Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

We (The Comic Mint) are proud to present the art for Weapon H #1 variant with cover art by Clayton Crain!

This amazing Hulk 181 homage will go on sale Sunday January 28th at 2 PM EST

APPLY CODE HULKSMASH TO SAVE SITE WIDE TODAY ONLY

WWW.THECOMICMINT.COM
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Hey @OGJackster, any chance you can divulge pricing info? Will there be a virgin?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
looks like, maybe.... about $19.95....plus ship.....

*shrugs*
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
I think you have to buy the set for virgin but you may can get virgin by its self if you get graded virgin.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
$69.95 set.$134.95 virgin graded cgc
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexMuff
Hey @OGJackster, any chance you can divulge pricing info? Will there be a virgin?

This amazing Hulk 181 homage will go on sale Sunday January 28th at 2 PM EST, and will be available in the following formats:

Trade Dress for 17.95
Trade Dress/Virgin Set for 69.95
Trade Dress CGC 9.8 for 74.95
Virgin CGC 9.8 for 134.95

Signed options (limited)

Guaranteed 9.6 or higher. Every effort will be made to obtain 9.8.

Virgin CGC SS Signed by Clayton Crain 199.95

Virgin CGC SS remarked by Clayton Crain 249.95

Limited to 3,000 Trade Dress, 1,000 Virgin copies
Post 6 IP   flag post
👍 Giggity
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Frankie's had this as well as a Duarte 1:25 variant which looks to have sold out. Was available about an hour before the homage went on sale.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I was there at 1:59, threw a reg/virgin set in my cart....and it was sold out. WTF?!?!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Just an FYI, Poka has the set on eBay.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Yea, at double the price😳, I’m not THAT in love with it
Post 11 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Get it for half price next year

I actually like this art though
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
I was there at 1:59, threw a reg/virgin set in my cart....and it was sold out. WTF?!?!

Did you Check out sad lemon or 7ate9 comics? I see Frankie's sold out as well of the set. I'm not a huge fan of the virgin covers unless their art is unique, like metal #3 was. I like the trade dress/label and issue number at the top instead of a large void of just background.

I'm usually very happy with paying 1/4 the price for basically the same cover.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Thanks for the heads up,@Drogio. Stupid question, any difference between those and the ones here in the states?
Post 14 IP   flag post
No. I believe Sad Lemon and 7ate9 Comics are affiliated with Frankies Comics in the US.

I did a quick calc...Sad Lemon still has the virgin/trade set available...it looks to be $80 USD shipped. Which I believe is not even $10 more than it costs in the US. But double check that. Or you can wait until the next flash variant sale by @Poka and get it half priced (Mwahhahahaaaa).

Also, Sad Lemon looks to be offering the set signed by Crain. Came out to $113 shipped...again, only $25 than unsigned...helluva deal. If I'm going to pay $80, I might as well pay $115. I don't see that being offered at Comic Mint or Frankies here in the US. Is Crain British and they have better access to him?

Checking 7ate9comics now...will report back. Here's the link to Sad Lemon.

Sad Lemon Weapon H Homage Variants
Post 15 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Okay, I admit it. I broke down and got 5 of the trade dress.

I HAVE to stop buying moderns. But that is a sweet cover, althou8gh Hulks waist doesn't seem right.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Pass. More of the same.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Okay, I admit it. I broke down and got 5 of the trade dress.

I HAVE to stop buying moderns. But that is a sweet cover, althou8gh Hulks waist doesn't seem right.

It's not hulk...it's weapon H! Something must have happened in the mashup process to mess up his waist.

But I hear ya...can't do the Virgins (yes that should be an out of context quote), and I agree with @kaptainmyke it's yet another homage option out of many many variants to choose from. I think there are other homage variant covers for this issue whose cover art hasn't been released (hoping there's a Wolverine 340 homage). But I like this one, and not the others so far...so if I'm going to get one copy amongst all the variants, I'm liking this one.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio

Checking 7ate9comics now...will report back.

7ate9comics still has the virgin/trade set for the same price , as sad lemon but not the signed copies.
Post 19 IP   flag post
U da man @Drogio, got a set from across the pond. Thanks again for the heads up🍺
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
U da man @Drogio, got a set from across the pond. Thanks again for the heads up🍺

Signed or unsigned? Sent you a PM.

Glad to help you out!
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
I like the variants, but another cover swipe? C'mon, they could have done better.

Alos the original Mattina cover of BWL is very good, This one, hmm...I like the look, but why a backgorund character?

*shrugs*

Probably a requirement for the art.

Looks nice.....not so sure about the price though.

If compariing to other exclusives.....I'd say they are trying to get more out of the fan than they need to.

IMO.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Just got back home. I see I'm not the only one that had problems. Here's part of the email I sent them...

"Note the time on my order. Here is my question. I added the Virgin CGC SS remarked by Clayton Crain 249.95 to my cart. IT WAS IN THERE. By the time I added my new credit card information, it disappeared! What the hell??? I hope when I get my order below it’s a 9.8! That sucks!"

It was 3 minutes past the hour. I ended up getting the WEAPON H #1 CLAYTON CRAIN HULK 181 HOMAGE LIMITED VARIANT VIRGIN SIGNED CGC 9.6 OR BETTER 199.95.

It just pissed me off because it was in my cart... and then it wasn't. I'll post their reply when I get it. Hopefully tomorrow.
Post 23 IP   flag post
I've noticed in past offerings they've had that I've been able to add things to my cart a few minutes before they go on sale...I'm not sure if they just open it up early or if there's a glitch in their program. But I wonder if that's how items sell out so fast. Next time one of these comes up, and they been almost every weekend lately, I'll see if it's still happening.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster

We (The Comic Mint) are proud to present the art for Weapon H #1 variant with cover art by Clayton Crain!

This amazing Hulk 181 homage will go on sale Sunday January 28th at 2 PM EST

APPLY CODE HULKSMASH TO SAVE SITE WIDE TODAY ONLY

WWW.THECOMICMINT.COM

What is nice about this one is that Kevin/Franki3s actually got himself an OA of this cover
Post 25 IP   flag post
Sorry...OA? Original Artwork?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Sorry...OA? Original Artwork?

Yes
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
I’m not one for the virgin covers but I REALLY like this one. To each his own but I had to have it.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
It just pissed me off because it was in my cart... and then it wasn't. I'll post their reply when I get it. Hopefully tomorrow.

Here is the response I got.

Unfortunately the cart doesn’t save things in the way most online stores would.
I think your safest bet is to complete your purchase for a popular item as fast as possible,
You can always e-mail me in order to combine orders later on.
I wish you better luck next time!

IMO, that's not good enough.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector jdennis3 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Here is the response I got.

Unfortunately the cart doesn’t save things in the way most online stores would.
I think your safest bet is to complete your purchase for a popular item as fast as possible,
You can always e-mail me in order to combine orders later on.
I wish you better luck next time!

IMO, that's not good enough.

If having something in your cart saved an item then it would just be out of stock faster and all the people that purchased the item before you this time would probably have the item in their cart before you as well. IMO
Post 30 IP   flag post
597895 40 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?