Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature VSPGrading Help NeededSignatures

Need some advice on these signature books519

Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Several years ago, a friend of mine was involved with a convention (Icon on Long Island). Through my friend, I had the opportunity to have Stan Lee, Denny O'Neill and some others sign some books for me (free). The majority of the books wound up getting signed on the inside of the book, on the title page, not the cover. The question I have for the group is this:
Would you still submit a book that didn't have a cover signature for verification under VSP?
This is a partial list of books / signatures:

Marvel Age 41 Stan Lee
Ghost Rider 13 Stan Lee
Sleepwalker 1 Stan Lee
Star Trek 1- (1989) Peter David and Arne Starr
Incredible Hulk annual 16 (1990) Peter David
Star Trek 13 and 14 Peter David
Robin 1,2,3,4, and 5 Denny O'Neil
Batman annual 15 (1991) Denny O'Neill
Batman 422 and 461 Denny O'Neill
Batman 301 Julius Schwartz
Nick Fury agent of shield 22 Mike Rockwitz
Groo 75 Marc McLaurin
Star Trek TNG M.J. Friedman
The Nam 20 Larry Hama
Marvel Comics Presents Wolverine 46 and 71 - Nel Yamtov

Trade Paperback The Power of Ironman Stan Lee (signed on back cover)

I also have Batman 282 and 275 signed by Adam West

Would appreciate any advice, suggestions or opinions.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I've got a few comics signed on the front page also. The most notable one is a Groo #1 signed by Sergio Aragones with a Groo head sketch in the corner. I've been debating this same issue for a while now. I think that I will ultimately have them verified and slabbed for the sake of preserving them if nothing else. Some of the signatures I have are of artists who are no longer around.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
Go for it, I had a Johnny the Homicidal Maniac signed by Jhonen Vasquez but it was the inside cover. Still graded and verified.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Nico private msg quote post Address this user
Only one that can answer that is You.
Do You want to be able to open the comic and see the sig, then don't slab.

If You slab, take pictures and put With the comic.

The value in a sale Will go up for the big sigs like Stan, midler, kirby etc. If they Are vsp slabbed.

A lot of books Are not worth a vps, Moneywise, but a Nice add to the collection.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I agree that it's a shame that interior signatures are basically hidden forever once they are slabbed but hopefully CBCS adopts some of the ideas floating around for handling these. The one I had proposed was to take a high resolution image of the signature and add it to the grader's notes online. Another idea was to include an image of it on the back of the label.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Nico private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
I agree that it's a shame that interior signatures are basically hidden forever once they are slabbed but hopefully CBCS adopts some of the ideas floating around for handling these. The one I had proposed was to take a high resolution image of the signature and add it to the grader's notes online. Another idea was to include an image of it on the back of the label.

Nice suggestions

I have a handfull or two at vsp right now, can't wait to see the grades
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
I would VSP the Stan Lee signatures and any major creator. I personally will VSP a Detective Comics Laughing Fish that came signed by Marshall Rogers, hope it is his true signature.
Post 7 IP   flag post
598064 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?