Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature VSP

Y is there not a graded and sign price forum5289

Collector Buzbe private msg quote post Address this user
With most collector they have a favor artist or writer, series or character that they like to collect. With that said most collectors see having merchandise signed by the creator(s) a honor and are willing to pay hard earned money for this privilege. In most cases when there arise a need to liquide these item the value is often left up to supply and demand along with estimated price assessed by the buyer and how cheap the can get it for. My question is this why has no company or individual started a sight that evaluates the market and the other factors the go in to collected item, e.i. grading, signing cost, quality of signature, market availability, availability of collecting this signature and help stabilize the market as a whole? Many companies are around that will verify the artwork(signature). So who is the first line on putting a grade on it? and why do we not have a central point of pricing like Overstreet, or am i just blind and not seeing the pond in the forest?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@Buzbe www.comicspriceguide.com I use them; its updated semi-regularly, the staff is fairly responsive, a nice internal marketplace, and I've had positive interactions w/ other members.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
GPA Analysis and CGC Census are good resources.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Buzbe private msg quote post Address this user
these are great site to help get a ballpark, but my feel i that i need the at the batter's box with a more month to month analysis of signatures and the worth on what kind of grading case e.i... cgc 9.2, vs. pgx 9.9 or vs unprofessionally graded.
just look for less work. I may be wrong but like overstreet and comicpriceguide most would be willing to pay for this service. who know may one of these guys could price the graded series.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Im not a fan of signatures on my books and I believe with the amount of signing that goes on the supply out weights the demand on of these modern day signers.
Post 5 IP   flag post
600644 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?