Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Where do you buy your books?527

Collector ThisLand private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all. I am new to the forum and was hoping to get some opinions as to where people prefer to buy (and maybe sell) their books.

I've used a number of outlets with varied results. Comic Link, Heritage, eBay, conventions, LCS...

What's the best resource for finding deals on stuff you're looking for?
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Mostly eBay. For new releases I use Things From Another World www.tfaw.com
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
midtown too.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Arikhan private msg quote post Address this user
I actually just switched from LCS to Midtown because the small shop I frequent couldn't consistently get what I wanted. I like it and I order just enough books that with their discount the shipping is free when get books on a monthly basis.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector lightsmith private msg quote post Address this user
I just switched to dcbs for my new stuff but still go to my lcs. Also conventions and antique stores sometime ebay.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Jaydknight private msg quote post Address this user
I get mine from my LCS, EBay, conventions and Midtown comics occasionally. I always try and look for the best deal between them.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector ThisLand private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the info everyone. I've been meaning to try the online shops like DCBS and Midtown. I haven't heard much about TFAW. I'll definitely check those out.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Moderator The_Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
I've been ordering my monthly comics from DCBS for years. I highly recommend them
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Where is Midtown Comics?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Moderator The_Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
@Rafel New York city
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Watcher
@Rafel New York city
Post 11 IP   flag post
Thank you very much. I'm near San Francisco, California so it may take me a while getting out there.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
For the majority of my new stuff, I have a subscription service set up through Graham Crackers Comics in IL. I go to Comic Book World in Florence, KY and The Bookery in Fairborn, OH for the majority of my raw keys. The owners have really gone out of their way to help me find certain books that I have been looking for and in high grades with fair prices.
At times, my buddy and I make road trips to other comic shops in the region. Ebay is handy, although I have been buying less there. Comic Collector Live for cheap back issues. Other local stores that I pop into once a month for supplies and just shoot the breeze with people there.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Watcher
I've been ordering my monthly comics from DCBS for years. I highly recommend them

I also use DCBS. They offer great discounts and have great customer service.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector techtre2003 private msg quote post Address this user
DCBS is awesome. I always used them when I was buying tons of books. My modern list is pretty short now so I go through my LCS; awesome owner and I support them as much as I can.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
I get mine from all over. I try to go to the 4 LCS before on line. They all tend to have different things from time to time. eBay and Mid Town have been the main two for me as far as on line goes.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Oldbsturgeon private msg quote post Address this user
I get my book I buy from a local store
Post 17 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Conventions, big 3 auction houses (Heritage, ComicConnect, CLink), "Dr." John Verzyl (the only dealer I know of who makes house calls -lol), misc. dealer contacts, Metropolis, Bedrock City, etc., etc.
Post 18 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Conventions in California,Ebay,ComicConnect,Comiclink,Heritage (although I kind of take it easy on heritage as they charge Ca. non dealer residence sales tax ) I've hit most of the major internet websites at one time or another Metro, Mycomicshop , HighgradeComics and so on The only major internet player I think I've never bought from is Mile High Comics
Post 19 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Oh and I don't buy anything really "New" I do most of my reading on my tablet with the marvel unlimited service if I could only find some Fabreeze that smells like musty news print
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
Leaving in the same city, San Diego, as IDW and where some of their talent also lives, it seems we all go to the same store. I keep finding out that either their relatives or themselves go in and buy up the variants. When Godzilla Rulers of the Earth #3 came out, I couldn't find a copy anywhere in town. The artist drew a lot of his friends in that issue so I guess they all went out and bought a copy.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Muggyman84 private msg quote post Address this user
I use my lcs mostly i am lucky to have a great one with a great rewards program and sometimes i use midtown. I am looking into dcbs now as i am looking into placing some big advanced orders
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
I guess I didn't think through the question completely based on my earlier post. For moderns, I use DCBS. For GA, SA, BA, and CA - ebay, HA, CC, CL, and a few trusted dealers.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
eBay is the only place I can buy comics since my only LCS closed at the end of last year.
I didn't like going in there anyway because it reeked from the stench of three obese "comic book guys" all the time.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector warbooks private msg quote post Address this user
I buy lots of lower grade reading material from Mycomicshop. I like their selection and strict grading.
Post 25 IP   flag post
598006 25 25
This topic is archived. Start new topic?