Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Dr strange fan after seeing movie5464

Collector EngineJoe private msg quote post Address this user
I never knew they had anything to do with the infinity gems until I saw the movie. Then I remembered I had this!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Havent seen the movie...was it any good?? I did like his appearance in the Thor movie
Post 2 IP   flag post
Very interesting graphic effects. Enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Actually underrating the movie going in made it better for me throughout
Post 3 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I dont know....reviews for Suicide Squad were horrible and when i finally watched it i kind of agreed...seems like they had 2 or 3 movies and couldnt figure what one to make so just mashed them together...might try Dr Strange....not sure though...
Post 4 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Doc Strange movie definitely has its moments. I would watch it if you nothing better to do
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Khumbu private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know, I kind of liked Suicide Squad, with the exception of the Enchantress. Maybe it was just Margot Robbie though...
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I watched Dr.Strange on Netflix. I was not too impressed. Near the later part of the movie, I could hardly stay awake. I might try watching it again soon.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Speaking of movies

Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Dr. Strange movie was as good as they could have done with the subject matter.

Suicide Squad was silly, but Margot Robbie was hot enough to make it passable to watch.

Ant Man was good enough. But didn't enjoy the characters included for comic humor.

Haven't seen Black Panther yet, but saw the actor that plays him on a talk show and he already ruined it for me. A soft, girly, knock kneed skinny dude.

I know "they" can do wonders with special effects and camera angles and such. But c'mon folks. At least get in the same ballpark. Instead of using a 5'6" actor to play the part of a 6'5 character.

I think that pro-wrestling is as phony as all get out. But some of those guys are very intimidating physically, and they have a lot of experience acting. Just sayin'.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@conditionfreak At Rhode Island Comic Con I got autographs from and pictures with both Michael Colter and Lou Ferrigno. I think you will agree that Superheroes should look more like the two of them.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak

I think that pro-wrestling is as phony as all get out. But some of those guys are very intimidating physically, and they have a lot of experience acting. Just sayin'.

Get some.

https://youtu.be/uvTsvAjZ488
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Dr. Strange movie was as good as they could have done with the subject matter.

Suicide Squad was silly, but Margot Robbie was hot enough to make it passable to watch.

Ant Man was good enough. But didn't enjoy the characters included for comic humor.

Haven't seen Black Panther yet, but saw the actor that plays him on a talk show and he already ruined it for me. A soft, girly, knock kneed skinny dude.

I know "they" can do wonders with special effects and camera angles and such. But c'mon folks. At least get in the same ballpark. Instead of using a 5'6" actor to play the part of a 6'5 character.

With the black panther stuff what are you talking about? The actor playing Black Panther is 6’ and fit. The person playing kilmonger is 6’ as well, kilmonger is bigger in the comics but it is what it is...he’s probably unrealistically big in the comics.
Post 12 IP   flag post
"Fit" is not intimidating. 6'0" is not intimidating for comic book hero status.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:

Did you have a problem with Chris Evans, henry cavil, Robert Downey etc. ?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I am looking forward to Black Panther. I am optimistic that it will be really good.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacha777
Quote:

Nope. Evans and Cavill have some muscle and arse. And RDJr. wears an armor suit. You would expect Stark to be average sized.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Black panther
Isn’t he the same actor in “message from the king”?
If that movie ain’t intimidating I wouldn’t know what is

I could name a few boring comic based movies that were worse to me than doc strange..Thought the visual effects were cool during certain scenes but limited to that
Post 17 IP   flag post
Is this an intimidating looking man to you?

You said the "movie" is intimidating. Don't know, haven't seen it. But I am talking about the actor. Not the movie/s.

Different animals.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Do you prefer terry crews as black panther? Rotfl
Post 19 IP   flag post
Or even Debo from Friday or his as his wrestler ego Z some crap lol
Post 20 IP   flag post
Man, that yellow poster background does make him look a little bit on the “hawngry” side.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacha777
Quote:

Nope. Evans and Cavill have some muscle and arse. And RDJr. wears an armor suit. You would expect Stark to be average sized.

Black Panther is in a vibranium suit and Chadwick Boseman has ‘muscles’ but as a heterosexual man as long as he doesn’t have a gut I’m fine with that. But you can research Chadwick or Black Panther shirtless scenes to do your own research if that is what you are into *shrug

Also the etc. was for pretty much any male Superhero none of them are Mr. Olympia ripped.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Not sure how Iron Man's armor suit relates to Black Panthers vibranium suit.

Does BP have an arsenal of weapons built into his suit? Can he fly? Does it connect to, or have built into it a super computer? Can it give him advice or direction?

I could go on and on. But it is all make believe, so it is an argument I can't win. Everything could change in the next issue.
Post 23 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Speaking of movies

I worry about over saturation by Marvel with movies and DC with their TV shows. At what point does the average consumer just say enough? And since the prices of comics seem to be directly linked to how well a movie does...

Poof!
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
culdnt even sit through the entire movie
Post 25 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Poof!

Sooner or later, this is every investment. You are probably on to something with movie hype, to a degree.

Ive said it about walking dead books. When the show gets cancelled, I’ll wait 6 months and then finally pick up my copy of TWD#1 in 9.8 on the cheap
Post 26 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Poof!

Oh, and I cant quote that without linking THIS 😁👌🏻

Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Poof!

Sooner or later, this is every investment. You are probably on to something with movie hype, to a degree.

Ive said it about walking dead books. When the show gets cancelled, I’ll wait 6 months and then finally pick up my copy of TWD#1 in 9.8 on the cheap

Serious questions. If the hype is over and the show is gone. Why would you want it then? To fill a complete run? Or you just love the subject matter?

Wouldn't it be better to be buying the next up and coming thing in comic books, instead of a thing that has come and gone?
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Because everything comes back around next generation ...but instead of say ...every venom or wolverine book being picked up in a 1000 different variants...it will be a select few that the generation finds appealing and that price spike that is now all over the board from 5-500.00 will jump to 2500 on a handful of books and the rest will be worthless. Just my opinion, but its fun to guess
Post 29 IP   flag post
601342 29 29
This topic is archived. Start new topic?