Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

No more inner white boxes??5461

Collector Johnnylray private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All . Today I received my 9 comics that I submitted on 10/4/17. Upon receiving the box I opened it to find no inner white shipping boxes around any comics. I have yet to unwrap the bubble wrap-but I am curious why no inner boxes? We pay our own shipping back is the reason to save costs ?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Broker1 private msg quote post Address this user
That's funny, got a box yesterday and I am planning on calling them today. Long time customer, love CBCS, but I use my own FedEx account for shipping and I was charged $24 for bubble wrap and some peanuts. Seems excessive to me.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
I had submitted a dozen books on 10/4 as well at the NY Comic Con. Have not received mine. How long after email indicating shipment to you receiving them? Thanks and I do hope you share your graded books with us. Nuff said.
Post 3 IP   flag post
My shipment is from 9/23. Shipping seems to occur 7-8 days after email saying it's ready for shipping.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks Broker1.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I actually received an email indicating they incorrectly under charged me $12.00 because they listed my Amazing Spiderman Dracula Giant Size 1 as post 1974. Their bad but my books were held up until I paid it. I've owned a business, and when I make a mistake in pricing I always ate the error. Maybe going to CGC next time. Nuff said.
Post 6 IP   flag post
As a follow up I recall "the other company" use to seal boxes with tamper proof tape..if you look at my box today it was that cheap brown stuff...Just saying....
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@Johnnylray shipping has gone down with Beckett. However, if enough people get damaged books I'm sure they would change back. No more inner boxes, not enough peanuts, etc. I got my shipment and was happy with it, but others have posted pictures that aren't so great.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Here are the books I received today
oks

Post 9 IP   flag post
Very nice Star Wars 1! I've been looking to score a Spectacular SM 1 myself.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Johnnylray - No inner boxes. I am hoping that it’s just temporary and that they will start using new ones that have Beckett’s name on them, but I am not holding my breath. At least in your package, the voids seemed to be properly filled with peanuts. There was a lot of empty space in my package, but luckily no damage to the 20 slabs.

Here’s what mine looked like when I opened it:

PS: some nice comics!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
I hate buying things on ebay but i could not hold back on the price this was going for.Trying to get the set 1 to 6(Dell Otto and Mattina) covers.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
@johnnylray..back in the house! missed you brother
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector NoahSult private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like this Beckett acquisition is really making things so much better so far!
😑😑😑
Post 14 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicsforme
I hate buying things on ebay but i could not hold back on the price this was going for.Trying to get the set 1 to 6(Dell Otto and Mattina) covers.

I just submitted two raw copies I bought from Trinity Comics signed by Dell'Otto. I March they are getting me Dell'Otto on the two copies I bought from Comicsketchart in Toronto which included Snyder and Capullo signatures.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I have a few coming to me soon i hope plus i am working on #4,5 and 6 to get signed i hope.All thanks to Lance.He gets a lot signed for me and mabye cheaper than trinity maybe.
Post 16 IP   flag post

Post 17 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

This man has no pinky!
Post 18 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke - #boxcutter-accidents
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
@johnnylray..back in the house! missed you brother
Thanks Brother! Stop in soon!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

This man has no pinky!
Thank you!all is well.all digits accounted for..that is just the way I was holding the box! Thanks for your concerns!
Post 21 IP   flag post
@esaravo Thanks!I was actually bummed on a couple of the Whitman comics. I knew when I submitted them they were only available in the 3 packs back in the day, non newsstand. Upon receipt there is NO Indication about that important fact on their labels.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broker1
That's funny, got a box yesterday and I am planning on calling them today. Long time customer, love CBCS, but I use my own FedEx account for shipping and I was charged $24 for bubble wrap and some peanuts. Seems excessive to me.

Come on.

A single slab in a thick corrugated box with bubble wrap & packaging material weighs slightly over 3 pounds.

Or if you ship in USPS priority boxes (which are considerable thinner than CATS and CGC corrugated shipping boxes, a single slab is 2.6 pounds.

Go onto USPS.com or FedEx.com and check shipping rates for a 3 pound box.

Regular 3 day priority will be about $15-$20.

Full insurance coverage thru Fed Ex accounts for the rest.

Shipping rates, fully insured, are no cheaper at CGC.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnylray
@esaravo Thanks!I was actually bummed on a couple of the Whitman comics. I knew when I submitted them they were only available in the 3 packs back in the day, non newsstand. Upon receipt there is NO Indication about that important fact on their labels.

I have three of the more uncommon Whitmans (Winnie the Pooh #20, 21, 22) at CBCS now. I hope they add something to the label by the time they are graded.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:

Come on.

A single slab in a thick corrugated box with bubble wrap & packaging material weighs slightly over 3 pounds.

Or if you ship in USPS priority boxes (which are considerable thinner than CATS and CGC corrugated shipping boxes, a single slab is 2.6 pounds.

I think you misunderstood. He used his own FedEx account that covered the shipping cost. The $24 was the handling fee that CBCS charged him.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
@Johnnylray shipping has gone down with Beckett. However, if enough people get damaged books I'm sure they would change back. No more inner boxes, not enough peanuts, etc. I got my shipment and was happy with it, but others have posted pictures that aren't so great.

The white inner boxes are really not needed.

I am sure they were cut out because of that fact, getting damaged slabs is 0% more likely with how CBCS currently ships orders.

Their boxes are thick as can be, slabs are packed well and surrounded with packing peanuts to the very brim of the box.

If you want to talk about cutting corners on packaging, and actually making it pretty damn easy to get damaged slabs....look at CGC'S recent method of shipping smaller orders of a single or up to 3 slabs or so....In a Gemini type mailer with a sheet or two of thin foam wrap.

That has resulted in numerous cracked slabs.

CGC has cut that out after numerous complaints.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga
Quote:
Quote:

Come on.

I think you misunderstood. He used his own FedEx account that covered the shipping cost. The $24 was the handling fee that CBCS charged him.

I still think the slabs would be insured under CBCS' so coverage.

Depending on the FMV of the slabs, that would be the bulk of the $24.

If they were 4 moderns at a $200 cap per slab, than $24 may be a bit much.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Come on.

Yeah, my comment was to express my mild state of amazement that I am routinely charged $24 for about 50 cents worth of supplies. Sorry it wasn't more clear.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector SD2416 private msg quote post Address this user
When you use your fed-ex account, you have to tell customer service to insure for the declared value. If you do not, then they will send it out without insurance. The only way their (CBCS) insurance covers it is if you use their shipping.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga
Quote:
Quote:

Come on.

I still think the slabs would be insured under CBCS' so coverage.

Depending on the FMV of the slabs, that would be the bulk of the $24.

If they were 4 moderns at a $200 cap per slab, than $24 may be a bit much.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
My understanding is that the white boxes are gone for good. I'm sure there are a couple of reasons for this:

1. Cutting shipping costs...those boxes are probably cheap but they aren't free.
2. Constructing and filling the boxes takes time and CBCS is doing everything they can to cut turnaround times.
3. All the boxes had only CBCS branding and that #CBCSBOX promotion (which i think was rarely ever followed through anyways) so now with Beckett they probably didn't want to reprint the boxes with new graphics/branding

I personally loved the white boxes because they were excellent single-slab shippers but I can understand why CBCS eliminated them from a business standpoint.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600771 45 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?