Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionPop CultureToys Statues

Bendis Is Taking Over Superman5427

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
After his backup story in Action 1000, Bendis is writing a six issue mini-series called Man of Steel.
In July, Superman will relaunch with a new #1 written by Bendis as well as Action Comics #1001 as the first issue of his run on the book.

Also, all his creator-owned stuff is moving to D.C. as Jinxworld.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector NoahSult private msg quote post Address this user
Well I’m cancelling Superman if they relaunch it again. I’m done with the relaunches.
Post 2 IP   flag post
It's definitely getting a new number one in July
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Buzbe private msg quote post Address this user
This relaunch may give him half chance see where he is going
then not worth it:
Shoot the messager and dog with him. He only fair, gave rest a chance
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
I think more disappointed in that Action Comics is going to stop for 3 months.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
John Byrne did the exact same thing, even a mini series, like Man of Steel.
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahSult
Well I’m cancelling Superman if they relaunch it again. I’m done with the relaunches.

I recently removed superman from my pull because I didn’t like the stories, kept action comics of course. I’ll definitely be checking out the new supes book and looking forward to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseale0223
I think more disappointed in that Action Comics is going to stop for 3 months.

Why do you think this is the case? These are popular titles, I don’t see them doing nothing for three months
Post 7 IP   flag post
@JLS_Comics this is your article on this, correct? Good work as usual, I enjoyed it

http://comicbooked.com/brian-m-bendis/
Post 8 IP   flag post
@det_tobor It is very similar. The difference here is that Byrne's was coming out of Crisis and the title was begging for a relaunch and a shakeup. Arguably, Superman now is in a good spot and so it's an interesting choice to mix that all up.

But I guess that mix-up is exactly what they're going for with "No Justice", this news, and other stuff coming down the pike this year.

@shrewbeer The gap will be where the mini series comes out, the DC Nation #0 issue as well
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
@JLS_Comics this is your article on this, correct? Good work as usual, I enjoyed it

http://comicbooked.com/brian-m-bendis/

It is! Thank you for the compliment
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
Superman will relaunch with a new #1 written by Bendis

If this happens, I am out. Supes is my favorite character, but they just relaunched the title last year, and they're going to do it again? This is starting to feel like Marvel's business model.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Big status quo changes are happening with DC over the summer.

Alongside the Man Of Steel mini-series will be the weekly "No Justice" mini-series from Snyder, Tynion IV, etc. that will lead to big changes for the Justice League.

Justice League of America ends in June with issue 29. Then Snyder takes over. Superman ends and Bendis takes over in July

Anyway, just mentioning this to give it some broader line-wide perspective.

I just wonder where Peter Tomasi will end up...
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
@shrewbeer I have no idea. Newsarama is saying Action Comic 1001 comes out July 25. If thats true thats a big mistake on DC's part.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector GreyBeard private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2018/02/01/exclusive-bendis-to-write-superman-revive-jinxworld-and-oversee-new-custom-imprint-at-dc-comics/

More on Bendis!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Justice League of America ends on April 11th with issue #29
Justice League will end on April 18th with issue #43

Action # 100 comes out on April 18th ft. well, everyone.

DC Nation #0 comes on on May 2nd and will preview Bendis' upcoming work

Justice League: No Justice weekly 4-issue series comes out on May 9th

The Man Of Steel weekly mini-series comes out starting on May 30th

June: Justice League relaunches with a new #1 written by Snyder

Superman # 1 launches on July 11th. It's Bendis and Ivan Reis
Action #1001 launches on July 25th. It's Bendis and Pat Gleason
Post 15 IP   flag post
They wanted Superman to have a kid. To be more relatable? To not be as all powerful? Ok..., but there was a better storyline when the Superman of this Earth was killed and the JL didn't know or trust this copy that came with his family from a destroyed Earth.

Then, they erased it. Way to goooooo.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector NoahSult private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
Justice League of America ends on April 11th with issue #29
Justice League will end on April 18th with issue #43

Action # 100 comes out on April 18th ft. well, everyone.

DC Nation #0 comes on on May 2nd and will preview Bendis' upcoming work

Justice League: No Justice weekly 4-issue series comes out on May 9th

The Man Of Steel weekly mini-series comes out starting on May 30th

June: Justice League relaunches with a new #1 written by Snyder

Superman # 1 launches on July 11th. It's Bendis and Ivan Reis
Action #1001 launches on July 25th. It's Bendis and Pat Gleason

Thank you for the list of titles I can cancel. I’m done with relaunches.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
So, just read up on this a little. I see Bendis is not just getting Superman, he's getting Action as well. So this guy is getting complete control over Supes. The whole red carpet treatment for one new writer seems silly to me, and kinda insulting to the talent DC already has, which has been doing a great job in the Rebirth era.

To be honest, because I am not a Marvel guy, I haven't read a lot of Bendis' work. Should I be worried? Is he a decent writer? I always kinda put him in the SJW crowd over at Marvel, but I don't know if that is accurate.

I'm a big fan of both Jurgens and Tomasi, so I am skeptical here. I like the current run and don't want a return to the vegetarian, "life-force" seeing Superman.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cseale0223
@shrewbeer I have no idea. Newsarama is saying Action Comic 1001 comes out July 25. If thats true thats a big mistake on DC's part.

I guessed they figured after everyone buys all 10 variants (so far) of Action 1000 and the $30 hardcover they may need a little break from Action Comics...
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Buzbe private msg quote post Address this user
so for all said where can you order a copy of the limited print of the 1000? pm - if you are a shop owner
Post 20 IP   flag post
So far, the current Action is about a time fracture with Booster Gold. Wonder if this is the launch point for a new DC universe? Be nice to learn who caused the fracture at least.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by det_tobor
They wanted Superman to have a kid. To be more relatable? To not be as all powerful? Ok..., but there was a better storyline when the Superman of this Earth was killed and the JL didn't know or trust this copy that came with his family from a destroyed Earth.

Then, they erased it. Way to goooooo.

The guy from the destroyed earth was the original Supes. Then they merged it/them all in some kind of time-universefuckery.

The only part of this that is getting to me, is that the whole time-universefuckery (rebirth) is still yet to be explained or ended. Yet the rebirth banner is gone, news of new reboots is abound, etc.

If there is no ending to the rebirth story after a year of teasing it... they wouldnt do that I hope
Post 22 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer, there was a whole mini series of material that has been forgotten. Convergence was one of the better "cross overs", and with that multi universe Brainiac introduced with a unique reason for his behavior, I wanted a lot more. Seeing our Superman and Lois give birth to Jon in Thomas Wayne's batcave gave the whole story a VERY special feel.

And all of this was continued on this new Earth very nicely. Seeing their Superman date Wonder Woman, get killed and Lois being concerned that Diana might try to take her Clark away made it different than anything DC had done since Mera attacked Diana for her affair with Arthur in Flashpoint, and getting beheaded by that Diana.

Clark trying to hide and protect his family from everyone including the League, making friends with Nightwing and trying to fit in on a new Earth was unique and very enjoyable.

It worked and DC didn't...and flushed it. Way to go DC.
Post 23 IP   flag post
597868 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?