Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASP

IMPORTANT AW NOTICE5342

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Latest update from Mark Roman posted originally on Facebook. 01-22-2018

VERY IMPORTANT: Scorpion Comics (formerly New York Comics) are NOT CBCS approved facilitators and/or AWs, regardless of what they advise CBCS customers & AWs. Any AWs turning in books that were not witnessed by an approved AW and/or facilitator will be automatically suspended and possibly revoked from the CBCS AW Program. Thank you.

Later updated to:

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Care to tell us why? Sounds juicy, and you know we like juice.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
it like watching a move, and WTF just happened, did i miss something.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
So there business name is Scorpion comics, than who are the specific people that are employees or owners of this company that are no longer approved.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer
So there business name is Scorpion comics, than who are the specific people that are employees or owners of this company that are no longer approved.

Scorpion was set up at New York Comic Oon.

Thanks for the warning.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:

Thanks for the warning.

Thats not helping me figure out who these people are. I need names.

What if they are at a show walking around, and changed there business name again.
Post 6 IP   flag post
If I get any more concrete info, I'll pass it along. But for now, all I know is what was shared by Mark.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector IntoAnother private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Latest update from Mark Roman posted originally on Facebook. 01-22-2018

VERY IMPORTANT: Scorpion Comics (formerly New York Comics) are NOT CBCS approved facilitators and/or AWs, regardless of what they advise CBCS customers & AWs. Any AWs turning in books that were not witnessed by an approved AW and/or facilitator will be automatically suspended and possibly revoked from the CBCS AW Program. Thank you.

Hey Jesse,

1. Scorpion Comics is not “(formerly New York Comics)”. They are not the same company, New York Comics is still operating.

2. Stating something along the lines of “regardless of what they advise CBCS customers & AWs” as a Moderator is done in poor taste in my opinion. It can easily be seen as slander, and as you can see the pitch forks are already coming out and you didn’t even post a single fact about what may or may not have occurred.

If you ask me it’s more than likely just a misunderstanding that could easily be fixed through communicating with them.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@IntoAnother the posting that I copied comes direct from Mark Roman. He is the head of the CBCS AW program. Basically, this is an announcement from CBCS cautioning people to not use the services of Scorpion Comics (New York Comics) for their CBCS submissions. I'll see if I can get clarification on if they are the same business or not.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
While Scorpion and New York Comics are separate companies they may have some of the same owners or be related in some other fashion. For some reason I think one of them referred me to the other when I was attempting to obtain artist signatures. It was a very busy four days at NYCC so I don't recall all of the details.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@drchaos is correct. Both companies are associated with the same individual. No personal names will be announced by CBCS. If anything changes, CBCS will make further announcements.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Aren’t scorpion comics the guys down with Todd Mcfarlane allegedly? I believe they were at Ace in Long Island NY. I even met one of them who said he was a AW didn’t say if it was CGC or CBCS but I didn’t care because I was with my CBCS guys anyway.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacha777
Aren’t scorpion comics the guys down with Todd Mcfarlane allegedly? I believe they were at Ace in Long Island NY. I even met one of them who said he was a AW didn’t say if it was CGC or CBCS but I didn’t care because I was with my CBCS guys anyway.

New York Comics definitely had something with McFarlane for CGC. If the companies are indeed related it would follow that Scorpion has a similar deal.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O
I did notice that it was coming from Mark, yet my statements still stand. It is a poorly phrased announcement that can be seen as slander due to the lack of facts and false statement about them formerly being New York Comics.

A simple statement such as “Scorpion Comics are not approved by CBCS as facilitators or AW’s” would be just fine.

Instead we get something that starts off innacurately, lacks facts, and feels an awful lot like it’s personal. That’s not exactly professional, and certainly doesn’t provide a good image for the company.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the warning.

Looks like you saved yourself from being.....wait for it......wait....."stung!!"

C'mon...it was worth every second!!

Good luck doc.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@IntoAnother Here is the announcement from the Official CBCS Signature Programs (ASP/VSP) page on Facebook. The company in question went by New York Comics at the 2015 NYCC and then by Scorpion Comics at the 2017 TerrifiCon. Both booths were staffed by the same individuals. There is no slander, these are facts and they are accurate.

Post 16 IP   flag post
@IntoAnother I am guessing there was an incident at a recent show or event where this person or group did something to result in this statement. They may have done something not so innocent.
Post 17 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O

Individuals have every right to have more than one company. Both companies still exist and neither company is owned by all of the same owners.

Which means they are not the same company. It’s that simple.
Post 18 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoAnother
@Jesse_O
I did notice that it was coming from Mark, yet my statements still stand. It is a poorly phrased announcement that can be seen as slander due to the lack of facts and false statement about them formerly being New York Comics.

A simple statement such as “Scorpion Comics

are not approved by CBCS as facilitators or AW’s” would be just fine.

Instead we get something that starts off innacurately, lacks facts, and feels an awful lot like it’s personal. That’s not exactly professional, and certainly doesn’t provide a good image for the company.

Lol that’s not slander in any way go ahead I’m waiting to see a law suit they will laugh you out of court.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
@IntoAnother I am guessing there was an incident at a recent show or event where this person or group did something to result in this statement. They may have done something not so innocent.

Correct, you are guessing based off of a poorly written statement that fuels assumptions. It’s absurd and the announcement should be corrected.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Hanginglimbs private msg quote post Address this user
I think NY Comics has an exclusive deal with CGC, like how Comic Sketch Art is set up. I use them for my Mattina, Romita, and McFarlane sigs. Other than giving some questionable responses to requests or seeming short with you sometimes, they provide a fair price and good service from what I've seen.

I would imagine the confusions with them as a CBCS witnesses stems from a misunderstanding.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user

Post 22 IP   flag post
Mark has edited to original post.

Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector PovRow private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoAnother
@Jesse_O

A simple statement such as “Scorpion Comics

are not approved by CBCS as facilitators or AW’s” would be just fine.

Lol that’s not slander in any way go ahead I’m waiting to see a law suit they will laugh you out of court.

And not only that but it is not slander in any respect. Slander is spoken. "Libel" is written. (think libel as in library as in books as in written!)
Post 24 IP   flag post
598019 24 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?