Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver AgeGrading Help NeededQuestions

Detached Centerfold5416

Collector hockeymonkey605 private msg quote post Address this user
Good morning,

I recently got a silver age book with a detached centerfold at the bottom staple. A few of the surrounding pages are also detached at this staple. I'm pretty sure the book is around a 7.0 to 7.5 when not taking this defect into consideration. CGC would probably give it a green label, and I was wondering how CBCS would take factor this in. Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@hockeymonkey605 - The highest grade that CBCS will assign to a book with a detached centerfold is a 7.0. Most of the time, a book with that defect will fall in the 5.5 to 7.0 range, unless there are other defects that would bring down the grade more.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@hockeymonkey605 - The highest grade that CBCS will assign to a book with a detached centerfold is a 7.0. Most of the time, a book with that defect will fall in the 5.5 to 7.0 range, unless there are other defects that would bring down the grade more.

What about a single staple being the issue, or as above centrefold AND one or more adjacent wraps?
Post 3 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
On this site, click on “Services” then “Grading” then “Grades” to get an idea of what defects are associated with what grades. The Overstreet Price Guide (or even better, their Grading Guide) is/are good sources to consult for grading.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymonkey605
Good morning,

I recently got a silver age book with a detached centerfold at the bottom staple. A few of the surrounding pages are also detached at this staple. I'm pretty sure the book is around a 7.0 to 7.5 when not taking this defect into consideration. CGC would probably give it a green label, and I was wondering how CBCS would take factor this in. Thanks

Impossible to answer without front and back cover scans.

I also do not agree that CGC would likely grade a book with a detached c-fold with a qualified grade.

That is more likely if the book is, at a minimum,otherwise an 8.0
Post 5 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Woah. The first thing I thought of when I read the topic was some playmate who was questioning her life choices.
Post 6 IP   flag post
598060 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?