Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector VillageIdiot private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
"Mr. Lee categorically denies these false and despicable allegations and he full intends to fight to protect his stellar good name and impeccable character"

http://comicbook.com/2018/01/09/internet-reacts-stan-lee-sexual-misconduct-allegations/#1

Completely expected. At this stage of his life Stan Lee's legal team is structured to preserve his legacy, his lineage. A forceful defense of deniability is utterly elementary. Its exactly what I would do. Regardless, the looniness of our current political and social climate, makes this simple accusation, part of this supposed systemic nature of men being sexual predators and unsavory beings. Its comical really. Be careful. Be VERY careful with all this "stuff" that's permeating our society and it's neo social graces. This kind of talk has the "boy that cried wolf" theory all over it
Post 26 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiot

Completely expected. At this stage of his life Stan Lee's legal team is structured to preserve his legacy, his lineage. A forceful defense of deniability is utterly elementary. Its exactly what I would do. Regardless, the looniness of our current political and social climate, makes this simple accusation, part of this supposed systemic nature of men being sexual predators and unsavory beings. Its comical really. Be careful. Be VERY careful with all this "stuff" that's permeating our society and it's neo social graces. This kind of talk has the "boy that cried wolf" theory all over it

At this stage of life it would hardly be fair to call Stan Lee a predator even if any of the allegations are remotely true. There is no reason to believe that Stan in his current condition would present any real danger to another adult.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:

At this stage of life it would hardly be fair to call Stan Lee a predator even if any of the allegations are remotely true. There is no reason to believe that Stan in his current condition would present any real danger to another adult.

I didn't call Stan a "Predator" I simply stated (correctly so) that the current social climate, WILL do so, and rapidly, regardless of guilt or innocence! No "old man" ever truly presents a danger to anyone 20, 30, 40 years their junior. Doesn't mean they can't partake in objectionable and socially "unacceptable" behavior and that's the real problem. This specific accusation, has become the type of stain that will not wash off easily, if ever!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Oh, and i'll predict right here on this board that this accusation will eventually kill Stan Yep, i'll give him max another 6 months. Not much of a prediction for a man at the ripe ol' age of 95 I realize, yet still.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
No "old man" ever truly presents a danger to anyone 20, 30, 40 years their junior.

Um, from my experience with convicted felons, that's not exactly factual.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
I thought George HW grabbing toosh at every picture op and saying his nickname is “David Coppafeel” was too far, even for the old.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Quote:
No "old man" ever truly presents a danger to anyone 20, 30, 40 years their junior.

Um, from my experience with convicted felons, that's not exactly factual.

Well, come on OG...certainly "Older" men can be quite dangerous. This is a specific matter of context. I was simply agreeing with D. Chaos that Stan isn't truly a danger to anyone at this age. At 95? neither would any felon be either
Post 32 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think it has anything to do with "danger".

It is all about being bothered, pestered, harassed, insulted or and disrespected.

But again. IMO, it is all about being noticed (attention) and financial gain.

On a side note. You have no idea how many times I have been sexually harassed. I couldn't sleep for days after each time.

And that damn dog STILL keeps trying to hump me.
Post 33 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak

It is all about being bothered, pestered, harassed, insulted or and disrespected.

On a side note. You have no idea how many times I have been sexually harassed. I couldn't sleep for days after each time.

My point is that if "being bothered" is a problem for you then caring for the elderly (especially members of the opposite sex) is not a good career choice.

But hey, everyone is a victim these days so shame on me for asking someone to take responsibility for their life choices instead of blaming someone else who may or may not have control of their mental faculties.
Post 34 IP   flag post
I specifically remember (and I wish I didn't) this one disgusting 70 something year old rapist. Had really gross skin conditions. Kind of looked the EC's Old Witch. While the nurse was cleaning him he said in a crackly voice, "you keep touching it like that, you're going to make it hard, HE HE HE." The creep meter pegged out on that one. The nurse promptly flicked the back side of one of his testicles. He then squealed in pain. Never harassed that nurse again. The point is the creep factor sometimes causes more emotional distress to the victim than the physical touching. Seeing him cringe in pain and recoil the way he did, put a big smile on my face...but I digress.
Post 35 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Seems awful convenient timing with all the Weinstein and Amazon executives and Netflix actors allegations if you ask me...
Post 36 IP   flag post
More of the "Me Too" crowd I guess.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user

"I'm an old man...I get confused!

...what are you writing...?"
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like a cash grab to me.

“Mr. Lee categorically denies these false and despicable allegations and he fully intends to fight to protect his stellar good name and impeccable character,” his lawyer said in a statement to the site. “We are not aware of anyone filing a civil action, or reporting these issues to the police, which for any genuine claim would be the more appropriate way for it to be handled. Instead, Mr. Lee has received demands to pay money and threats that if he does not do so, the accuser will go to the media. Mr. Lee will not be extorted or blackmailed, and will pay no money to anyone because he has done absolutely nothing wrong.”
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids

“Mr. Lee categorically denies these false and despicable allegations and he fully intends to fight to protect his stellar good name and impeccable character,” his lawyer said in a statement to the site. “We are not aware of anyone filing a civil action, or reporting these issues to the police, which for any genuine claim would be the more appropriate way for it to be handled. Instead, Mr. Lee has received demands to pay money and threats that if he does not do so, the accuser will go to the media. Mr. Lee will not be extorted or blackmailed, and will pay no money to anyone because he has done absolutely nothing wrong.”

Said every guilty person ever 🙄
Post 40 IP   flag post
Post 41 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:

My point is that if "being bothered" is a problem for you then caring for the elderly (especially members of the opposite sex) is not a good career choice.

But hey, everyone is a victim these days so shame on me for asking someone to take responsibility for their life choices instead of blaming someone else who may or may not have control of their mental faculties.

For some reason, you think I was addressing you about your previous post. I was in fact, addressing the general conversation going on at the time, concerning someone in their 90's being a "danger" to 20, 30, and 40 year olds. Now, while on that again. I just want to point out that a 95 year old man can and has defeated much younger women in combat, and just about anyone can pull a trigger, stab with a knife or swing a club.

You will just have to make allowances for me in my old age. Most things I look at with a smile and a giggle. But sometimes I look at things a little more serious.

As to the "wave" going across the country concerning sexual harassment. IMO, it is mostly bunk accusations. Not all, but mostly.

Does it happen? Of course. But an attempted kiss of someone standing under a mistletoe during a holiday party, is not the same as "give it up or lose your job" kind of thing. Which is different from "c'mon sweetheart, you want to be a star or not". Totally different and should not all be lumped together as sexual predation.
Post 42 IP   flag post
I like pie.
Post 43 IP   flag post
I deleted it, sorry, wrong thread.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user

Post 45 IP   flag post
lol
Post 46 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
lol

I like the new you. Much more pleasant. LOL
Post 47 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Stan is looking very frail now...and it appears someone(s) close to him has stolen/embezzled over a million dollars from him. So I'm going to remain skeptical as it appears possible Stan has a few people taking advantage of him in his declining years....

http://comicbook.com/.../stan-lee-stolen-money-used-to.../
Post 48 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids

Said every guilty person ever 🙄

And every innocent person too. That's why real trials are supposed to take place in court --- not the "court" of public opinion.
Post 49 IP   flag post
First the stolen money and now the sexual harassment claim. Looks to me like the only victim is Stan.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
And every innocent person too. That's why real trials are supposed to take place in court --- not the "court" of public opinion.

In Gotham they take place in a different court:

Post 51 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
lol

Too bad the same can't be said for you.

"LOL"
Post 52 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
lol

"LOL"

Post 53 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
lol

"LOL"

Ouch. Should have known to leave sleeping dogs lie.

"LOL"
Post 55 IP   flag post
598023 73 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?