Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
QuestionsSignatures

Best investment5310

COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@MR_SigS sarcasm.
Post 201 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@MR_SigS Sealed Poly Bag on comic= 9.8

Everyone knows this. Please rethink collecting comic books, lol.
Post 202 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Emojis!! How difficult is it to get more??

*blush*
Post 203 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I have 50 X-Force #1's in the bags.

Guess what Santa is bringing you next year.
Post 204 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
@MR_SigS sarcasm.

Oops, I get that now.

@Comicnewbie in case you missed it too... Sarcasm.

Hate for you to mistake it as a serious statement, being new and all.
Post 205 IP   flag post

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
ASM #129 is no doubt a Super Key book and one I would love to have myself.

On the other hand it is already super expensive even in nice mid-grades (8.0-9.0)

The thing with me is that the book seems to be very plentiful and Im not to sure how much more upside there can be with it.

Ha! I've been saying that for YEARS about ASM #129 and Hulk #181. I used to say that back when I worked at a comic store, 30 years ago. And still, they keep going up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944

Regardless what book you decide to lay your hard earned cash down for. Make sure you don't waste your money on one with an Off Centered cover. Regardless what anybody says, a centered cover is much more desirable book.

Good point. And try to get white pages if you can. Those always sell for a premium.
Post 206 IP   flag post
Collector Comicnewbie private msg quote post Address this user
Yep got it
Post 207 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Comicnewbie - I have a few newsstand Wolverines at CBCS right now. I doubt any will come back 9.8. I will probably sell some of my extra copies.

and if they did come back 98 and were for sale, someone knows who to call

I'm STILL short #2 and #3!

Jacob, I’d be happy to make up a 9.6 set of Wolverine 1-4 Newsstand for myself!

But I literally have hundreds of Bronze Age issues of all types that are Newsstand Editions. Most are ungraded. But if there are certain issues of a title that you are looking for, send me an email or a text and I would be happy to look for you. For example, would you be interested in a Tales of the Green Lantern Corps #1 (1981)?
Post 208 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
To give you an idea as to what to pay: Wolverine 1 has a 6 month average of $244 & Omega Men 3 is at $167.

I'd say Omega Men has more room to grow, but that Wolverine cover is so iconic. It's a matter of personal preference. Which do you like?

I would say Omega Men 3 is the better choice. Even though Wolverine was a limited (4 issues?) series, they would have still produced the hell out of a number one issue. So the supply is probably way less on a number three. Also, I believe Omega Men was the high-quality format ... direct sales only? That was still a relatively new thing. (I may be mis-remembering.)

Anyway, someone else said Lobo is undervalued, and I agree. One of these days soon I'm gonna have to go dig up my run of Omega Men, see if I kept it in decent condition all these years.
Post 209 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
I feel sick....I broke down and got a copy of Teen Titans 12 (and not to get a better copy of my 1966 run), the new one, with the S&M Batman that everyone is going crazy over, that will probably never be used again once this series is over with. Not for investing but because I don't want to miss out on a new character that I don't really care about

Only paid $15 - says NM - we'll see when it gets here.....

You did alright, assuming it does come in at 9.4 or better. I saw a 9.8 CGC copy went for over $200 on the bay.

Actually $275 with shipping.

I sent mine out for grading last week. Man, I hope those prices hold. Mine should come back a 9.8 and if it does, I'm gonna sell that thing just as fast as I can. TBWL's is cool and all, but how does he stay? He's basically a worse, more demented version of Joker? You can't have two Jokers running around.

I feel you, though, Drogio. I recently bought Batman White Knight #3 and Green Lanterns #38 for the same reason. It's an addiction. And when I get TT #12 back and it's a 9.8? I'm gonna have a real hard time parting with it, for no good reason at all.
Post 210 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicnewbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicnewbie
Hi all. Original starter of this thread here. Not sure if that's good or bad lol. I wanted to get some opinions on ASM 43 CGC 8.5 offered for $200. Good deal? My buddy who I've been telling him about this saga, saw it and wants it. He is an ASM fan according to him. Thanks.

Checked out eBay sales and go gocollect.com (average about $200 last 16 sales). Recent bid auctions have it for slightly less...buy it nows about $250. If it's white pages seems a good deal. If it's off white then you might do better to wait for a bidding auction to come up...

It's OW-W. Good?

White pages are better and more sought after (hold better value). Ow-w is better than just OW...i would not go lower Than off white-white from an investment perspective unless it's a super key hard to find/acquire book. That's me, though.
Post 211 IP   flag post
Collector EngineJoe private msg quote post Address this user
Hey bud, you looking for a raw black error cover venom lethal protector? I’ll part with mine for the right price lol! Pm me if interested.
Post 212 IP   flag post
600902 212 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?