Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Originally posted in the Official CBCS Signature Programs (ASP/VSP) Facebook page by Mark Roman.

"CBCS & Beckett Media will be Off-Site accepting submissions in Seattle March 1-4 and will host Hero Initiative, featuring signing opportunities by MARK WAID on Saturday & Sunday (March 3 & 4). More news & schedules to come!"

Added later, "CBCS will be having an opportunity for customers to mail books to CBCS which will be due no later than February 21:
- MARK WAID..................................$10 each signature (includes shipping cost)
** Prices are subject to change on a last minute notice **
*** CBCS will accept books for the signing event, to be mailed in to CBCS and/or drop offs at the CBCS booth at the Seattle Off-Site Event on 1525 9th Avenue, 40th (Top) floor, Seattle, WA 98101 & WILL BE immediately turned in to be certified to CBCS. ***
***** Ensure we receive a check or money order for the total amount of the signatures (grading fees not included). *****
Send books to arrive no later than Feb. 21, 2018 to: CBCS, Attn: Signing Event, 2400 31st Street South, St. Petersburg, FL 33712. All books submitted for the signings MUST be prepped with window bag cut-out where the signature will go, with the customer's name & phone number on the back of the backing board of each comic. For books that are NOT prepped and with name & phone number on the back of the backing board, will be charged an additional $5 fee per book. THERE IS NO LIMIT ON THE AMOUNT OF BOOKS YOU CAN SUBMIT.***"

Location: 1525 9th Ave., Floor 40 Seattle, WA 98101. "Revue" located on the TOP floor of Premiere on Pine.

Hours: Thursday -Saturday 10 am - 8 pm
Sunday 10 am - 7 pm

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Johnjakewish private msg quote post Address this user
This is great news! I was hoping to drop off some books to CBCS and get some signatures witnessed. Does this mean no onsite grading this year??
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Khumbu private msg quote post Address this user
If you guys are off site how will you witness my sigs? Will you have to send someone there?
Post 3 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
We will have witnesses at the booth who will be glad to help you.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
While I have been sitting on the grading fence forever, I am ready to come down off it. I actually decided a few years ago I would go with CBCS, there was no question, but I just have been procrastinating. I enjoyed visiting the CBCS booth off-site at ECCC last year, and will try my best to get there this year. The problem for me is that being an exhibitor at ECCC each year, I have very limited free time, which means not enough to get there during the con hours. With exhibitor set-up occurring on Tuesday February 27th, that leaves Wednesday as an "off day" and was hoping CBCS would be open for business on that day would would mean I could head down there and not worry about it during the actual days of the convention. My only chance would be to try and get there before 8pm, but just not sure if it is possible. With the show closing at 7pm, by the time everyone is gone and my booth covered, its 7:30pm. I will try my best to get down there, otherwise looks like I will be mailing stuff in.

Also off topic, but perhaps Steve can answer this one. Is the DC Comics "Killing Joke" one-shot something that can be cleaned/pressed? I know it has more of a card stock embossed cover because it is in the prestige format just was curious if that one works out for pressing?
Post 5 IP   flag post
I can press prestige format comics, though not with the level of success as with other comics. There are certainly things I can do to improve them.

As for the hours, I'll try to get more info for you.
Post 6 IP   flag post
To follow up, the hours we will be open is in the original post. The hours will be longer than the show hours, to allow for those set up at the show to have time to drop off books.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thanks Steve, I will try to get down there but unsure if I will be able to, I won't be able to leave my booth until about 7:30pm and by that time getting to the hotel you guys will be at, it will be pushing it and I am sure you guys won't want to be hanging around after 8pm. I was just hoping that you guys would be set up on Wednesday the 28th of February since most exhibitors are setting up on the 27th but worst case I will mail in my submissions if I cant get over to you guys.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Worst case, I'll give you the cell number of someone at the booth, and we will send someone to pick your submission up at your booth. Just have the submission forms filled out. If you don't do it online and need paper forms, someone can deliver them to your booth booth.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Thanks Steve, I will try to get down there but I appreciate the offer of having someone pick up from my booth. Since I will probably have questions regarding the paperwork since I have never submitted books its probably best that I come down there or I can ask a few local store owners that are friends of mine who have CBCS accounts.

Regarding cleaning/pressing books with autographs on the cover, I believe those books can be cleaned, but are there limitations with regards to the type of ink used on the cover? Sharpie pens as you know come in standard black, blue, etc. ink. But they also make a "metallic" ink style in silver, gold, and bronze. Can books with signatures on the cover using those metallic ink style pens clean/press safely? Or will the ink material be effected?
Post 10 IP   flag post
There shouldnt be a problem with signed books. If I suspect one, I would let you know before it's pressed.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
There shouldnt be a problem with signed books. If I suspect one, I would let you know before it's pressed.

Thanks just thought I would ask since those metallic ink Sharpie's are a different style ink than a traditional Sharpie.
Post 12 IP   flag post
597867 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?