Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedComics ForeignSigning Opportunities

CBCS UK & Europe541

CBCS CBCS_UK private msg quote post Address this user
Greetings from across the pond in the UK,

I wanted to make an official post for CBCS UK & Europe just to hopefully answer any questions which may be raised.

The U.K. and European comic book market was in serious need of a CBCS presence so after many a months of meetings and arrangements we have decided to start this year by doing conventions in the UK and Europe Flying under the CBCS flag which we are all very proud off.

This year CBCS will be attending:

MCM Manchester (30th July - 31st July)

I.C.E (10th Sept)
We are proudly Partners of this convention and the things we have planned for this is amazing!

MCM London (28th October - 30th October)

We are currently in the planning stage to attend our first European Convention which is

Dortmund Comic Con in Germany (2nd Dec - 4th Dec)

We will also be hosting Private Signings over the next 6 months, we have been lucky enough to have had the likes of Charlie Adlard, Simone Bianchi and Dan Scott this year already so watch this space for future signings.

We are fortunate enough to have a great team both in the UK and also the guys based in the offices in Florida all supporting the extension of the company as we know there are a lot of collectors worldwide that use CBCS so we are happy to bring us all together as one big happy family.

To answer the question of "Will there be a grading facility set up in the UK?"

The truth behind this is we would absolutely love to be able to grade in the UK as I know from a lot of feedback the shipping to and from America is a bit of a killer for people.

As it stands a grading office in the UK is in the pipelines and has been spoken about in length but setting up an office can be a very expensive outlay as staff would need to be trained to a high standard to grade plus also the cost of the office and equipment we would need to take into account.

We hope by attending Conventions in the UK and Europe throughout 2016/2017 this will yield great results and prove that there is a market for a grading office outside of the US.
So I encourage all CBCS members to get behind us and make the dream of world domination happen.

I will keep everyone updated on what's happening across the pond on here but please take a look at our Facebook page as I update that weekly with the latest news. Please follow the link below

clickable text

Any questions about becoming an AW in the UK or Europe or if your a dealer that wishes to have an account through CBCS please get in touch with myself or the offices in St Petersburg who will happily talk you through the process.

Again thank you to everyone that has already show support and I hope to get to speak to as many members as possible in the near future.

Many thanks

Lee Kingsley
CBCS UK & Europe Convention Coordinator
lkingsley@cbcscomics.com
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector WCollecbales private msg quote post Address this user
This is amazing, see you in London!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Yeah make sure you stop by the stall and say Hi mate, be nice to meet you.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Muaythaiguy private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds really cool, see you in Dortmund
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Point6God private msg quote post Address this user
From the bit of correspondence I've had with Lee, I can assure my fellow UK/Europeans that we are in very very good hands indeed.
Post 5 IP   flag post
That's very very kind of you to say that, and I promise you I will
do my level best to do you guys proud as a thank you for supporting me.

(Now the guessing game starts to try and figure out who you might be??!! Lol)
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Point6God private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBCS_UK
kind

sorry its Drew, we discussed the LFCC and ASP program
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector ESSA private msg quote post Address this user
i had the pleasure of meeting Lee and Nick in person at the McM Manchester comic con to day what wonderful people they are, very helpful, hope to submit more book through you guys.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Junglist private msg quote post Address this user
This would be AMAZING! Set up shop in Manchester or the north somewhere please
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Quicksilver_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I was talking to Steve about this in Chicago last year, I told him he can make use of my premises, we have a spare room and office space available...
Post 10 IP   flag post
is that QS from Yorkshire Wakefield area?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Quicksilver_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Sure is, near Leeds.
Post 12 IP   flag post
ahh i tried Ringing you today meet by lovely voice mail). would be awesome to have CBCS office set up in the middle of the UK.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector chebbo private msg quote post Address this user
We are looking forward to welcoming our partners CBCS to ICE in Birmingham next month and to conducting the exclusive private signings for CBCS UK customers
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector rtdcomics private msg quote post Address this user
Was great to meet the CBCS guys at MCMLondon the other week. Really pleased to have a comic grading presence at a UK show highlighting that they want new business and a bigger audience, unlike some other companies I could name. I went with the intention of getting a few blank cover sketches and seeing CBCS there gave me the choice to get them slabbed as well. Several dealers I spoke to at the show, that were CGC authorised, only had negative comments about them which is quickly putting me off using them for future plans
Post 15 IP   flag post
596795 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?