Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedQuestions

My Order Is Going to the Wrong Address5484

Collector jaked6698 private msg quote post Address this user
I need some help here. I received notice today that my order was about to be shipped. On this e-mail, my address was correct. I received a second e-mail with my tracking number; however, this time, the address had been changed to a comic shop in Las Vegas. I live in Tennessee. I cannot get in touch with anyone as it is after hours and on the weekend. I have waited six months for my books and REALLY do not want to chase them down or in all likelihood lose them entirely. I have e-mailed customer service, messaged Jake Fleming, and messages Steve Ricketts. I need help here.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Are you kidding me? This is the second time this has happened in a month, I believe...and I think those were going to LV too. Will find the thread and link it here.

Here it is.

clickable text
Post 2 IP   flag post
I just read through that. It was definitely Las Vegas in the attached thread. This is insane.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Definitely call CBCS, ASAP.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Wow! not this again. Did the other one get fixed?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Read the linked thread, it was quite a debacle, and we never heard from Thanatos again...
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Ever seems this merger, it seems that all going down hill, no more white box's when they ship, long white times for comic's to come back, and now shipping to worg address. Bigger and better thing are coming, I hope this is not the case.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
@jaked6698 i recommend calling CBCS ASAP too.

i was just looking over that Thanatos thread about his package issue...

i'm dealing with a lost (delivered) package issue as well.

CBCS shipped out my order and fedex delivered the package but the thing was, i wasnt home and some one signed for it apparently. But if no one was home, how can some one sign for it?

Called CBCS and FedEx multiple times saying they will do something. The books are probably lost, it's a mystery.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
One bit of ok news....Steve said everything is fully insured.
https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/5191/page/3/shipped-to-the-wrong-person/
Post 52
Means, worse case - they have been graded and looking at Auction houses, you can say what they are worth IF they have to be replaced.

It would be HELPFUL for CBCS to have an ANSWERING SERVICE to take messages and give some acknowledgement to a customer in need. They could have one person to be called past closing time for problems like a lot of places do.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityG

CBCS shipped out my order and fedex delivered the package but the thing was, i wasnt home and some one signed for it apparently. But if no one was home, how can some one sign for it?

Called CBCS and FedEx multiple times saying they will do something. The books are probably lost, it's a mystery.

The package was probably signed for by the FedEx driver and just left at your front door.I would ask for a image of the signature and the delivery driver's name.

If you don't pay extra for the signature to be signed by the addressee only, a lot of times a driver will just sign for it and drop it off.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I definitely tried to call CBCS. I also sent an e-mail, but alas, I wasn’t notified of the tracking number until after the CBCS offices closed.

I did reach Steve via private message, but he informed me no one would be able to do anything about it until Monday. Are we seriously sitting here saying that no one from CBCS can pick up the phone, dial FEDEX, and tell them to hold it? To clarify, the package is STILL in St, Petersburg, but because heaven forbid we do something outside of normal business hours, the package will have to be rerouted once it reaches Las Vegas.

I’m admittedly new here. This was my first submission. I cannot fathom a scenario in which I have a second submission to CBCS at this point.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaked6698
Are we seriously sitting here saying that no one from CBCS can pick up the phone, dial FEDEX, and tell them to hold it?

It takes too much effort to do that on the weekend.
Post 12 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Who is this guy in Nevada that’s getting everyone’s books? Two posts on the forum surely translates to many more that have happened not reported here.

Can we use my address from now on? I’m happy to volunteer.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:

The package was probably signed for by the FedEx driver and just left at your front door.I would ask for a image of the signature and the delivery driver's name.

If you don't pay extra for the signature to be signed by the addressee only, a lot of times a driver will just sign for it and drop it off.

Unless you have your own fedex account, they cannot leave that box at your door unless someone who answers the door signs. That is my understanding, as I've tried to have cbcs/cgc submissions left at my door because I'm working when they usually drive by and it takes 2-3 attempts an the nearest distro center is about 90 minutes drive. They've denied my request multiple times, which is good in a way. But an inconvenience. Need to sign up for a fed ex account if I ever sub a comic again. Little weary at this point.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
@CopperAgeKids that's probably what happened in the end... a lazy fedex driver. i dont have a fedex acct but i saw the proof of delivery and it wasnt my signature and like I said, no one signed for it at my residence. Pretty messed up. Im just disappointed this went down with CBCS... I wont submit anything to CGC or PGX.

@Drogio i feel you brother. i was so weary to do another submission b/c it was an order i submitted in June of last year and was shipped out in Nov. and this is still in limbo. But i have a pile of raw books stacking and I want to submit so I just submitted some books last week...

@jaked6698 Dont want to hijack your post. I really hope your issue is resolved. I know that feeling when your books are lost.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
@drogio and @CAK...I agree with CAK...and Drog...I know it isn't supposed to happen..but it does brother. I've returned home and had sig. required boxes left at my door step. First attempt too. Incompetence is a b***h.
Post 16 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I did reach Steve via private message, but he informed me no one would be able to do anything about it until Monday. Are we seriously sitting here saying that no one from CBCS can pick up the phone, dial FEDEX, and tell them to hold it? To clarify, the package is STILL in St, Petersburg, but because heaven forbid we do something outside of normal business hours, the package will have to be rerouted once it reaches Las Vegas.

Allow me to explain. When we recall a package from FedEx, it doesn't do a U-turn immediately. The package makes it all the way to the destination city before it is sent back to our office. The fact that the package is still in St Petersburg is irrelevant. Even if we had someone call the package back, right now, nothing will happen until it reaches the destination city, which by my calculations, would be around Tuesday or Wednesday at the soonest. So again, call the office on Monday and they will help you. There is nothing they can do until then. It's not a CBCS thing. It's the way FedEx operates.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:

Our insurance covers packages in transit until they reach the destination. The insurance requires a signature at the destination to prove delivery. In a situation like this, the package has been delivered to the destination. FedEx is 100% at fault if they signed for the package and left it at your residence. The driver can be fired for doing this.

This has unfortunately happened once in the past and FedEx ended up refunding the customer the full insured amount. It did take a few months for them to cut a check, so be patient with them.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts I was just wondering, since this happened to Thanatos and now this gentleman in Tennessee, why are these packages being sent to the wrong address to begin with? If each member's account has the correct mailing address information, why are the incorrect mailing labels being attached to the packages? Just trying to understand. Hope you're having a great day, Steve.
Post 19 IP   flag post
@Despain I have no idea what happened. I'm not involved in these things anymore.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:

Allow me to explain. When we recall a package from FedEx, it doesn't do a U-turn immediately. The package makes it all the way to the destination city before it is sent back to our office. The fact that the package is still in St Petersburg is irrelevant. Even if we had someone call the package back, right now, nothing will happen until it reaches the destination city, which by my calculations, would be around Tuesday or Wednesday at the soonest. So again, call the office on Monday and they will help you. There is nothing they can do until then. It's not a CBCS thing. It's the way FedEx operates.

Fair enough. I apologize that I assumed that was a lack of effort on CBCS’part. I still do not understand how the e-mail informing me that the order was completed had my correct address, yet, the email with my tracking number informed me the package would be shipped to Las Vegas. The fact that this has seemingly happened at least twice is beyond astounding.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder then who is involved and could answer my questions?
Post 22 IP   flag post
Well, you know what they say about Vegas...
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector jdangerc private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Well, you know what they say about Vegas...

"What's shipped to Vegas, stays in Vegas!" LOL
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Two posts on the forum surely translates to many more that have happened not reported here.

This possibility never occurred to me. 3 times in about a month is a shocking number alone.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Two posts on the forum surely translates to many more that have happened not reported here.

This possibility never occurred to me. 3 times in about a month is a shocking number alone.

It has to have happened more than three times. I’m a broken record here but I just can’t see how the address is correct on one email notification and the package STILL gets sent to the wrong address.
Post 26 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Simple really.

Humans make mistakes, and some humans make a lot of mistakes. I have had several CGC labels with the wrong issue number, etc. And the issue was a famous #1 with the number on the cover. Yet the label stated #2.

I am sure that the shippers for CBCS and CGC do not make real good money. You get what you pay for with laborers. Average people with average attention to detail.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Simple really.

Humans make mistakes, and some humans make a lot of mistakes. I have had several CGC labels with the wrong issue number, etc. And the issue was a famous #1 with the number on the cover. Yet the label stated #2.

I am sure that the shippers for CBCS and CGC do not make real good money. You get what you pay for with laborers. Average people with average attention to detail.

I get that, but three different times (that we are aware of) to the same wrong city? That’s beyond a lack of attention to detail.
Post 28 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Yea, but maybe we don't know about the other cities. And if I had to guess, I would guess there is a place in Vegas that does a lot of business with CBCS and because they get a lot of packages, mistakes are going to happen with them involved more than say, with me.

Don't get me wrong. I think what happened to you and others is very wrong and in your case, with the email and all. Is doubly not understandable.

But mistakes do happen with any business. And the business should do what it takes to make this right. Even if you get your books and everything is okay. They should give you some kind of restitution, such as credit on next order or free submission coupons for the future.

It is part of doing business, to make things right when it is your fault (the business's fault).
Post 29 IP   flag post
@jaked6698 What happened?
Post 30 IP   flag post
600438 90 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?