Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Sorry...OA? Original Artwork?

Yes
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
I’m not one for the virgin covers but I REALLY like this one. To each his own but I had to have it.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
It just pissed me off because it was in my cart... and then it wasn't. I'll post their reply when I get it. Hopefully tomorrow.

Here is the response I got.

Unfortunately the cart doesn’t save things in the way most online stores would.
I think your safest bet is to complete your purchase for a popular item as fast as possible,
You can always e-mail me in order to combine orders later on.
I wish you better luck next time!

IMO, that's not good enough.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector jdennis3 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
It just pissed me off because it was in my cart... and then it wasn't. I'll post their reply when I get it. Hopefully tomorrow.

I think your safest bet is to complete your purchase for a popular item as fast as possible,

If having something in your cart saved an item then it would just be out of stock faster and all the people that purchased the item before you this time would probably have the item in their cart before you as well. IMO
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdennis3
Quote:
Quote:

If having something in your cart saved an item then it would just be out of stock faster and all the people that purchased the item before you this time would probably have the item in their cart before you as well. IMO

Not too mention all the sights that offer these types of exclusives likely use the same type of software for their sales. Likely they'd all give you the same answer.

My advice is when items like this become available at an announced time, keep hitting refresh starting 5 minutes ahead of the start (if not earlier) and get a jump on everyone else. And have all your information in their system too so it's a quick checkout.

You basically had this one sniped from you...like eBay!
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user

I know I may be in a minority's on this, but I have to say now that the trade dress art is official I'm really liking it, more so than the Virgin cover. To that point, I think I like my homage covers to have the trade dress to stay true to the original. But even so, I also like the virgin cover as it provides a generous area for signatures if that is your thing.

Anyway, thought it bump this thread. Trade dress sold out at Comic Mint (except cgc 9.8).
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I know I may be in a minority's on this, but I have to say now that the trade dress art is official I'm really liking it, more so than the Virgin cover. To that point, I think I like my homage covers to have the trade dress to stay true to the original. But even so, I also like the virgin cover as it provides a generous area for signatures if that is your thing.

Anyway, thought it bump this thread. Trade dress sold out at Comic Mint (except cgc 9.8).
i think it looks great! I ordered both and I think I am going to be very happy with them.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:

I still have copies for sale but not selling through eBay at this stage as I have decided to get my top rated seller status back and pre-sales really hurt that status.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Love love love that trade cover.. Just ordered 2.., one for keeps. One in case it gets some value
Post 35 IP   flag post
I just saw this article

https://news.marvel.com/comics/86344/smash-snikt-weapon-h-1-covers/

Do you think this is the actual trade cover or the trade cover is the one posted on frankies.

I really really don't like the marvel website cover.. The title doesn't sit well at all..

Ordered a few of the trade versions of these and a little worried marvel has pushed these ugly covers across all variants
Post 36 IP   flag post

bottom image is the trade version on frankies page .
Post 37 IP   flag post
@Wraith my understanding is that the bottom one is the trade cover
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
@Wraith my understanding is that the bottom one is the trade cover
thanks for the reassurance.

I just panicked when I saw that article at its in marvels site and only a few days old..

Dog tag logo.. Really? Is it 1985 again?
Post 39 IP   flag post
np.
Post 40 IP   flag post
601340 40 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?