Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
QuestionsSigning Opportunities

Long Beach Comic Expo5177

Collector Bujinwraith private msg quote post Address this user
Is anyone going this year? I've never been, but the website doesn't really list any guests. Not sure what to expect or if I should go. Anyone gone in the past and have any advice? Thank you!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Dalkiel private msg quote post Address this user
Used to be a cool show but then it got too big and is turning into a San Diego wanna be show.
$40 to get in?!? F that.
Would rather go to California Comic Convention
A pure comic show. No cosplay and no venders selling trinkets. Just good old comics.
Just my thoughts on it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector LB_Buddha private msg quote post Address this user
My understanding is the people that do Comic Con Revolution now used to do the LBExpo and LBCC. They did LBExpo 2017 as their last show then started CCR. LBCC sucked in Sept under new management and apparently aren’t that great at getting guests seeing as how they still have no one really and the show’s a month away. I bought tickets because it was so cheap on Goldstar but now...kinda regretting it. Doubt I’ll be going and it’s in my hood. I skipped LBCC in September cause the guest list was weak. This one’s looking even more dismal 🤷🏻‍♂️
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
For some reason they haven’t been updating their website but have been posting more guest announcements on their twitter feed. It’s still not an amazing guest list but significantly more than they’ve posted on the website
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bujinwraith
Is anyone going this year? I've never been, but the website doesn't really list any guests. Not sure what to expect or if I should go. Anyone gone in the past and have any advice? Thank you!

Long Beach is NOT a bad show at all... I've gone off and on since the second year, even done a booth a couple of times. The hard thing is the crowds, overall. They've ended up with a smaller space than they need for the crowds. Could be that they don't get enough exhibitors to support a larger space, not sure.

I will say, though, if at all possible, DO NOT MISS WonderCon if you can get tickets. Worth every penny. It's SDCC light... Basically, it's SDCC from 8-10 years ago, but growing year-over-year, so not too long before it gets out of hand. Lots of comics, lots of "other" but not overwhelming with the media crap - movie and tv taking up a lot of space and drawing crowds, but not SELLING anything.

Just don't feel obligated to do a full pass for WonderCon, stay right by the convention center, etc... Honestly, don't spend the money unless you're a gluten for punishment. Money is better spent at the show on STUFF.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
Doc Brown. Happy New Year! I see your new years mantra is a picture says a thousand words! Like it! Nuff said.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard
unless you're a gluten for punishment.

I'm never a gluten for punishment. I think I'm allergic.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard
unless you're a gluten for punishment.

I'm never a gluten for punishment. I think I'm allergic.

As long as you're not Con-intolerant... That's harder than gluten intolerant.
Post 9 IP   flag post
596800 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?