CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Buyers be warned (eBay seller)5215

Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
If you are lucky you might find a FF48 for sale in the Con

True.

Well at this point I struck out twice with books, and the person who was going to sign the book is on the chopping block for sexual harassment...so things can't get any worse.

We can still catch the criminals, and bring justice back to Gotham!
I mean America...no wait I mean North America...no wait I mean the Northern Hemisphere, no wait I mean all of Earth.

GAH! 2018 YOU'VE LEAD ME DOWN A DARK PATH SO FAR!
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user

Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@comic_book_man Don’s necessary avoid to buy ungraded but FF 48 is noctorius for color touch due to its black cover.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
The book sure does look ugly with the reverse spine roll. Isn't this something people do to hide defects on the spine to the back of the book?
Post 54 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
i cannot add to my ever growing block list user id: Brunsfam

does not exist

edit: case sensitive, my bad
Post 55 IP   flag post

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Wait wait wait, is this the same desktop...again with a different seller???

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FANTASTIC-FOUR-NO-171-1976-RARE-SIGNED-COMIC-AUCTION-NOW/263416671645?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D47301%26meid%3D9073a398d2b84d199a97db425366de03%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D9%26mehot%3Des%26sd%3D253343108431&_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850
Post 56 IP   flag post
@OGJackster The granite looks different, and also not Oregon!
Post 57 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
IDK, if you look at his other listings, the desktop looks real close, just different angles and lighting.

http://stores.ebay.com/galblanc/
Post 58 IP   flag post
@OGJackster I think the granite coloring and shape sizes don't match, plus the angle of the photograph is definitely different (straight vs side).
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Can we sticky a thread at the top of the forum with Granite Top Pictures, so we know which ones to look out for?
Post 60 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE
The book sure does look ugly with the reverse spine roll. Isn't this something people do to hide defects on the spine to the back of the book?

FF 48 is notorious for miscut and poor alignment. Perhaps the book you speak of has had the reverse spine roll treatment in pressing, but it is worth keeping in mind that many, MANY copies of this book were poorly cut and folded. Look around and you'll see lots of copies where part of the letter "M" in the MARVEL in the logo box is not visible. It's on the edge of the spine or on the back.
Post 61 IP   flag post
@IronMan This particular book has color touch, regardless of reverse spine roll -
Shipping it back tomorrow, a hunk of junk book for a hunk of junk seller.
Post 62 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
Can we sticky a thread at the top of the forum with Granite Top Pictures, so we know which ones to look out for?
lol!

We are looking for restored Off-White FF48 books...on Cream to Off-White Granite Counter Tops in Tan2Brownville Oregon. Keep an eye open!
Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
@IronMan

You're right. I see a lot with the same problem especially those in high grade.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
On a side note, what the heck is up with Oregon area?! So many scammers there.

They all must work out of PGX's garage. lol

All jesting aside, as an Oregon native, the association of PGX and Oregon is unfortunate as I have had positive dealings with far more upstanding sellers than negative and unscrupulous ones.

I seriously doubt PGX being a Oregon company has much affect on the likely-hood of being scammed by someone in Oregon. Youre probably just as likely to be scammed in Florida. I have never been scammed by an ebay seller based in Oregon as opposed to New York, which is where the majority of my experiences with being scammed center around.

I have never sent any books to PGX, never will. In my mind their brand has given negative attention the good name of Oregon in the realm of comic collectors. Most, like 95% of the collectors I know and have spoken too do not admit to giving them business. Many collectors here including myself would like to see them close their doors permanently.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by comic_book_man
eBay seller Brunsfam is buying restored books, cracking them, and reselling as "unrestored".

I noticed he left CGC archival paper in the book I received, yet his story was that it was from his father's collection. I dug a little deeper, found a restored book in his purchase history - same exact book.

Be sure to block him ASAP.

**UPDATE** You may also want to block ducatidesmod16rr, read further to see why.

I had this exact same thing happen to me with a Hulk 181 about 4 years ago. Seller was selling multiple raw copies. I bought one, probably overpaid but eventually had the usual suspects sign it and when it came back from grading it was Restored! I looked in his purchase history and sure as shit, there were multiple PLOD Hulk 181's and one with the exact same grade as mine got.

I couldnt do anything at that point except reach out to the seller but they never responded. The PayPal and Ebay windows were past so I was stuck. the sellers name was BEATLEBLUECAT from NYC.

Im sorry to hear about your experience. You're not the only one. F- SCAMMERS.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user

Post 67 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odins_Raven
The sellers name was BEATLEBLUECAT from NYC.

Im sorry to hear about your experience. You're not the only one. F- SCAMMERS.

Wow, really?

I just bought a book from BEATLEBLUECAT - Had to return in because it didn't match the description, his photos were very poor and hid a lot of the defects of the book. I sent him the book back and he said he had to bend the book to get it out of the packaging but I've never had an issue with my shipping methods...I sent him extra money to pay for a "pressing" - but who knows if that was even true, now that I see your post here.

@Odins_Raven I think we all know how great Oregon is, we didn't mean to say it was full of scammer other than KingNampa taking a jab at PGX - which as of right now, is unrelated to these two scammer eBay sellers.

THANK YOU FOR SHARING!
Post 68 IP   flag post
...You know, I wonder now...

I have been trying to avoid getting screwed on eBay by only buying books with Return options...yet it seems most of the people with Return options have attempted to "screw" me so far.

I wonder if that is their play, "if we offer returns, no one will expect foul play, and we can avoid the negative feedback associated with our crack & flip schemes"...
Post 69 IP   flag post
Collector VillageIdiot private msg quote post Address this user
Oregon is a deranged, sanctuary state! It deserves every bit of scorn it receives, PGX related or not.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
...You know, I wonder now...

I have been trying to avoid getting screwed on eBay by only buying books with Return options...yet it seems most of the people with Return options have attempted to "screw" me so far.

I wonder if that is their play, "if we offer returns, no one will expect foul play, and we can avoid the negative feedback associated with our crack & flip schemes"...

Yeah, I think that is part of the scammer's playbook ... advertise that you are super-easy to deal with and even happily take returns ... because a LOT of people won't see the flaws, or won't bother to return, or will feel guilty complaining, or whatever.
Post 71 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiot
Oregon is a deranged, sanctuary state! It deserves every bit of scorn it receives, PGX related or not.

I can't tell if your trolling or joking. Hopefully the latter. Cheers.
Post 72 IP   flag post
Not intended to "troll" or joke! However, I absolutely meant every word I wrote
Post 73 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
At least we smoke legally.
Post 74 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Why so hostile and rude? I don't think such is warranted, or wanted, around here.
Post 75 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:

Why so hostile and rude? I don't think such is warranted, or wanted, around here.

So, now my opinion is "hostile & rude"??? to whom, you? Those that live in Oregon? Cry me a river! It's certainly "warranted" because I was responding to a statement with one of my own! Next, is it WANTED? I don't know, was it wanted when you got sent to your room as punishment when a wee lad? Was it wanted when you first received a traffic ticket? Was it wanted when you failed your first test? You don't "Want" others opinions written on this board that you don't personally agree with, or get butthurt about? Well, get a petition going and have me banned

Sanctuary state, FACT!!!
Post 76 IP   flag post
Oh, and Oregon is also a “Sanctuary” state with regards to Purple label graded books that end up reholdered and given a new, high grade, Blue label lifestyle via Oregon’s pride and joy, PGX 🤔 Oregon seems fairly shady to me? I don’t know, could just be chaos mathematics 👍🏻
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Well, get a petition going and have me banned

+1 😈
Post 78 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Well, get a petition going and have me banned

+1 😈

That’s two! Keep it up, boys 👍🏻
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@IronMan This particular book has color touch, regardless of reverse spine roll -
Shipping it back tomorrow, a hunk of junk book for a hunk of junk seller.

Comtact eBay, make sure you get the original S/H cost refunded, and he pays for return shipping.

I have yet to have a buyer ask me for a return dince I got back into selling comics on eBay ,4 years ago. I know how to grade and package books.

Back in the day, around 15+ years ago back when I was doibg shows every weekend and regularly selling around a grand in books on eBay via no reserve auctions....back when you could buy silver keys, precode horror and gold at half overstreet, I only had one return.

A Batman #16, the buyer said the page quality was subpar (I graded it as a Fair and said the pages were not brittle, which they weren't).

The guy lived in the same state, he regularly posts on the CGC Forums, first name is Ankur.

He returned the book to me in person, when I was set up at a north jersey show. Handed him the cash and relisted the book.

It sold for about a $100 more, the second time around.

If I was asked for a return, I would refund the buyer for original shipping, and I would pay return shipping.

Any comic dealer worth his salt would do the same.
Post 80 IP   flag post
600895 88 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?