Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

Giant sized xmen 1 with no price on cover,5340

Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
. Mind your own business, and stop trying to pick fights.

2. "Rubbing salt" in a SELF-inflicted wound is good for people to learn.

3. Saying "there, there, it's ok" to people's dumb mistakes hurts them. Saying "hey, that was a dumb move, what were you thinking?" helps them.

You wouldn't last 2 seconds on the CGC board

Sometimes I forget you are here to learn and punish the wrong. My apologies. Carry on.

*btw RMA I’ve been been on the CGC forum for years.

Mind your own business, and stop trying to pick fights.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
@DocBrown Quote:

I don't doubt you're right...but that's an assumption until proven, and doesn't absolve the buyer of the responsibility to do due diligence, right?

That’s true, buyer should perform their due dilligence. It’s just unethical to list it like that. I wouldn’t be surprised if it shows up on eBay again for around the same price lol

It depends on what the seller knows or doesn't know. At this point, if he/she is honest, they'll look into it. My gut says they know exactly what they're doing, but you never know until you know.

I suspect the cover price was excised, and the indicia marked out, by a misguided person who thought "well, this is worth more than 50 cents, but if I leave the prices on their, someone may try and buy it for that much!"

I'd say it's 99.99924% certain of coming back restored...at the very least, that area where the cover price was will cause a massive grade hit. A shame, too, because it's not a bad book, all things considered.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
That’s what you have to do, it took from this morning until now to get this figured out. If this was an error issue, would have lost it, but with eBay I can secure it, do the necessary research and if it’s not what is is, cancel the transaction. The seller is wiser, and I’m not poorer. I do appreciate all your help with this. Better to resolve it now than to have it shipped and then return it

By the way..."securing it" by hitting the BIN and THEN doing your due diligence is also unethical. The chance to "lose it" is the risk you take. You're blocking other buyers from having the chance to buy it, and then deciding you don't want it after all.

That's not how the system is designed to work. That's not fair to other buyers, and it's not fair to the seller, regardless of what other issues the seller might have.
Post 78 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

3. Saying "there, there, it's ok" to people's dumb mistakes hurts them. Saying "hey, that was a dumb move, what were you thinking?" helps them.

Sometimes I forget you are here to learn and punish the wrong. My apologies. Carry on.

Im not trying to pick fights here, that was my entire original point. Telling me to stop doing what I called you out for is a clever deflection

Carry on, im not looking to get a vacation tonight 🤯 . No point going in circles.
Post 79 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I scored this one at a cheap price today:

Post 80 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke nice pickup! Looking forward to seeing the before/after pics of this one 🍺
Post 81 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
I scored this one at a cheap price today:

Nice! I've got a #1 and #94, still looking for a good price for that one.
Post 82 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I’ll post photos when I’m done with it
Post 83 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
There is also the 1965 version that had 69 pages instead of 68.

Post 84 IP   flag post
haha
Post 85 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Im not trying to pick fights here, that was my entire original point. Telling me to stop doing what I called you out for is a clever deflection

Carry on, im not looking to get a vacation tonight 🤯 . No point going in circles.

Post 86 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Don't ring the bell, am getting 🍿
Post 87 IP   flag post
If you care about people, you tell them the truth. If you hate people, you lie to them. Trying to "spare people's feelings" hurts them, and is ultimately an act of hatred and contempt.

Getting offended and indignant with people who tell the truth is indicative of which kind of person you really are.
Post 88 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
Just got this in the mail today, price is on there.

Where's my finders fee X-Force #1?

J/K
Post 89 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
If you care about people, you tell them the truth. If you hate people, you lie to them. Trying to "spare people's feelings" hurts them, and is ultimately an act of hatred and contempt.

Getting offended and indignant with people who tell the truth is indicative of which kind of person you really are.

LOL! A guy at work came up to me once and said "I know what you are saying about me. You're telling people I'm stupid." I looked him straight in the eye and said "You are the dumbest <expletive deleted> that I've ever met in my life." He was stunned. He paused. He said "I'm not that dumb am I?" I said "Yes, you are."

My rule of thumb is that I don't intentionally go out of my way to hurt people's feelings, but if they ask I won't hide the truth.
Post 90 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
We're getting far afield here. Just sayin.
Post 91 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Agreed
Post 92 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

That's a false dichotomy though. You can spare people's feelings AND tell the truth at the same time. It's called tact. It just takes more effort and emotional maturity from the messenger.
Post 93 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkga +1
Post 94 IP   flag post
Would you tell your mother that last night your wife said she was a biatch?

Would yo tell your best friend that his wife was cheating on him?

Would you tell your boss you just didn't feel like coming in because he is a jerk and you need a break from his jerkism? (Yea, I made that word up)

Tactfulness, diplomacy and minding your own business are good traits to have.

Wish I could do more of them myself. But I am flawed.

A lot.
Post 95 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak

Would you tell your best friend that his wife was cheating on him?

I'm going to have to say yes to this one. I'd want him to do the same for me. However, I would break it to him easy.
Post 96 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga
Quote:

I'm going to have to say yes to this one. I'd want him to do the same for me. However, I would break it to him easy.

I agree, and that is exactly what I did 30 years ago.

You sir, would make a good friend.
Post 97 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

That's a false dichotomy though. You can spare people's feelings AND tell the truth at the same time. It's called tact. It just takes more effort and emotional maturity from the messenger.

I never said anything about a lack of tact.

I never said anything about going out of your way to be an asshole.

"Sparing people's feelings", in the sense that I've used it here, is about HIDING the truth from them, not delivering it in an indelicate manner.

Distinctions matter. So, no, no "false dichotomy" here.
Post 98 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Would yo tell your best friend that his wife was cheating on him?

Depends on who she is cheating with
Post 99 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

This goes without saying, and "tact", or its lack thereof, isn't the issue.
Post 100 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
Just got this in the mail today, price is on there.

Where's my finders fee X-Force #1?

J/K

I got it bro, thx for the find. Just tell me when u want me to mail it. Don’t open the poly bag or else lose 9.8 status

Post 101 IP   flag post
"No, honey...you're not fat at all. I love you just the way you are", as her BMI is 32? A lie that will kill her eventually. "Sparing her feelings" leads to an early grave.

"You're a fat tub o' lard, jelly roll!" Rude, insensitive, lacking in tact, which will hurt her feelings, and generally accomplish nothing.

"Honey...we have to address your weight. It's killing you, and I don't want to see that." Telling the truth, which will hurt her feelings, and may save her life.

Distinctions matter. Should I say...ALL distinctions matter...?
Post 102 IP   flag post
(I'm pretty sure the GSXM #1 issue is dead and done by now, no...?)
Post 103 IP   flag post
Yet, you still post.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Pick your fights elsewhere, km.

You want to have an adult discussion, I'm with you.

You want to take jabs, go find somebody else.
Post 105 IP   flag post
597876 110 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?