Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop CultureQuestionsSigning Opportunities

Chandler Riggs Sig5277

Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user
I have The Walking Dead number #2 first print I have the opportunity to meet Chandler Riggs . if it was you would you rather get it signed or leave it unsigned ? it is not the walking dead weekly series
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector vacaboca private msg quote post Address this user
I wouldn't have him sign a #2! I'd have him sign a later issue with Carl on the cover maybe... #2 is really pricey, and I think a Riggs signature would make it less attractive to me. Just my opinion of course... I slabbed my #1 and #2, too pricey to let anyone get their mitts or pens on them now.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Menoth79 private msg quote post Address this user
I..couldn't..pass..up..on..Tony Moore signing mine though. Still have to slab em.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Creators are another thing altogether - I got meet Cliff Rathburn last year and had him sign my Here's Negan issue... even there I might not have if I didn't already have another copy though. If I get a book signed I really prefer to also have an unsigned copy.

I can't crap on a Tony Moore sig though
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
If it's for your personal collection, and you like the signature, do it. But if you're getting it signed for resale purposes, I would not get it signed.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despain
If it's for your personal collection, and you like the signature, do it. But if you're getting it signed for resale purposes, I would not get it signed.

Why do you think his signature wouldn't add to the resale price of the book?
Post 6 IP   flag post
It was an amazing experience though! How about looking for a Peruvian variant 2 for Riggs to sign. It is the same cover for the most part. They should still be on Ebay. It has been some time since I purchased them. I know they had a limited printing. Hopeful get one for $20. That would look pretty once it is slabbed.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despain

Why do you think his signature wouldn't add to the resale price of the book?

Not everyone wants a signed comic, so that may or may not limit potential buyers. It's not uncommon for unsigned comics to actually sell for more than signed ones. And on a valuable issue like WD #2, I would not take the risk.

The issue is the first appearance of Carl, and Chandler Riggs did play the character on television, but Riggs had no hand in creating that issue. It would be like having Hugh Jackman sign Incredible Hulk 181 (yuck).
Post 8 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I got a nice price on a WD 144 signed by Rosita from the TV show. I also found WD books signed by Kirkman not only carry a higher premium but seem to sell faster. If it was me I would have Riggs sign the book but I would probably look at GPA results before pulling the trigger.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Ehh...144 and 2 have a much different value. Best to keep the 2 unsigned me thinks.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Despain has the right perspective I think... I think the sig reduces your buyer pool significantly (any sig might, to an extent... a non-creator sig then drops it further)... if resale value isn’t your concern, it sounds totally fun and fine to me. I love the Peruvian version suggestion!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector spfd18 private msg quote post Address this user
Ultimately it comes down to your personal preference. However if it were me, I wouldn't have him sign a WD #2. If anything, I would only have Kirkman and Moore sign the book. That way you only have the two creators on the book, and make a profit off the book if you want to flip it. (Yes I know there are those purists out there that believe if a book is signed "it's ruined forever!" πŸ˜‚. And that debate will rage on till the end of time. However there is still a larger contingent of comic collectors who would kill to have a key issue signed by the creator. I.e. A Stan Lee sig on any of his original books). Plus if your meeting Riggs at say Walker Stalker Con, CBCS and CGC won't be there to witness the sig; since they don't attend these cons. (Thus costing you money to get a Red label from CBCS, and devaluating the comic more; cause it's not a Yellow label. Again the purists! πŸ˜‚). But for Riggs I'd say just either get him to sign a later issue with his character on the cover, a head shot, or a Funko POP/McFarlane action figure (if your into the toys).
Post 12 IP   flag post
596795 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?