Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden AgeComics PedigreesQuestions

Marry Detective 38 with cover?5207

Collector tbone911t private msg quote post Address this user
If I marry this FC only to the graded Coverless copy will it retain the "From the personal collection of Jerome Wenker collection" and just get a married cover notation? Grade bump to 0.5? Thanks for any insight

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector chameleoncolors private msg quote post Address this user
I think it will keep the "from Jerome wanker collection" tag but you should definitely contact cbcs first just to be certain but if so you should definitely marry them
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I believe it will get a bigger bump than .5. Possibly 1.0, but it's hard to say.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
I believe it will get a bigger bump than .5. Possibly 1.0, but it's hard to say.

Even with no back cover?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
No, sorry. I didn't notice it wasn't the full cover wrap. If it's just the front, .5 is realistic.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector georgefoo private msg quote post Address this user
With all due respect to the Jerome Walker Collection but the collection’s graded quality is not good. I don’t think retaining the association is of any value.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user
Def marry it
Post 7 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpoolica
Def marry it

It means in this case to simply crack out the comic and re-slab it with this cover resting over it. It can also mean to replace an entire cover, or missing pages, like when the center pages are missing (two center wraps married). This is why people bid so high on certain comics, like a coverless but complete (with Marvel Stamp) Hulk #181, so they can marry the pages with the stamp to their stamp-less copy.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector tbone911t private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgefoo
With all due respect to the Jerome Walker Collection but the collection’s graded quality is not good. I don’t think retaining the association is of any value.

From a dollar perspective I agree but from a significance perspective Mr.Wenkers collection was still quite impressive; hence I would like to be able to retain the designation.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpoolica
Def marry it
It means in this case to simply crack out the comic and re-slab it with this cover resting over it. It can also mean to replace an entire cover, or missing pages, like when the center pages are missing (two center wraps married). This is why people bid so high on certain comics, like a coverless but complete (with Marvel Stamp) Hulk #181, so they can marry the pages with the stamp to their stamp-less copy.

I think in this case “Def” was used as an abbreviation of “Definitely”, not “Define”.

Useful “info” nonetheless 😉
Post 10 IP   flag post
600503 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?