Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Superman #1000. Who's in for multiples?5312

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Nice article. One quibble: the "prestige format" is not the same as a hardcover. Prestige format is (as you put it) "floppy," like The Dark Knight Returns, Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters, Batman: Harley Quinn, etc.

Prestige format is actually the format the regular comic (not the hardcover) will take, with a $7.99 cover price.

I like the terminology you use, by the way, calling it Action 1k. Also, can I go back in time and take a tour of the DC offices? I would love some free art. (Disney and Warner Bros used to do this, too, with animation cels.)

Thanks for that, Ted and you're absolutely right. It's funny, I was going back through to add some words to make the piece at least 300 words and I added that in kind of on a whim and an afterthought lol I just took it out!

Visiting the offices back then would have been an amazing experience for sure
Post 51 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Checking on the usual suspects (Frankie’s, comic mint, unknown comics, etc) I’m not seeing any exclusives out there yet. DC may have put the kibosh on that for this issue
Post 52 IP   flag post
Just ordering ONE of each standard cover puts me at $79.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Im getting Steranko and Allred...not sure who else...but not all of them...maybe 3 or 4 max
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
@shrewbeer holy hell!
Post 55 IP   flag post

@shrewbeer Please tell me you're at least pre-ordering someplace that gives you a healthy discount!!!
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
Uncanny comic shop has a Tony Daniel cover for preorder.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard
@shrewbeer Please tell me you're at least pre-ordering someplace that gives you a healthy discount!!!

My LCS is pretty good to me. This is still gonna hurt seeing as I have yet to encounter all the 3rd party variants as well lol.

I was hoping to order multiples of each variant to ensure 9.8s, but at ten variations to start, nope.
Post 58 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer Yeah, that would be quite painful! With the dilution of the overall print run by the number of covers, who knows which ones will be hot, especially since all of them haven't been revealed, we don't know how retailers will order, etc... The main, Jim Lee, cover will be overprinted, but it will sell-out, of course. With the page count, the spines are going to be a mess. The solicit doesn't say anything about it being prestige format, so it's going to be tough to get a 9.8 without sifting through copies.

So.... fun times! I think I'll end up pre-ordering one main and wing-it on the rest. Bwa ha ha.
Post 59 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga
Quote:
What is the highest Action Comics issue number that you think will occur in your lifetime?

My guess is #1010.

I just caught this... continue thinking positive man. We're all rooting for you!

Probably kill Superman (again) in issue 1010 or whatever number they get to. And play it up big like the end of Life With Archie.

no. i don't think they will "kill" him permanently. They will just encase him in adamantium metal with him holding a life giving stone for about three years. and while this is going on, or not going on, because its ridiculous to do anything while you're encased in the hardest metal on earth, they will "hint" that superman is not dead by having a brand new series called "Old Man Kent". i am telling you, i should copy right this material because "no one" has ever done it.
Post 60 IP   flag post
@JustThatGuy Well, with the success of OML and Old Man Hawkeye (Old Man Barton), and even how people like old Bruce in Batman Beyond, I don't see why they don't keep Old Clark around from Earth 2 or Kingdom Come or wherever it is they decided he's from with all of the events... Did they kill him off? I haven't kept track of his comings and goings this time around. Oops! Regardless, why not give him a depressing series?
Post 61 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I'm waiting to see what a Dell Otto cover looks like. Probably will buy a couple of those. I would buy those in the blind (sight unseen). Not impressed so far with the covers, but so many I haven't seen yet.
Post 62 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
I ordered the Steranko and Rude covers. I don’t like the Lee cover.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Do we at least know if we're getting an Action Comics #1 homage cover? We kinda have to, right?
Post 64 IP   flag post
Steve Rude is doing the 1930’s cover, so I’m hoping that’s an homage cover.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Preview are due in 5 days, its a bit irritating the covers have not been revealed yet; especially given the price point.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
I will buy 1 copy. That will be enough for me.

Yes!
I may....MAY...buy the Steranko cover, if, and only if, my shop has it - otherwise I'll skip Superman like I usually do

It's in previews catalogue this month. Just order what you want ahead of time. Make it better for you.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Can someone start a list of all the variant covers, both direct and exclusives...and keep it updated in a thread (maybe this one) as more covers get added? I'd love to see that.

I wonder if Action 1000 will top Star Wars issues #1 (Marvel, 2016?) for most variant covers for a first printing. Anyone know what that total was? It's up there.
Post 68 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard
With the page count, the spines are going to be a mess. The solicit doesn't say anything about it being prestige format, so it's going to be tough to get a 9.8 without sifting through copies.

Reading through the rest of my preview book this month, it does say that Action #1000 will be square bound prestige format.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Midtown Comics variant
clickable text
Post 70 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidM
Midtown Comics variant
clickable text

No picture that I can find on that link, for a variant 1000.
Post 71 IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
@conditionfreak it didn’t show up for me either. I just searchedaction comics 1000 and it showed up. No art yet.
Post 72 IP   flag post
Yep. Almost useless without a picture.
Post 73 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidM
Midtown Comics variant
clickable text

No picture that I can find on that link, for a variant 1000.

I haven't seen any pictures of any variants either. I only posted that to add to the list of possible variants. Midtown Comics just announced it.
Post 74 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I'm waiting to see what a Dell Otto cover looks like. Probably will buy a couple of those. I would buy those in the blind (sight unseen). Not impressed so far with the covers, but so many I haven't seen yet.

I'm wondering if there will be a LaRosa cover.

That may be a limited one if he does.
Post 75 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
My LCS is offering 25% when you pre-order all 10 covers. That's all 10 covers for $59.99--save $20. I'm in. I'm more of a traditionalist. I don't think change is always a good thing. Popeye, Bugs Bunny and Superman. For me, I say leave the OG's alone. If someone wants to play around with them for a while and reimagine them, that's fine. Just change them back when you're done
Post 76 IP   flag post
Summit comics just announced a variant by George Perez. EVERYONE is getting in on this action.

Also of note, they said “we will share the cover as soon as we are legally allowed”; which explains the dark we’ve all been in so far.

They posted this cool poster as well

Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
I count 1000 covers....what about the variants?!?
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector Pacoma7623 private msg quote post Address this user
My summit comics in lansing michigan getting the perez variant.when 1st approached about it,it came off as a "hey!,u want in on this exclusive we gonna get just for summit?"i was like "YEAH!SCHWEET!".We're getting 2500!doesnt seem too rare.still gonna grab 1.ur summit in lansing or ft.wayne?or is there more summits out there?
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacoma7623
My summit comics in lansing michigan getting the perez variant.when 1st approached about it,it came off as a "hey!,u want in on this exclusive we gonna get just for summit?"i was like "YEAH!SCHWEET!".We're getting 2500!doesnt seem too rare.still gonna grab 1.ur summit in lansing or ft.wayne?or is there more summits out there?
Hey there. @Pacoma7623. I am driving through there and heading to Dorr this weekend. I see Lansing, Grand Rapids and Wyoming have a few shops. Looking for older high grade Bronze and/or a place with a larger new book selection that carries multiple of DC A and B covers and variants. What would be your recommendations for places to check out?
Post 80 IP   flag post
600740 425 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?