Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
Hay guys.Just reporting a mess on ebay.My first time to buy some thing on ebay(DNM #1 9.6 signed & graded)and was putting a bid for only $76 then he?bid his at$77 then $78 at my bid then lost for $79.Problem is records show only 3 bids went through.So how did he win?I called ebay and they say he should not have one.Its a scam.Ebay is investigating it now.It sucks and i didnt get my comic and i been fighting for that comic for days.That was my birthday price.Beware
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@comicsforme That sucks.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
I've noticed many sellers who do this.....IF....the bidding is not to there liking.....or high enough.

They will end the listing.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I think that is exactly what happen.He started his bid very low i thought.$75.
Post 4 IP   flag post
when I sell on eBay - right now ist Beatle issues....I start them low enough to draw bidders.....hopefully someone will get a deal they were looking for.

That is one way how happy customers return.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
@comicsforme Whats the Jive for DNM #1 9.6
Post 6 IP   flag post
He won the bid but record shows he bid one time and i bided 2 times.He bid first.???
Post 7 IP   flag post
One minute left to bid and it refuse me to bid again.Is that the way the bid works on ebay.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Maybe you both bid the same amount, and his bid came in before your bid. Which caused your bid to not go through.
Post 9 IP   flag post
He had it auto bid but they found no records of his bid at the end only the one bid at the begain .His first bid was $75 but won for $79.Still one bid. I bid twice.
Post 10 IP   flag post
His one bid could of been $100.00, and it would show up as the opening bid of $75.00. When you bid, his bid keeps moving up to a dollar more than yours. Sounds normal to me, unless I'm missing something.
Post 11 IP   flag post
A link to the auction would help, in case I'm missing something.
Post 12 IP   flag post
This happen 1/13/18.His records show he only bid one time 1/7/18.He must be a ghost are refused to let me bid at the end.Still no records him biding at the end.
Post 13 IP   flag post
let's see....as a seller and buyer on ebay....I see this...it has happened to me. I brushed it off, never to buy from that seller again....moved on.

It could be....the seller. It could be a fake account, or an option for a private auction.

Not much after that...
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicsforme
This happen 1/13/18.His records show he only bid one time 1/7/18.He must be a ghost are refused to let me bid at the end.Still no records him biding at the end.

Link please
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer
His one bid could of been $100.00, and it would show up as the opening bid of $75.00. When you bid, his bid keeps moving up to a dollar more than yours. Sounds normal to me, unless I'm missing something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer
Maybe you both bid the same amount, and his bid came in before your bid. Which caused your bid to not go through.

Both likely scenarios
Post 16 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
How many times someone bids does not matter.

You could bid 14 times and I could bid once, prior to your bidding or after your bidding. And I could win.

The amount of the bid is what matters.

As someone stated above. I could bid $100.00 for an item that was listed with a starting bid of $75.00, and it would show that I bid $75.00 for all the world to see. But the system would know my bid was $100.00, and therefore if someone came later and bid $76.00 or more (as long as it was not over my initial $100.00 bid). Then the system will just up my bid over yours until we reach the $100 mark.

That is how it works.

This is not an auction like on a Friday night at the local auction house. Where it goes up one dollar at a time until someone yells uncle.

You should bid the maximum you are willing to pay for that item, the first time you bid. If you really want it. The system will just record the starting bid price until someone else bids and makes your bid raise to your set upper level amount. YOu might win it for the starting bid price, or just a little more. Or you may lose it to someone that bids $101.00

Now, I am sure someone will come on here and describe "sniping".
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Link please. Cannot help without reviewing the data...I'm sorry, but your story of your situation isn't very clear.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, calling ebay to complain about not winning an auction...
Post 19 IP   flag post
A minute and half to bid still and it refuse to let me bid,thats the problem.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Did you mean "refused" or " refuses"?
Post 21 IP   flag post
Well then that is strange.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Did you mean "refused" or " refuses"?

You make it sound like it is happening now. Yet, you stated in your first post that you already lost.

I can't help you if I don't know where we are in this situation.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicsforme
A minute and half to bid still and it refuse to let me bid,thats the problem.

Still waiting for the link.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE
Wow, calling ebay to complain about not winning an auction...

Well better than complaining here and not sharing any relevant information
Post 25 IP   flag post
Just a weird thread. OP stated he was "fighting for that comic for days" to get this book, bid $1 over the starting bid of $75, and is now warning people that it's a scam and beware. Yeah...just kind of weird.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Cannot find such ended auction on eBay so either got cancelled or might never happend
Post 27 IP   flag post
It was all fake news
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Cannot find such ended auction on eBay so either got cancelled or might never happend

I tried too...searched many different ways...guess it didn't happen. Government coverup.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

I tried too...searched many different ways...guess it didn't happen. Government coverup.

Couldn't find it either.
Post 30 IP   flag post
597904 56 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?