Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Superman #1000. Who's in for multiples?5312

Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard
clickable text

His midsection looks weird. Disappointed in this one.
Post 151 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
@cseale0223 This isn't George Perez at his best, unfortunately... Given his health issues, I guess it's not a surprise. They could also have gone quick sketch style like Jim Lee, though. Who knows!
Post 152 IP   flag post
@thelastbard I hear you. A sketch would have been better. I already preordered it before the image was released since Im a big fan of George. I think the Jock chewing cover is the best.
Post 153 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
oh my god just stop already, please. its just getting worse and worse.

we get AMAZING sht for dumb variant titles, but all of THIS is what we get for Action Comics #1000.

My head is going to explode if one more bad cover is posted. It may just explode anyways.
Post 154 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer Well, I know there's an Artgerm one coming that I won't pick up... Is that something you really want to see? Ha ha ha...
Post 155 IP   flag post

Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
The Artgerm cover can't be worse than whats already out there.
Post 156 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
With all these comments, I'm now contemplating what the actual print amount will be - across the board for the entire print of this issue.

The secrecy sort of ties in or is similar to some previous milestones.

Hmmmmmm....Ltd cover exposure, not great covers, ltd artist exposure, not great artist presented covers....

This is either going to go one way or another......IMO.

Cheers!
Post 157 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
I'm inclined to believe it will be a mass over print and zero value... I'd imagine dc hoping each fan picks up 2 or 3 different variants and some picking up all... In addition probably planning for non supes fans to buy piles too. ( there's probably still a heap of non collectors who will buy this thinking it will be worth something because its #1000) So there will probably be a lot printed.

And yet, not one worth being displayed. Nuts
Post 158 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaComicsGuy
The Artgerm cover can't be worse than whats already out there.

Can't wait to see supergirls head on supermans body...

They did tell AG that it's a superMAN cover, right?
Post 159 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@cseale0223 This isn't George Perez at his best, unfortunately... Given his health issues, I guess it's not a surprise. They could also have gone quick sketch style like Jim Lee, though. Who knows!

Do you think it's a health issue thing? I mean, it's terrible, don't get me wrong. But it looks almost like he just made weird decisions, rather than not being able to execute. Like he's going for some sort of stylistic version of Supes.

I'm a BIG fan of Perez, especially back in the day, but this is just terrible. What's up next? Dell'Otto's doing one, right? What about Ross? Or, I dunno ... Kaare Andrews? He's good when he wants to be. Or how about Lee Weeks? Bill Sienkiewicz? Neal Adams circa 1972? (I've attacked a GREAT cover by Weeks I just found. If only...)

Post 160 IP   flag post
Sadly I've found this generic placeholder image for covers not yet released has been better than the actual covers to date...

Post 161 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I grew up a huge DC fan and didn't even read Marvels until I was like 12 or 13. I even own a Superman #100, but will probably not own #1000. I haven't seen a single cover yet that warrants its inclusion on such a significant comic. In fact, most of the covers shown are just plain awful.
Post 162 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Based on how many good DC "B" covers there have been during Rebirth, I would have thought these would have been an easy layup. Apparently not. I am still hoping that Middleton's cover (80s) will look good. I haven't seen it released yet. If that one's a no go, then I'll probably grab just cover A as part of my normal pull list and be done with it.
Post 163 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Too bad Micheal Turner has passed away. I really liked some of his Superman art. It would be interesting to see what he would have done.
Post 164 IP   flag post
Not sure if it been posted but just saw this and really want it. Fabok action comics 1000 cover

Post 165 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Wow...I feel real bad about ordering 2 of these covers - if they had released the images before the order was due I would have not placed an order for any - should have just stayed away from DC (and Marvel for that fact) Moderns and the eternal reboot cycle is a wasteland.
Post 166 IP   flag post
The covers make me wonder if dc have enough in the tank to be able to create another 1000 supes comics... Generic trash..

There musnt be anything interesting happening inside the covers
Post 167 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Sadly I've found this generic placeholder image for covers not yet released has been better than the actual covers to date...

I originally thought this was the cover for the hardcover. It's definitely better than the one they settled on.

I wish we could just get a super detailed painted cover recreation of Action 1.
Post 168 IP   flag post
@Tedsaid I don't know if it's health or not... Just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, since it was just a few months ago that he had to bow out of a bunch of appearances and he's just getting back into things.

That Lee Weeks art is NICE! Would love to see a cover from him.
Post 169 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
That Lee Weeks art is NICE! Would love to see a cover from him.

I know, right? The color version is great, too.

Weeks has actually been drawing comics since the 80's and I had no idea. Totally flew under my radar. I guess I "discovered" how great his art is with, I think Daredevil: Dark Nights, when I bought the trade last year. Though it may have been the Batman + Elmer Fudd issue when I first noticed him. Anyway, I'm a big fan now. His framing is just fantastic.

Here's a throwback cover of his from 1988. Great stuff.

Post 170 IP   flag post
Here it is.

What do you think he's watching?

A little manspreading going on...
Post 171 IP   flag post
Looks like he's trying to work out why the armrests are different heights. "Hmm ... maybe it's a Kryptonian thing?"
Post 172 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Here it is.

Sorry, which cover is this one? Is this Middleton 80s cover?
Post 173 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Cho and Fabok for the win so far.

Is that the D’O cover? Not his best work. Not terrible though
Post 174 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Meh
Post 175 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
According to Bulletproofs web site, this is the Del Otto cover for issue #1000

I'm passing on ANY 1000's thus far. Unless y'all tell me the story is dynamite.

I think, like Supergirl #13, Del Otto is sending a subliminal sex message there. Which will sell. Always does.
Post 176 IP   flag post
Collector donho private msg quote post Address this user
and bulletproof is already sold out
Post 177 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Hmmm....sort of lacking for Del'Otto.....if you were to compare to hos Venom covers.

La Rosa would put out a good one....if he had the chance....
Post 178 IP   flag post
@donho it’s not on sale until the 13th.
Post 179 IP   flag post
Quote:
Here it is.

that's a lot less dynamic than what usually can expect from a del ' otto cover...

If only someone had supes in action with heat vision welding the 1000 number or punching throwing the car from action #1 through the issue number or something.

All the covers are just plain boring
Post 180 IP   flag post
597884 425 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?