Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Bronze Age

Marvel Spotlight 10 Please grade me.5482

Collector anthonybischoff private msg quote post Address this user
Let me know your thoughts on a grade and if it would benefit from a press and clean.

Post 1 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@anthonybischoff - That looks like a very nice and clean copy. I see only three or four defects so I would grade that issue at a 9.0 or possibly 9.2.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Very nice clean copy. To me the front and back cover look to be an 8.5. How does the inside look? If you get it pressed it could raise it to a 9.0.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
I see a corner crease on the front lower left, and the back lower left. The 2 bottom corners look a little soft. The edge of the back page suggests a press would improve the appearance, and might help the grade. I'd say 8.0 as is, and from the scan.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
agreed (esaravo)...i see some rounded corners, the color break crease bottom right front...a possible corner impact crease top back right (if thats a second crease above the obvious one at the spine)...two breaks at the spine (front) - one at staple/ one at bottom and a couple very tiny ticks at spine and maybe light finger bend bottom left back

a press may help with one or two flaws...I think its a 9.0 maybe 9.2 with a press

unless they've really tightened up ..then yes..8.5/9.0

beautiful book!
Post 5 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
agreed (esaravo)...i see some rounded corners, the color break crease bottom right front...a possible corner impact crease top back right (if thats a second crease above the obvious one at the spine)...two breaks at the spine (front) - one at staple/ one at bottom and a couple very tiny ticks at spine and maybe light finger bend bottom left back

All of this!

IMO....
As is = 8.5
Press = nicer 8.5
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
It is a nice book,however I am not sure if it would be worth it to have it cleaned, pressed and graded.Unless it has a special place in your collection.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Regardless the grade, the off centered cover alone makes it very undesirable to me personally.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Definitely press and clean, it might not improve the grade overall but should improve it asthetically, especially if it's staying with you. Give it its best shot at the highest grade.

I'd recommend spend $10 (?) get it done by cfp...they are top notch and they'll drop it off at cbcs/cgc for you, no extra cost and bypass those long pressing TATs...unless you are looking to do fast pass.

Very nice book!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector anthonybischoff private msg quote post Address this user
I am probably going to get them pressed by cbcs because I am getting them signed and I would prefer they do it before slabbing Just in case one of the signers songs it.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonybischoff
I am probably going to get them pressed by cbcs because I am getting them signed and I would prefer they do it before slabbing Just in case one of the signers songs it.

Have it pressed after it is signed.

Also, having the artist throw on a head sketch of Ghost Rider will certainly increase the value/desirability of the book.

Most artists will do this at no charge, I get sketches on all books that I get signed.
Post 12 IP   flag post
600649 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?