Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Fellow Canadians - How is FedEx with fees?5258

Collector Thundergod73 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

I'm not new to collecting but I am new to sending to CBCS (have a few; never sent them myself).

I was a little concerned seeing FedEx was the shipping option. How have other Canadian's found their experience was? Any unexpected fees?

Thanks!
Jeremy
Post 1 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I think if i remember that i got hit with additonal customs charges...been a while...memory is fogy. They were less than 20 bucks though
Post 2 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Are you close to the border? Next time i will send from the US and receive at my US post box to save some shipping costs and any customs...need to verify how or if to claim at the border...only paying for a service not a product?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
I think i had to pay customs once or twice for CBCS shipments.

I've only ever been charged taxes and duty on the grading fees.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Thundergod73 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks guys. I can live with tax on grading fees..I was concerned they might stick me with book value tax.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector farseer private msg quote post Address this user
I've never had to pay any additional fees. My last two shipments were for 5 and 4 books and both were in the $50 to $55 dollar range for shipping. (I'm in Southern Ontario)

For the 2nd to last shipment I did receive an invoice after the fact from FedEx with customs charges on it but I spoke to Jake in customer service and he took care of it for me.
Post 6 IP   flag post
601228 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?