, but the process is in motion."

Those words can do a whole lot for a customer that is disgruntled, scared or any of a number of other feelings a person has when they think they are trying to fix a problem, they are alone and no one gives a damn from the company that made the mistake.

Remember how YOU feel when you have to go thru trying to fix a problem at ANY company and you get no help when you start.

I hear ya, but....lay down the pitchfork, brother.

CBCS does have an answering machine, just like any other business.

What you are proposing is some sort of interactive software , from the sound of it.

That would annoy customers and make the whole thing more complicated and confusing for all parties involved.

Back to your other idea of hiring someone to work an overnight shift & a weekend shift:

You would have to hire 2 to 3 new customer service reps to handle 7 overnight shifts and four 8 hour shifts on Saturday, Sundays. Than you have holidays to cover.

So for most of the time, you would have 2-3 more new hires, who would have to rotate six 8 hour shifts on Saturday and Sunday.

They would also have to hire at least 2 security guards to work these rotating shifts, given the increased chance for armed robbery during evening thru early morning hours.This also introduces the possibility of physical assault and/or death of night shift employees, which comes with other costs besides the obvious risk of life.

So yeah, putting all of that aside, there is extra costs involved past just keeping the lights on at night.

This would cost quite a lot, just for the bare minimum of paid employee hours. Call that $200,000.00 per year. Easy.

I would have to imagine that CBCS's insurance rates would also increase, given the increased likelihood of attempted robbery. And with that increased monthly expense comes a life insurance premium on each employee.

That would be another huge wad of dough, which has to come from somewhere.

Again, there is nothing they could for a customer in this situation, outside of normal business hours.... other than reassure said customer that they will route the issue to the shipping department, on Monday morning.

Ricketts does a more effective job of that by posting on this forum....than some dude sitting in CBCS' s offices overnight would, eating a bag of Cheeto-O's and figuratively wanking off, during 99.99% of the time that he is on the clock.

Regarding the OP's point of a lack of an apology from anyone at CBCS thus far, I think there is a good reason or two for that

First would be legality issues; CBCS would be absorbing blame just by doing so. This could open up a nasty can of worms. Not likely. But a business has to consider the worst possible scenario in any situation occuring and be prepared to deal with it.

Another big issue with apologizing would likely be that doing so would make CBCS appear to be ineffectual and generally incompetent.

They are none of these things.

Of course Ricketts and everyone else at CBCS have empathy for their customers, in such a situation.

That does not change anything, though.

I would have to imagine that CBCS will give the customer a coupon or two for grading a book or two at no charge, after a situation like this gets resolved.

In addition to solving the problem when it arises, as soon as is humanly possible, that is a big part in maintaining working relationships with customers. I am sure that is very important to CBCS.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
@CopperAgeKids
There are companies who operate customer service phone lines, all you have to do is hire them to transfer your phone number to theirs after business hours. The company could be in another state, or another country.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer
@CopperAgeKids
There are companies who operate customer service phone lines, all you have to do is hire them to transfer your phone number to theirs after business hours. The company could be in another state, or another country.

And we all know how call centres are exemplars of excellence when it come to customer satisfaction.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:

@jaked6698 do you know what the grades are yet? the longer you wait to see them, the more they "bake" and higher the grade you will get!Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
Quote:

#soon

The CBCS motto...

Quote:

Try one-in-a-billion...

Ha Ha That was my first inclination. But I didn't want to sound conceited.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshade
Quote:
@CopperAgeKids

And we all know how call centres are exemplars of excellence when it comes to customer satisfaction.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshade
Quote:
@CopperAgeKids

And we all know how call centres are exemplars of excellence when it come to customer satisfaction.

A lot of doctors use after hour answering services. They can be different than call centers. They can be practical and helpful..and a lot less than $200,000 a year.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Mistakes will be made but it is how you address them that makes you different. Right now CBCS doesn't APPEAR to be doing that. If you spend even as little time on these boards as I do you can see their customer service has been rapidly traveling downhill, their service time along with it. Yes there have been claims that they are addressing it but every time I am here the problems persist and new ones have popped up. Not exactly the recipe for success.

It pretty simple either make headway or expect more and more support to be lost. I know I certainly cannot defend a company that doesn't appear to be able to handle their success. I want to but I just can't.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Quote:

Regarding the OP's point of a lack of an apology from anyone at CBCS thus far, I think there is a good reason or two for that

First would be legality issues; CBCS would be absorbing blame just by doing so. This could open up a nasty can of worms. Not likely. But a business has to consider the worst possible scenario in any situation occuring and be prepared to deal with it.

Another big issue with apologizing would likely be that doing so would make CBCS appear to be ineffectual and generally incompetent.

They are none of these things.

Of course Ricketts and everyone else at CBCS have empathy for their customers, in such a situation.

That does not change anything, though.

I would have to imagine that CBCS will give the customer a coupon or two for grading a book or two at no charge, after a situation like this gets resolved.

In addition to solving the problem when it arises, as soon as is humanly possible, that is a big part in maintaining working relationships with customers. I am sure that is very important to CBCS.

Man, this isn't the first customer service department I have dealt with. Absorbing blame or not, a simple "we are sorry this happened, we are working on getting the issue resolved for you' goes a LONG way. In fact, this may be the first customer service department I have ever dealt with that didn't at least offer some sort of sympathy toward the given situation. CBCS at one moment had my correct address and two hours later, someone hit the wrong button and my order got shipped elsewhere. They can't at least acknowledge that this is an inconvenience? Legal issues or not, that's poor customer service. I hope they improve, I really do. I do not submit enough to be a major concern for anyone, but I can say that I will not be submitting additional books until I am confident that these issues have been addressed.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Rapidly losing faith that I will ever see my books again. FedEx sent the package all the way back to Nashville, TN (approximately where I live) and then immediately sent the order BACK to Las Vegas. I can't be sure this is necessarily CBCS' fault, but I left the frustrated state a long time ago. I have been in contact with CBCS who is going to get the package rerouted...again...
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector Marximus private msg quote post Address this user
Good grief.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:
Rapidly losing faith that I will ever see my books again. FedEx sent the package all the way back to Nashville, TN (approximately where I live) and then immediately sent the order BACK to Las Vegas. I can't be sure this is necessarily CBCS' fault, but I left the frustrated state a long time ago. I have been in contact with CBCS who is going to get the package rerouted...again...

Updating. I spoke with Jake Fleming. This appears to be a case of my bad luck with the latest rerouting. This is completely on FedEx at the moment. Jake was able to convince FedEx to pull everything off of the truck that was heading back to Las Vegas. I should now be getting my books tomorrow.
Post 55 IP   flag post
598066 90 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?