Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
COLLECTOR drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
And every innocent person too. That's why real trials are supposed to take place in court --- not the "court" of public opinion.


In Gotham they take place in a different court:





Post 51 • IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
lol


I like the new you. Much more pleasant. LOL


Too bad the same can't be said for you.

"LOL"
Post 52 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
lol


I like the new you. Much more pleasant. LOL


Too bad the same can't be said for you.

"LOL"



Post 53 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 54 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
lol


I like the new you. Much more pleasant. LOL


Too bad the same can't be said for you.

"LOL"


Ouch. Should have known to leave sleeping dogs lie.

"LOL"
Post 55 • IP   flag post


Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
"LOL"
Post 56 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
lots of love?
Post 57 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 58 • IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
First the stolen money and now the sexual harassment claim. Looks to me like the only victim is Stan.

Maybe, but we can't really know until we get all the facts. We shouldn't assume he's innocent and those making the claims are out for a cash grab just because it's Stan Lee and we are comic book fans who idolize him. Yes, it's possible he did nothing wrong. Also possible that he did exactly what he's accused of.

I just hate the hypocrisy of our current society of supporting some, but blasting others. You support Roy Moore because you're a Republican, but then call on Al Franken to resign, because he's a Democrat. Or conveniently ignore the long litany of claims against Bill Clinton because you're a Democrat, but still say that Trump should be impeached.

I do also hate the "court of public opinion" we now live under. Where anyone accused is automatically assumed to be guilty. Let's let the facts come out and speak for themselves before deciding who the victim is.
Post 59 • IP   flag post
Collector Johnnylray private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
Stan is looking very frail now...and it appears someone(s) close to him has stolen/embezzled over a million dollars from him. So I'm going to remain skeptical as it appears possible Stan has a few people taking advantage of him in his declining years....

http://comicbook.com/.../stan-lee-stolen-money-used-to.../


Perhaps the missing money was an attempted Payola to the alleged victim? (note wording:Attempted- alleged) Coincidental that both stories are within a week apart.
Post 60 • IP   flag post
Collector jimmylinguini private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think we can take this story seriously until a victim comes forward.

an anonymous source that contacted the daily mail exclusively is not credible in my opinion.
Post 61 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@Lonestar Stan Lee has been a public figure for a very long time. He more than deserves the benefit of the doubt until real evidence of wrongdoing has been presented. I would like to think that we are better than to say "we can't really know" or anything else that would tarnish his good name. Until proven otherwise Stan is still the Man.
Post 62 • IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos I don't necessarily think he is guilty, but I'm also not going to call him the victim until I know the details. Feel free to give him the benefit of the doubt if you want. But I hope you are doing it for him as you would for anyone else accused of the same behavior. If you are doing it because he's Stan the Man, then you are as bad as people who think everyone publicly accused is automatically guilty.

For me, I'll reserve my judgement until I have all the facts.
Post 63 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
.

Stan Lee has been fulfilling children’s fantasies since the 1940s. Frankly I’m a bit surprised he likes adult women


Ba dum dump chh! 🥁
Post 64 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@Lonestar You clearly feel differently than I do. While everyone deserves a fair trial some people have behaved poorly in the past and deserve a but more scrutiny. Stan Lee on the other hand has earned a lot of good will and I would be more suspicious of accusations against him (and of his accusers) because of his reputation. Stan Lee is beloved by millions of fans around the World and that does not just go away because someone that might have ulterior motives chooses to throw mud.
Post 65 • IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos All good. Reasonable people can disagree.
Post 66 • IP   flag post
Collector IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos @Lonestar

It's also worth pointing out that elder abuse is also a common and growing problem. Every single state has an Adult Protective Services agency and a hotline. Extortion, theft and fraud of the elderly by people around them is the most common form of abuse.

Stan is 95 years old. While most healthy men maintain an interest in sex through their 60's and 70's, well into the 80's interest in sex is weak to non existent.

He's 95 years old. He looks frail & he just lost his wife of 69 years. The police are investing thefts from him of over 1 million dollars - thefts that almost certainly were by someone he is close to.

Educated people ought to be at least aware that the possibility of elder abuse is just as high as the possibility he was asking for sex from his caregivers.

And as Jimmy mentioned, the source was the Daily Mail and the victims remain anonymous....
Post 67 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@IronMan This is part of my thought process that led me to say that the only victim in all of this is Stan himself. This is where Lonestar and I disagree.
Post 68 • IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
lol


I like the new you. Much more pleasant. LOL


Too bad the same can't be said for you.

"LOL"


Post 69 • IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
@IronMan Thanks for your post above about elder abuse. My parents are getting close to Stan's age and we're going through the difficulties of managing their care right now.

I apologize to all if I came off as seeming insensitive to Stan on this issue. That was not my intent. It's just with so many stories in the news lately, some that turn out to be false, some that have denials by the accused that turn out to be false, its sometimes hard to know what's true. I've decided to reserve my personal judgement until more facts come out. This goes not only for Stan, but for all cases.
Post 70 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
It's interesting that Vitale Nursing (a home health agency based out of Beverly Hills and the new firm working with him), says he's polite and nice and respectful
Post 71 • IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
He is fn 95, not sure if you are mentally aware of what you are doing at that age. If a 95 slaps your butt tell him no and move on. I can only imagine what nurses have to endure at nursing homes. It is a hazard of the job.
Post 72 • IP   flag post
Collector OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
It's okay, she's not a nurse! (Too soon?)



Post 73 • IP   flag post
148816 73 23
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.
destitute