Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

Giant sized xmen 1 with no price on cover,5340

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
wondering about this book, has on interior giant sized xmen 1 1975, haven’t seen a reprint like this, do you know anything about it
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
pictures?
Post 2 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3 IP   flag post
Let me know if you see them
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
can you do a closer shot of the indicia?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
The price could have been removed, or it could be an error. Take a close look below the issue number, are there any erasure marks?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Doesn’t look like it’s been erased, maybe an error
Post 7 IP   flag post
That’s all the pics I have
Post 8 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Could use a press/clean
Post 9 IP   flag post
If it is an error what kind of value
Post 10 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
people like me collect error and defect items so I would be interested
Post 11 IP   flag post
Will need more picrures. Is this a book you are thinking about buying, or do you already own it?
Post 12 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 - See if you can get a picture that shows the spine. The 50 cents price is also on the spine right next to where it is supposed to be on the front cover.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting, I know it's not, but that's what the UNCANNY X-MEN OMNIBUS VOL #1 looks like.

HARDCOVER
Post 14 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
hmmm I wonder if it's restored with a photocopy cover of that omnibus edition cover
Post 15 IP   flag post
interesting theory
Post 16 IP   flag post
I couldn't get go the pics myself, but if you take the evidence:

- omnibus cover look a like
- no cost on cover
- CC logo is in a different position
- older looking copy rough about 3.0-4.0
- clearly comic book size

One guess - that it could be a first run issue, released before the the price change occurred, which wE corrected after the error was caught,

May I ask, where did you find it at?

Interesting.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Coming from Hawaii, it’s being shipped tomorrow he is going to take a picture of the spine after 8 when he gets home, I’ll keep you updated. Thanks for all the imput
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
Coming from Hawaii, it’s being shipped tomorrow he is going to take a picture of the spine after 8 when he gets home, I’ll keep you updated. Thanks for all the imput

Oooooo....a new find!!

You'll have to fill us in on the real details.

Hope you make out good!

Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
wtf, GSX in my hometown and I missed it? Lol
Post 20 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
That is really odd.

It almost looks like someone erased it and touched up the spine there

Hopefully not, and you just have some super rare error book!
Post 21 IP   flag post
Back in the late 80’s I bought a batman 2 with a 15 cent cover, gary cater had a magazine called the comic book marketplace did a layout for it. I think there are 3 known copies. Had 800 Inyo the book, traded it for a fun of Spider-Man 1-42, a run of fantastic four 1-44, and a beautiful copy of tales of suspense 30,had it slabbed last year and came back a 8.5. That was my holy grail outside of buying a Captain America 1 for 1000 a few years later
Post 22 IP   flag post
Tales of suspense 39, so sausage fingers are hard to type with
Post 23 IP   flag post
From the cover picture, it looks like there are at least two specks of black ink in the price area. One occurs where the bottom of the ‘5’ would be and the other where the bottom of the vertical stroke would be in the ‘cents’ symbol. If so, it means possible erasure.

Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
photocopy cover

that is correct fake photocopy cover, look how the cover is staple. same with other staple

Post 25 IP   flag post
@Scorpion

That’s the way the square bound books were stapled.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
Covers are not stapled on Giant size comics. They are glued on.
Post 27 IP   flag post
@Homer

Yes, and the interior is stapled.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
Giant sized xmen 1

i take it back, you are correct on that staple. forgot that was a square bound book
here a real one. of the staple. still think it a fake cover.

Post 29 IP   flag post
I paid 450 for the book, he was oblivious about the price not being there, so I don’t think that the price was erased and touched up, doesn’t make sense
Post 30 IP   flag post
601204 110 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?