Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkQuestions

Best Toploaders for 11 x 17 Original Art5379

Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
I wound up buying a few pieces of original art and now need fresh toploaders for them. Each piece is 11 x 17.

Which toploaders are the best, and which have a flap to close and tape down so the piece cannot slide out?

All input is welcome. Thanks.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Most of my art is in oversized Mylar sleeves. I think I bought Bill Cole product through a custom order at the local comic shop. Some of my art is oversized, so one size would work for all the pieces. These required completly different Mylar sleeves.

Also, mine are open on the top. I'm not worried about it sliding out.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I bought some at a large comicbook show. Hotflips had a booth there. They have the 11 x 17 size and they are pretty sturdy. They are just like the comic book top loaders but larger.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thanks for the info. I bought Ultra Pro toploaders from Amazon. The quality is good but they don't have a flap to close up top, like some others that came with OA I purchased. I like that flap for some reason, even though I agree @X51 that it's not likely the art will slip out.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
You can get a portfolio like the artist use for twenty bucks. That way you can keep the art more like a photo album. That's what I did with mine.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@drchaos, good idea. I'll give it a try, although I really like the rigidity of the toploaders.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs
@drchaos, good idea. I'll give it a try, although I really like the rigidity of the toploaders.
I use regular size top loaders for my comic book sketch covers. I have quite a few at this point since I live near the Joe Kubert School.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I like the "inert" nature of Mylar.
Post 8 IP   flag post
600906 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?