Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver AgeQuestions

TOS 52, Help with GPA?5239

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I have made offers on a couple 7.0 copies and one 8.0 copy of Tales of Suspense 52. My offers were declined without counter offers.

I went in a little below what I figured I'd pay, but I expected negotiation.

I don't have a GoCollect or GPA subscription. Could you guys help me out with the stats of the going rates for 7.0, 7.5, & 8.0 copies?

There aren't many sales on e-bay for this book in these grades to compare.

I have a pretty good idea of what I should pay, but I'd appreciate the latest data.

Much appreciated guys. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Drahcir private msg quote post Address this user
I don't have access to information to give you past sales, but with the recent movie writing news for Widow I imagine people are very hesitant to sell until they see what kind of hype it brings.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
7.0 12 mth avg 828 Last 825 (4 past 12 months)
7.5 12 mth avg 907 last 900 (4 past 12 months
8.0 12 mth avg 1434 last 1434 (only 1 past 12 months)
Post 3 IP   flag post
I could understand that, but my offers aren't crazy low or anything. A counter offer at least would let me know where their at.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
GPA

2017 7.0
(4) $837Hi $825Lo

2017 7.5
(4) $1,100Hi $777Lo

2017 8.0
(1) $1,434Hi
Post 5 IP   flag post
@IronMan I think we complemented well - lol
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks, guys. Much appreciated.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Thanks, guys. Much appreciated.
so how much lower were your offers?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I could understand that, but my offers aren't crazy low or anything. A counter offer at least would let me know where their at.

IDK why, but some sellers do best offer but just don't respond to offers when they get them.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Well, I offered $1100 for an 8.0, that I could understand was way under. But the guy has had it for sale for a looooong time. I was hoping he'd at least counter.

I offered $700 for a 7.0 (declined) and then $750. No response on that, yet.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I noticed I said their instead of they're. Silly mistake.
Post 11 IP   flag post
There is a 7.5 up on Heritage now. I may throw my hat into the ring there.

If anyone here has a slabbed 7.0-8.0 they're looking to sell, I'm interested. I also have a CGC 4.0 I can trade + cash (PayPal) in the deal.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Well, I offered $1100 for an 8.0, that I could understand was way under. But the guy has had it for sale for a looooong time. I was hoping he'd at least counter.

Bazed on sales data, and the fact this is a book from the Marvel chipping era, and it stull has room to grow over the coming months...I put FMV for a 7.0 at $900, 7.5 at $1100 and 8.0 at $1500-$1800.

For WP copies, add 5-10%.

If I had a copy of this book, I would not let it go gor under current GOA highs, even if it was a straight up cash sale.

Last time I had this book, it was a shot to Hell raw 1.0.

IIRC, I got $125, off my wall at a show. Around 3 years ago.

I'd say make an offer at $850 on the 7.0.

Put your 4.0 up via BIN at the GPA high for 4.5 and wait til it's hit.You'll get it, soon enough.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Looks like you're at least $100 off...what are they asking for these books? If you're making offers half of what they're asking, the. That's an in indication of why they're not negotiating....could also mean they're not serious about actually selling the book at a fair price If they're listing it well above fmv.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Just because the seller has had the book up for sale for a long time doesn't mean he is going to take an offer below current market prices especially if there has been an announcement for a movie.

FYI, I decline low ball offers immediately and save me the hassle of making a counteroffer.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@Drogio most are asking $1000 or close to it for a 7.0.

The one 8.0 has an asking price of $1750 or best offer.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
7.0 - 8.0

You should be able to purchase any of those three grades for between $800 - $1400 as a fair value depending on the sellers willingness to negotiate. However, low availability may make these prices flex up temporarily.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
If you guys buy books regularly, (which by the looks of this forum, you do) is a $5.99/month GoCollect subscription really going to break your bank when you are considering buying a book over $500? Don't be so cheap!

Think about it.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim

Just because the seller has had the book up for sale for a long time doesn't mean he is going to take an offer below current market prices especially if there has been an announcement for a movie.

FYI, I decline low ball offers immediately and save me the hassle of making a counteroffer.

I usually offer below GPA as my starting point because sometimes they accept. If you never ask you donโ€™t know. Potentially missing out on some big savings.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Squack private msg quote post Address this user
With the announcement of Black Widow in her own movie, I can see why sellers are asking above the 12 month FMV. Most are fearful of missing out on an explosion and are not willing to take less than asking price on potentially hot books.
Post 20 IP   flag post
The seller of the 8.0 responded that his bottom line is $1650.

I told him I couldn't go that much over GPA, but that I appreciated his response.
Post 21 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
There is a 7.5 up on Heritage now. I may throw my hat into the ring there.

If anyone here has a slabbed 7.0-8.0 they're looking to sell, I'm interested. I also have a CGC 4.0 I can trade + cash (PayPal) in the deal.

I can't find said book. Is it up in one of their auctions or for sale privately?
Post 22 IP   flag post
It's an auction.

Sorry, it's Comic Link. I've been shopping all over the place & got mixed up.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH%2EASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3DTales%2Bof%2Bsuspense%2B52%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item%5F1218409&id=1218409&itemType=0
Post 23 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
oK, thx, I was beginning to think I was in an episode of the Twilight Zone with William Shatner.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foghorn_Sam
oK, thx, I was beginning to think I was in an episode of the Twilight Zone with William Shatner.

He was awesome in that. Did at least two episodes from what I can recall.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Yes, two episodes that I can think of. The famous "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" Directed by Richard Donner. As well as "Nick of Time", about the penny machine fortune teller.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Well, I worked out a deal on a 7.0. There was one for cheaper, but this one had better paper quality.

Someday I'll get an 8.0 or better, but a 7.0 is nothing to sneeze at.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats on the 7.0. Great pickup.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Thanks. Hopefully I can snag an upgrade in the future when the market fluctuates a little.
Post 29 IP   flag post
And I took @kaptainmyke's advice & got a GoCollect subscription. I love stats, & now I'll be able to make sure I don't over pay for slabs in the future.
Post 30 IP   flag post
598032 34 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?