Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ebay sellers - counteroffers5241

Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user

Post 51 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiot
I adore low ball offers, I do. I have a bunch of fun with them. I don't mind such, I don't "get insulted" (for what? who the F@#k are you to be insulted?) and I completely understand the desire to attain something on the cheap, or if a seller is desperate. I would never BLOCK anyone for low ball offers I mean, really?

On a personal note; I have had some real gems when it comes to low ballers. I had an item up for $2,500 not long back and an offer comes in for...ready???? $250.00 ...that's correct boys and girls, 10% of asking price. I didn't get angry or insulted, but I laughed my ass off at the audacity, the gall, the unmitigated lack of reality displayed. Or that they were simply not serious at all.

I simply wrote him back, no counter, declined, with a message reading "Yeah, thank you for the offer. I would have accepted it two decades ago, no question. Good luck" I simply have fun with low ballers. Just part of the price of doing business

you don't consider that offer a complete waste of your time to respond to? the low baller must be thinking either a.) the seller is completely ignorant to the true value of the book and therefore take advantage or b.) you're so desperate to sell maybe he'll get lucky. either way, he has a negative opinion about the seller.

he's not making an honest attempt for a genuine transaction or negotiation. he's trying to swindle.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
I adore low ball offers, I do. I have a bunch of fun with them. I don't mind such, I don't "get insulted" (for what? who the F@#k are you to be insulted?) and I completely understand the desire to attain something on the cheap, or if a seller is desperate. I would never BLOCK anyone for low ball offers I mean, really?

On a personal note; I have had some real gems when it comes to low ballers. I had an item up for $2,500 not long back and an offer comes in for...ready???? $250.00 ...that's correct boys and girls, 10% of asking price. I didn't get angry or insulted, but I laughed my ass off at the audacity, the gall, the unmitigated lack of reality displayed. Or that they were simply not serious at all.

I simply wrote him back, no counter, declined, with a message reading "Yeah, thank you for the offer. I would have accepted it two decades ago, no question. Good luck" I simply have fun with low ballers. Just part of the price of doing business

you don't consider that offer a complete waste of your time to respond to? the low baller must be thinking either a.) the seller is completely ignorant to the true value of the book and therefore take advantage or b.) you're so desperate to sell maybe he'll get lucky. either way, he has a negative opinion about the seller.

he's not making an honest attempt for a genuine transaction or negotiation. he's trying to swindle.

Yes, that is why you can laugh at low ballers.

I generally do not give an option for a Best Offer.

I think it is better to simply price books fairly, if ypur books are well represented, accurately graded with high res FC & BC scans with additiinal pics...and ypu grade accurately....and you offer a CGC & CBCS grade gusrantee on your lidtings, as I do and other sellers like Bedrock City offer, than your prices will be met, sooner or later.

I still get guys messaging me for offers, in spite of not including a Best Offer option.

Most of the time, the offers are too low, so I politely decline them.

Some of the times, the offers are fair so I cut deals (around 10-15% off), which will usually lead to the guy buying a few books off me, so this works.

I also give US buyers boxed priority shipping at a flat cost of $5, on any 2 or more raw books and/or slabs.

So if you have a reasonable marketing approach, offering a best offer option is IMO not the way to go.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector VillageIdiot private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

Waste of my time? Hell no 👍🏻 It’s actually an entertaining break in my day, or at least the minuets of my day 🧐
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
lol
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with cak on this one. If low ballers and disrespectful bids are that much of a pain, then don't offer obo's. Otherwise just let it go and take the high road. Life's too short to waste time on such fools.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Nothing to do whether an offer is lowball or not.

Let's say the original bin price is $100
Buyer make an offer on $75
I as seller counter with $85, whereafter the buyer immediately responds with an offer of $65

Pretty much a waste of my time which is why I tend to block this kind of buyers - and they do come up from time to time

The buyer in this case is being a jerk. I would just let it sit and not bother replying. The message being "you've wasted enough of my time"
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Nothing to do whether an offer is lowball or not.

Let's say the original bin price is $100
Buyer make an offer on $75
I as seller counter with $85, whereafter the buyer immediately responds with an offer of $65

Pretty much a waste of my time which is why I tend to block this kind of buyers - and they do come up from time to time

The buyer in this case is being a jerk. I would just let it sit and not bother replying. The message being "you've wasted enough of my time"

Yeah - but I am a nice guy so I respond to every offer rather than letting it sit out. Just that this type of bidders end up in my bin
Post 58 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
@poka I didn't win; I get sniped out at the last second.

Which item?
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
So, where do you guys stand on offers through e-bay when there is no "best offer" on the listing?

I've had great success with this. Probably because I'm only asking for something like free shipping.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
So, where do you guys stand on offers through e-bay when there is no "best offer" on the listing?

I've had great success with this. Probably because I'm only asking for something like free shipping.

Just bought a few from a comic shop which I have been following for a long time (comics not the comic shop) which didn’t give any best offer opportunity. One was only one of a kind so seller was asking for a very high price and had had it for more than a year but he agreed to a more reasonable price even though it was at a 40% discount (still 4 digits)

After the first sale I made a few more offers to same seller one of which was accepted.

He was happy and I was happy (for my collection) - my wallet was not . Also agreed that if came across more of this type of books he was more than welcome to contact me
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector Pixx_L private msg quote post Address this user
If you're insulted by an offer it's really on you I think. As has already been said you can filter out any offers below a certain amount, but also an item's worth is only what the market will allow. So whatever you think something should be listed as if you're not generating interest then you can't turn your nose up (and be insulted) at someone offering below what you want. Remember it's not like a buyer knows how much traffic your item is generating. Just thank the person for their interest and point them to an item you might have that's within their price range if you don't want their offer.
Post 62 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixx_L
If you're insulted by an offer it's really on you I think. As has already been said you can filter out any offers below a certain amount, but also an item's worth is only what the market will allow. So whatever you think something should be listed as if you're not generating interest then you can't turn your nose up (and be insulted) at someone offering below what you want. Remember it's not like a buyer knows how much traffic your item is generating. Just thank the person for their interest and point them to an item you might have that's within their price range if you don't want their offer.

I like this approach! Guide them to an item you offer that is withing that price range! Marvelous. Really. I'm going to start doing that.
Post 63 IP   flag post
600771 63 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?