Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Buyers be warned (eBay seller)5215

Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Are both sellers still active? If so, look at their auctions to see if there is a similar description style or picture angles/backgrounds.
Post 26 IP   flag post
It could also be that one bought it from the other and just reused the photos when trying to flip the book...which is against eBay policies I believe as well!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user

Post 28 IP   flag post
https://www.ebay.com/itm/FANTASTIC-FOUR-48-HIGH-GRADE-1st-Silver-Surfer-and-Galactus-8-5-9-0-CGC-it/162843684489?hash=item25ea3d6e89:g:FyAAAOSwO9JaPFWx
Post 29 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comic_book_man
ducatidesmod16rr

Interesting, it is the same photo.
Post 30 IP   flag post

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FANTASTIC-FOUR-48-HIGH-GRADE-OW-W-Pages-1st-Silver-Surfer-and-Galactus-/142631683793?hash=item213582c6d1%3Ag%3AH24AAOSwJtdaOwg5&nma=true&si=h27Eu9oQBRIusaPpA0bWMZnhXas%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FANTASTIC-FOUR-48-HIGH-GRADE-1st-Silver-Surfer-and-Galactus-8-5-9-0-CGC-it/162843684489?hash=item25ea3d6e89:g:FyAAAOSwO9JaPFWx
Post 31 IP   flag post
Is the other posting still up from ducatidesmod16rr? I couldn't find it.

nevermind
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user

Post 33 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Both of the books received were different, and the sellers names/addresses are different - but they are both Oregon, and both with the same counter top and camera angle photo...

Good catch! Yeah, it's the same guy, looks like. The first one, brunsfam, you can see he has recently sold TWO Fantastic Four #48's. The other one, the one not part of the scam above, was offered for sale by ducatidesmod16rr. Listed as "Best offer accepted." Anyway, it's the exact same main picture.

FYI - I did report the original one as fraud. If you are the buyer, you only have limited reporting ability. So I couldn't give any detail ... just a tag (report) and general reason why (fraudulent listing). I will do the same with the second one you found.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown

Just reported the item to eBay. Please cosinder to do the same
Post 35 IP   flag post
I think what he did was have his friend/relative post it for sale for him. So that a smart buyer like you wouldn't see that he bought it as restored previously. I doubt its a duplicate account, ebay is pretty tight on those.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:

This guy has a lot of autographed memorabilia....
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
@DocBrown I left ducatidesmod16rr positive feedback and didn't expect anything(assumed accidental, got my return and moved on) until the second restored FF48 book(I used my return money to buy another, the one from brunsfam), and now that I see the same counter top on brunsfam's new listing - both Oregon - both restored FF48 sellers... something is going on here for real.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
I think what he did was have his friend/relative post it for sale for him. So that a smart buyer like you wouldn't see that he bought it as restored previously. I doubt its a duplicate account, ebay is pretty tight on those.

Could be, could be.
Post 39 IP   flag post
On a side note, what the heck is up with Oregon area?! So many scammers there.

They all must work out of PGX's garage. lol
Post 40 IP   flag post
Selling Bricked phones too, just a dishonest person all around...

Post 41 IP   flag post
If I'm reading this right, they are about an hour from each other.

Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector VillageIdiot private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
On a side note, what the heck is up with Oregon area?! So many scammers there.

They all must work out of PGX's garage. lol

😂
Post 43 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:

Just reported the item to eBay. Please cosinder to do the same

Thanks Poka for sharing and helping to take these guys down.
Post 44 IP   flag post
@OGJackster I looked it up West Linn is 1 hour & half drive to PGX "Offices".
Post 45 IP   flag post
LOL!!!

Quote:
@OGJackster I looked it up West Linn is 1 hour & half drive to PGX "Offices".
Post 46 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Okay, I just got off the phone with eBay. I couldn't find a category for "guy selling under two different accounts," which is why I called them. And then I went ahead and reported the first thing, too, with the fraudulent listing. (Since having two accounts isn't, by itself, against the rules.)

Anyway, I also told him comic_book_man is reporting the same thing, with detailed pictures, and the guy I spoke to will make sure it gets to the right department for further investigation.

Thanks, comic_book_man. I really hate the guys and what they do.
Post 47 IP   flag post
@everyone

It was a team effort to stop this kind of crap.
Sadly, it's my money that's in limbo right now - but I suppose I can feel good knowing that I wasn't dumb enough to fall for their tricks in the end. If this was a couple years back and I was new to eBay, who knows...come CBCS/CGC delivery...oh look my book is restored... OH SHUCKS, OH WELL!

I think I just need to buy slabbed from here on out, only way to be sure there isn't some little hidden thing I miss in my inspection or even some professional restoration that's just so good I can't tell ( something only CBCS/CGC would catch "the pros" ).
I mean for the price I paid I could of just bought a slabbed book anyway.

ALL I WANT IS FOR STAN TO SIGN MY BOOK, and the con is this weekend so there goes my FF48 Stan Lee dreams. Wait, now some nurses are going after him for sexual abuse? OH GOD...BRING BACK 2017!!!
Post 48 IP   flag post
Quote:
@everyone

It was a team effort to stop this kind of crap.
Sadly, it's my money that's in limbo right now - but I suppose I can feel good knowing that I wasn't dumb enough to fall for their tricks in the end. If this was a couple years back and I was new to eBay, who knows...come CBCS/CGC delivery...oh look my book is restored... OH SHUCKS, OH WELL!

I think I just need to buy slabbed from here on out, only way to be sure there isn't some little hidden thing I miss in my inspection or even some professional restoration that's just so good I can't tell ( something only CBCS/CGC would catch "the pros" ).
I mean for the price I paid I could of just bought a slabbed book anyway.
ALL I WANT IS FOR STAN TO SIGN MY BOOK, and the con is this weekend so there goes my FF48 Stan Lee dreams. Wait, now some nurses are going after him for sexual abuse? OH GOD...BRING BACK 2017!!!

If you are lucky you might find a FF48 for sale in the Con
Post 49 IP   flag post
@comic_book_man I got FF #45 & #46 for sale if you want???

#46 already signed by Stan. Back in the day when he signed clearly.

No RESTORATION!

Post 50 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
If you are lucky you might find a FF48 for sale in the Con

True.

Well at this point I struck out twice with books, and the person who was going to sign the book is on the chopping block for sexual harassment...so things can't get any worse.

We can still catch the criminals, and bring justice back to Gotham!
I mean America...no wait I mean North America...no wait I mean the Northern Hemisphere, no wait I mean all of Earth.

GAH! 2018 YOU'VE LEAD ME DOWN A DARK PATH SO FAR!
Post 51 IP   flag post

Post 52 IP   flag post
@comic_book_man Don’s necessary avoid to buy ungraded but FF 48 is noctorius for color touch due to its black cover.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
The book sure does look ugly with the reverse spine roll. Isn't this something people do to hide defects on the spine to the back of the book?
Post 54 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
i cannot add to my ever growing block list user id: Brunsfam

does not exist

edit: case sensitive, my bad
Post 55 IP   flag post
598060 88 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?