Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector FrankItaly92 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello guys! Is there any Italian among you? I'm going to send some comics to the CBCS for graduation and I would like some help on the procedure! Above all I can not understand the issue concerning the export / import of comics. The customer service told me that a form is needed that indicates that the comics are sent for evaluation and not for sale. But I do not know how I can do it! Who should I contact to get this form? Does anyone have experience about it? Thank you!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I've bought comics from Italy which was a pain because I don't use paypal.
It sounds like you need a form from the post office, but I may not be understanding your question.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
AS X51 says your first point of contact is your postal service. Also you may get some information from your customs office. The internet is, of course, the best place to get some background information before you set off to the local post or customs office.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Its a customs thing; they want to make sure you somebody pays duties and/or import/export tax if you were sending the comics one way. Since its for evaluation & return, you should be able to fill out a form & avoid paying the tax/duties.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
I've sent in comics to CBCS from England and never had any customs charges for doing so.

When CBCS sends them back they explain on the customs forms that these are the recipient's own comics being returned after evaluation/grading and have never had to pay any fees this way either.

(As an aside "Books,comics and magazines" are exempt from any import tax/duties to the UK when buying from other countries).

Each country has its own set of rules so research is never a bad idea.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector FrankItaly92 private msg quote post Address this user
thanks for the help guys! Tomorrow I'll call a post office and I'll try to solve the problem. I keep you updated
Post 6 IP   flag post
598076 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?