Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Superman #1000. Who's in for multiples?5312

COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
LMAO superman got extra chromosomes now? 🤣
Post 301 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I really cannot take any of these seriously. If this is the best DC can do for this historic issue, over saturate comic shops with a plethora of mediocre covers, they might as well fold up shop.

Another example (sorry if this one has aready been posted, They are so forgettable that I can’t keep track).

Post 302 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo hadn't seen that one...whose he artist? Almost looks like a blank variant sketch...er..caricature actually...
Post 303 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
I really cannot take any of these seriously. If this is the best DC can do for this historic issue, over saturate comic shops with a plethora of mediocre covers, they might as well fold up shop.

Another example (sorry if this one has aready been posted, They are so forgettable that I can’t keep track).

this can't be a legit cover... Surely..
Post 304 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
Quote:

Bad....just bad.

Sheez. DC has got to be hiding something. Sounds like a well thought out plot to dismay, and then ....TA-DA....a big surprise.

You heard it here first....*winks*....
Post 305 IP   flag post

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
@esaravo hadn't seen that one...whose he artist? Almost looks like a blank variant sketch...er..caricature actually...

The artist is Ken Haeser. You can buy a remarked version for only $80! I am sure quantities are limited.
Post 306 IP   flag post
DC wanted an epic, unforgettable event. They are surely getting it, just not for the right reasons.

Whats the over/under on how many months it’ll take for an Action 1000 to show up in a dollar bin?
Post 307 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Absolutely legit. And don’t call me Shirley.
Post 308 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
DC wanted an epic, unforgettable event. They are surely getting it, just not for the right reasons.

Whats the over/under on how many months it’ll take for an Action 1000 to show up in a dollar bin?

Has anyone seen a cover that they think is an awesome / must have #1000 cover? I haven't.
Post 309 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I think that at this point, we all want to get one or some. But it is now about which is the least objectionable cover. I have not seen one yet that is anywhere near special or enticing.

Someone will buy at least one copy of them all. It is the fear of losing out if one or more gets sought after.

Many of us have that disease.
Post 310 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I have no interest in owning the issue at all. Even if the covers were good, I wouldn't want to own it. That being said, these covers are horrid.
Post 311 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaComicsGuy
Quote:

Has anyone seen a cover that they think is an awesome / must have #1000 cover? I haven't.

The closest I've seen is the Jock cover, but only from forbidden planet exclusives (U.K.) that are signed by jock (virgin and trade dress). Everything else is $1 bin fodder.
Post 312 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

IMO - the teaser ad is the best so far!!

:o)
Post 313 IP   flag post
Jim Lee variant cover will have first cover appearance of new villain.. Probably the only one really worth considering owning as a non reader copy
Post 314 IP   flag post
Quote:
Jim Lee variant cover will have first cover appearance of new villain.. Probably the only one really worth considering owning as a non reader copy

Yep, this one could actually be good if inked correctly. Anyone seen it yet?

Post 315 IP   flag post
Now this Lee art....worthy.....let's get Palimotti on this asap!
Post 316 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

I've seen one I might buy because it's not too bad. Hardly a ringing endorsement...😎
Post 317 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Absolutely legit. And don’t call me Shirley.

Ok, this one takes the cake. This has to be a colossal practical joke or we've entered the Twilight Zone.
Post 318 IP   flag post

Post 319 IP   flag post
Maybe these are all bizzaro issue 1000s....
Post 320 IP   flag post
Hey guys!!! They FINALLY got it right!!!!!!!

I know I'm excited!!!!😎
Post 321 IP   flag post
*Snickers*
Eh-eh-eh-eh!!!
Post 322 IP   flag post
I ordered 10 copies from MeltDownComix.commie. I understand a variant embossed, lenticular, holographic, gold embedded issue signed by Supley himself will be released...😎
Post 323 IP   flag post
The amount of variants for this edition now is plain silly
Post 324 IP   flag post
anything short of 1000 variants is a disappointment.
Post 325 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Dynamic Forces has a Dan Jurgens cover that is passable

Post 326 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZosoRocks
@shrewbeer

This one?

IMO - best one yet!!

:o)

Hey DC! Make this the cover and give a bonus to whomever designed it. The placeholder image is by far my favorite.
Post 327 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
anything short of 1000 variants is a disappointment.

LOL....and that magical "1000th issue of the 1000th variant will be serial numbered and signed with COA as #1000/1000.

Oooooo....mine!....hebehe
Post 328 IP   flag post
Take the worst cover (won't be easy deciding which one that is) and have Stan Lee sign it. Maybe get him to inscribe it with something like "DC sucks"
Post 329 IP   flag post
Ironically if DC just would have put three zeroes after the "1" and swapped out the 10 cent price for $8.99, this cover Woukd likely be the most popular.

Post 330 IP   flag post
600777 425 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?