Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Shipped to the Wrong Person?5191

Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
It seems what we're complaining about is what's been taken away...9.8 grading notes, low prices and a very high standard in shipping materials/packing.

Not sure if the buyout by Beckett is to blame, but these all seem to have happened around that transition period. Not to say "just accept it", but companies are always looking at ways to keep costs down while taking a few risks and losing a few customers as long as it puts more $$$ in their revenues.
Post 126 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
I’d be happy to have what cbcs was a year ago.

Zach made the difference.

Pay the man. Whatever he wants, just pay it.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Could they be between stages with the inner-boxes? I'm hoping they're simply rebranding the boxes and they'll make a comeback incorporating the Beckett brand.

Just a theory.
Post 128 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
All companies and people go through growing pains. We all understand that.

But I still do not like this Beckett aspect. Do I want my cupcakes from the local bakery or from Wal-Mart?

I'll take the former please.

I get the feeling (and it is only speculation based on experience), that a Beckett "business consultant" has entered CBCS and changing things to make a larger profit. That ALWAYS entails cutting frills and corners. Thus you lose the mom and pop store mentality and get the big box store model.

Like I said. I know nothing about what is going on with CBCS, except what I read here and experience in the hobby. I agree with Themaxx35.

Like many here. I am buying CBCS books submitted by others, instead of submitting my own, for the time being. Until things shake out and I see what is what.
Post 129 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
#overit
Post 130 IP   flag post

Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos
I brought my 3 door tags (all with the wrong name), a utility bill and the jacked up emails from CBCS. A little magic sprinkled with heavy flirting and the lady felt bad enough to give me the package! Low and behold, the box has someone else's name and my address.

Bottom line: I got my books and have decided that I will not be submitting to CBCS again. I have one last submission through Trinity Comics but beyond that I will be going next door for my grading needs.

I've enjoyed the last year-ish with all of you on the forum and will miss all of you but I'm done. I will no longer support a company that has proven to me over the last week that the customer means very little to them. I wish you all the best and feel free to message me if you'd like to keep in contact through other means.

Mahalo and keep on hunting!

Edit: added pictures to help alleviate the sadness of my passing

Post 131 IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
@Thanatos

Spooky.

The original Thanatos was the Greek god of death.

Don't do it! Come back to us!
Post 132 IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts

Hi Steve.

Can you give us any clarification over the packaging issues?

Cheers.
Post 133 IP   flag post
600639 133 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?