Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Sketch CoversCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSPComics Modern AgePop Culture

The Bog Blog - Swamp Creatures thread 25480

Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
Since the older thread is archived now, I felt it was time to sprout a new one

Has anyone else read the Swamp Thing DC Winter Special?!

Damn good if I do say so. The first story wonderfully written by Tom King, reminds me of the tragic plight of House of Secrets 92 but with a modern edge and a bit more redemptive. The second story was an unfinished script by Len Wein. Beautifully rendered by Kelley Jones sans words, we get a small glimpse of the potential for an on-going series that Wein had envisioned.

Hopefully this is not the end for Swamp Thing for awhile. I can never get enough of his stories. I highly suggest everyone go and pick this up!

Post 1 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I just picked this up but havent read it yet....sounds good!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
I just picked this up but havent read it yet....sounds good!!

You're in for a treat bud! I dove in as soon as I got home from the LCS. It was a great way to end the evening.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Mail call! Just in, a commission from artist Crap Panther who's base is instagram. Alec Holland emerging from death as a living Swamp Thing. Vita est morte est vita.

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odins_Raven
Mail call! Just in, a commission from artist Crap Panther who's base is instagram. Alec Holland emerging from death as a living Swamp Thing. Vita est morte est vita.

That is amazing! Definitely going to look this person up.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@TellEmSteveDave

Thanks!!! I asked the artist to incorporate a couple other things too. The initials of ST's creators; a sharp eye can find them And since I live in the great PNW, a bit of favor to the psychedelic tubors that Swampy makes in the form of cannabis sativa.
Post 6 IP   flag post
601333 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?