Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

Please grade my Hulk 181 good sirs5453

"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
I have no idea what they are holding beyond the head
Post 51 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector gman private msg quote post Address this user
very nice toe
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Mmmmm...Corona....

Post 54 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman
very nice toe

Post 55 IP   flag post

I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder

Back in the early'90s, I sold my original copies of ASM 129 and IH 181 due to circumstances. They were opened and read only once. GOD I wish I had those books back.
'
Today I have 6 slabbed copies of 129 that are worth 3-4 times what I paid, but I don't have a 181.

How come you don't sell 4 or 5 of those and pick up a high grade hulk 181?

And that's a very solid question considering many collectors would probably do just that. And since I'm not a dealer, then why do I need 6 ASM 129s?

I plan on retiring in 5 years and selling off my collection bit by bit (backup 401k), so I really don't have the desire to crank out the $$$ for a 181.

I don't sell books to buy books. My ASM 1-129 collection, which has 13 gaps (issues 2 and 4 being the dollar books) consists of 236 books. So I have many 2x,3x,4x dupes of various grades. ie: ASM 28,... in 2009 I purchased a raw 4.5/5.0 from my LCS, well centered/presentable. In 2011 I purchased another from him CGC 7.0. A year later I purchased another raw 6.0,... Mylites2/Fullback and chunk em in a box. I didn't sell the raws to compensate for the higher grade slab, or on any of my other issues. Just the way I operated.

Plus I have a decent silver age FF run, among other stuff. About 2013 I jumped onto the Pre-Code wagon, but regretfully too late in life.

Anyway, this is getting too long-winded. Let's get back to the chicks with their arms raised in the air. LOL
Post 56 IP   flag post
You don't have to explain yourself to anyone brah
Post 57 IP   flag post
oops that chick had nips, edited.

Post 58 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

OH MY GOD. That looks like so much fun going down there all night on the steps in the background. Especially if its clean and not dirty there. You can have a sled and just slide down there in the winter time.
Post 59 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
Quote:

OH MY GOD. That looks like so much fun going down there all night on the steps in the background. Especially if its clean and not dirty there. You can have a sled and just slide down there in the winter time.

I most certainly accept 7's in my collection.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:

Back in the early'90s, I sold my original copies of ASM 129 and IH 181 due to circumstances. They were opened and read only once. GOD I wish I had those books back.
'
Today I have 6 slabbed copies of 129 that are worth 3-4 times what I paid, but I don't have a 181.

How come you don't sell 4 or 5 of those and pick up a high grade hulk 181?

And that's a very solid question considering many collectors would probably do just that. And since I'm not a dealer, then why do I need 6 ASM 129s?

I [b]plan
on retiring in 5 years and selling off my collection bit by bit (backup 401k),[/b] so I really don't have the desire to crank out the $$$ for a 181.

I don't sell books to buy books. My ASM 1-129 collection, which has 13 gaps (issues 2 and 4 being the dollar books) consists of 236 books. So I have many 2x,3x,4x dupes of various grades. ie: ASM 28,... in 2009 I purchased a raw 4.5/5.0 from my LCS, well centered/presentable. In 2011 I purchased another from him CGC 7.0. A year later I purchased another raw 6.0,... Mylites2/Fullback and chunk em in a box. I didn't sell the raws to compensate for the higher grade slab, or on any of my other issues. Just the way I operated.

Plus I have a decent silver age FF run, among other stuff. About 2013 I jumped onto the Pre-Code wagon, but regretfully too late in life.

Anyway, this is getting too long-winded. Let's get back to the chicks with their arms raised in the air. LOL

In that case, with the slabs that you have multiple of, such as the ASM 129, you will get a better return on your investment if you list a single 129 at a time, starting now.

ASM 129 is a hot book right now, due to the Punished Netflix show.

I'd put it up at the very high end of GPA, and just wait until your BIN gets hit.

Really, the ideal time to get a premium for that book was a couple months ago, right before and after season 1 premiered.

If you put one up high, you'll get your price, it may just take 6-12 months to sell.

Which would be fine.

Than just rinse and repeat.

You'd probably sell 1 of your slabbed ASM 129's every 9 months or so.

By the time you retire and have the time to start selling your collection, you will still likely have 1 or 2 slabbed ASM 129's left.

Not to mention...

if you have 6 slabbed ASM 129's on your hand when you focus on selling, it is human nature to want to get a bigger bankroll, after 1 sells. Turn around, and you'll be pumping the other 5 onto eBay via no reserve auctions, at once.

I remember JunkDrawer from the CGCForums did that with about his dozen Hulk 181 slabs thst he had hoarded, like 2 years back.

Popped each one of them on eBay, pretty much in a span of 7 days, $1 no reserve auction formats.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
Quote:

What?
Post 62 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I plan on retiring in 5 years and selling off my collection bit by bit (backup 401k), so I really don't have the desire to crank out the $$$ for a 181.

I've already started to see off the collection.

I will always love books, the hunt, and the win. I'm still going to keep less than 50 books total, but the rest... they are all going.

Been selling now for years since that's how long it takes to unload a collection.

But it's worth it.
Imo, keep the favourite 129, unload the rest.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC_II
Quote:

I've already started to see off the collection.

I will always love books, the hunt, and the win. I'm still going to keep less than 50 books total, but the rest... they are all going.

Been selling now for years since that's how long it takes to unload a collection.

But it's worth it.
Imo keep the favourite 129, unload the rest.

My favorite one would be the CGC 8.5 Yellow signed by Stan Lee. I'm not a sig-chaser but at least I have a key book of one of my favorite heros back in the day signed by The Man. This is the only one of the 6 I didn't own raw so I didn't get to personally inspect it, but studying it through the shell I can tell it most definitely has NOT been pressed. For a while I did romance the thought of having a crack/press/re-slab done, but the cover is beautifully centered with very nice sig and placement that doesn't detract from the artwork, so I just left it alone.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

My favorite one would be the CGC 8.5 Yellow signed by Stan Lee. I'm not a sig-chaser but at least I have a key book of one of my favorite heros back in the day signed by The Man. This is the only one of the 6 I didn't own raw so I didn't get to personally inspect it, but studying it through the shell I can tell it most definitely has NOT been pressed. For a while I did romance the thought of having a crack/press/re-slab done, but the cover is beautifully centered with very nice sig and placement that doesn't detract from the artwork, so I just left it alone.

Yep, exactly. That book right there would be one of the halo books I mean. The ones you pause at when flipping through your collection. The ones you hold.

Some of my halo books have spine ticks, but for various reasons, they will stick with me til the end.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Collector EngineJoe private msg quote post Address this user
Man I always wanted to just see one as a child but this is close enough bub! Thanks for sharing kapt
Post 66 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Is that a tear above the "E" in Marvel Comics Group?
Post 67 IP   flag post
Very tiny tear. Yep.
Post 68 IP   flag post
598060 68 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?